Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pnino

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pnino

  1. I've been really impressed with Kevin Gregg but he can also be a future starter. He starter a couple games in LA so maybe the closing duties can go to Gardner or Justin Miller Interesting. :mis2
  2. Is Gregg our closer from our future? I think that he should not be the closer next year. He was really inconsistent and they should give the spot to Lee Gardner I love Gregg as our closer. When he was brought in from LA was extremely happy. I think he has some very good stuff and should man our closer role fine for another two years. Let our young kids mature a bit more. Gregg is the man. :thumbup
  3. If Cantu doesn't show any pop in his bat this year, I swear he was another Juicer. I can't imagine a guy that hits so many dingers in 2005 go to a player w/ absolutely no power. I said this about Jose Guillen and Miguel Tejada last year and a bunch of posters jumped down my throat b/c it was "unfounded accusations". Look now. Both of their names have surfaced as Juicers. Cantu showed promise of a lot of power in the past and now it is absolutely gone. I can't explain this. His former teamate Aubrey Huff too. Don't see how this happens. :knockout
  4. meh, I wouldn't mind trading Scott Olsen if a team values him enough to give up a good catcher/1B/3B prospect for him. I'm just not that sold on him as a pitcher, don't think he will ever be that good in the majors. IMO 2006 was the fluke year, and 2007 was the norm. He is too predictable as he only has two pitches: A good slider that he can't throw for strikes and a decent fastball. Major league hitters can sit back and wait for that fastball and just take the slider as a ball, it happened all of 2007. Whatever happened to the sophmore slump? Doesn't it make more sense that he suffered through a sophmore slump like so many major leaguers do, than to say 06' was the fluke? I think you are being way to critical of Olsen at this point. The kid does have alot of talent. Maybe not a #1, but he can certainly be a solid major leaguer. Being a jerk doesn't mean you can't play the game. UR so right. Look at Schilling. When you look at Curt and you look at Scott, they are so different. You can't compare the two. Schilling had the fastball, and all the mechanics needed to be a major league number one starter anywhere and on any team. Scott Olsen doesn't throw as hard, relies mostly on movement, and won't pan out if his attention is not 100% directed towards his coaches. Guys like Beckett, Schilling, P. Martinez, and power pitchers are in the big leagues and stick because they have great arms, but even they weren't so ignorant as to not listen to their managers. If we can get equal value, trade him at once. I was only referring to the "being a jerk doesn't mean you can't play the game." I consider Schilling to be a big jerk but he is still successful. Olsen is also a jerk. both are pitching in the major leagues. I didn't mean to compare their pitching.
  5. Now Jorge Piedra I do recognize! He was a great hitting prospect that never panned out. Not surprised he signs here, he can become this years frequent pinch hitter if he can land a spot via spring training. Let's keep adding invites Mr. Hill maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise on the cheap. :thumbup
  6. meh, I wouldn't mind trading Scott Olsen if a team values him enough to give up a good catcher/1B/3B prospect for him. I'm just not that sold on him as a pitcher, don't think he will ever be that good in the majors. IMO 2006 was the fluke year, and 2007 was the norm. He is too predictable as he only has two pitches: A good slider that he can't throw for strikes and a decent fastball. Major league hitters can sit back and wait for that fastball and just take the slider as a ball, it happened all of 2007. Whatever happened to the sophmore slump? Doesn't it make more sense that he suffered through a sophmore slump like so many major leaguers do, than to say 06' was the fluke? I think you are being way to critical of Olsen at this point. The kid does have alot of talent. Maybe not a #1, but he can certainly be a solid major leaguer. Being a jerk doesn't mean you can't play the game. UR so right. Look at Schilling.
  7. I view trading Olsen like practically every other player on this team- if the value is there and makes the team better then pull the trigger. A young, cheap lefty SP is a huge premium. It doesn't make sense to trade him when his value is low. But if we were somehow able to get a stud 3B or C and Olsen was the key to the deal....then maybe. But looking to trade him because of his "attitude" or DUI is f'ing stupid. I've been both arrested for DUI and tasered and I turned out ok. Olsen will be fine and I expect him to be on our team unless he is the key component of a monster trade. :cheers
  8. any move on olsen i see happens midseason or next offseason he is the only start that has actually logged innings at the major league level and his value can only go up. (he also does not make any money) even if no teams are interested when the time comes to trade olsen right now he is needed to protect younger arms from being blown out. Gotta agree w/ you. Scotty needs more time and we need to sell high, not low if at all. W/ what we have right now on the diamond, it will be ok to go into the season w/out giving up SP. Good lord we know that it is hard to find. Scotty is not great, but he can only improve. The potential is there. i say we wait and see how he pans out. Keep Scotty.
  9. With the uncertainty of how Rabelo is gonna pan out, I'd agree that having another option wouldn't be a bad idea. Why would you limit your options? If you can sign a guy for cheap and bring in some more competition, go for it... And Panthino - I know what you mean dude.. I don't post here as much as I used to cause of my son and work really, but I was also getting tired of people expecting you to backup every statement with an explanation of no less than 120 words.. And if you refer to something you've either heard or read, the link committe attacks you and wants you to provide every source and link you obtained that information from. Whatever happened to casual baseball talk? Especially in the offseason... I'm not here to have to do research and provide evidence for every comment I make.. Anyways, I think for the most part, people here are cool... But the ones that treat this like a job just stand out more... I appreciate the words. I love the "link committe" reference. It is so true what you say. What ever happened to casual baseball talk? Enjoy the offseason. Baseball will be here soon.
  10. No. It is not that my post just made sense to me. The question that started this topic was the following: "Should we bring him up as a back up first basemen or catcher? He could help the team in '08 " I answered it. I would give the guy a chance. Then Dr.Ruth starts criticizing my response out of the blue.
  11. stinks. .208 AVG/.269 OBP/.278 SLG/547 OPS/1 homer/ 12 RBI in 144 AB No thanks wow you are right he does stink sorry I even mentioned him coming up with us. Besides they did let him go For our catcher, I don't really care as much about his offense than how he will be able to handle our pitchers and their pitches. If he can save our arms and call a game, I say sign him. we have catchers that can handle our pitchers What a fallacious argument. The Marlins non-tendered their starting catcher from 2007 so the trade for Rabelo shouldn't be regarded as little more than maintaining depth at the position. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Phillips could match Treanor's performance, which has been on the rise. You know, this is why many times, I cringe at posting on this site. Some of you people are just way overboard. Microanalyzing anything anyone says. I just said I would be willing to give Phillips a chance. I am not to satisfied w/ either option at catcher. I stated my opinion. Thats it. I don't have to give a dissertation as to why my opinion is the way it is. If you don't like it, go to Afghanistan and try to control what people say there. As for now, my opinion is that. If you don't like what you hear, f*** off. Some of you guys ride such a high horse, I'm surprised anyone posts on this site anymore. Take a chill pill and relax. I mean handle them Well. If treanor were the answer We wouldn't have signed Rabelo. We don't really know how Rabelo is gonna turn out. So, If Phillips could do a better job than those two, I wouldn't mind signing him. :fyou
  12. stinks. .208 AVG/.269 OBP/.278 SLG/547 OPS/1 homer/ 12 RBI in 144 AB No thanks wow you are right he does stink sorry I even mentioned him coming up with us. Besides they did let him go For our catcher, I don't really care as much about his offense than how he will be able to handle our pitchers and their pitches. If he can save our arms and call a game, I say sign him. we have catchers that can handle our pitchers I mean handle them Well. If treanor were the answer We wouldn't have signed Rabelo. We don't really know how Rabelo is gonna turn out. So, If Phillips could do a better job than those two, I wouldn't mind signing him.
  13. stinks. .208 AVG/.269 OBP/.278 SLG/547 OPS/1 homer/ 12 RBI in 144 AB No thanks wow you are right he does stink sorry I even mentioned him coming up with us. Besides they did let him go For our catcher, I don't really care as much about his offense than how he will be able to handle our pitchers and their pitches. If he can save our arms and call a game, I say sign him.
  14. knicks (with a D) spend money but have a fool running them We hae a fool owning us that doesnt spend money but a brilliant guysd running it I wouldn't call the Front Office 'brilliant.' Just look at the minor league system. Well, as an overall grade, I think our FO is much better than other ML teams. It can't all be perfect but I think many people agree that the Marlins do a great job given the situation they have been in. How can we have a deep minor league system if these kids are rushed to the ML once another firesale takes place. I'm sure Maybin could probably use another year to ripen but you can bet that he will probably be rushed to CF this year. Oh, well. Thats the way the ball bounces in South Florida. :jump
  15. Good stuff. Now if only we can get an email from Jeffrey Loria saying: I will raise payroll now! I just got this email response Dear MiamiMarlins1, We will be raising the payroll for the start of th 2011 season. We plan on signing Miggy as a free agent. Your pal, Jeffrey Loria I just got this email response Dear Panthino, Now that the stadium deal is final, I will be selling the team and leaving town. I will be relocating to Montreal. Sincerely, Jeffrey Loria
  16. I would like for the 2011 Worldseries games to be played at Dolphins Stadium to fit more people, not just 37000. Those tix would be hard to find. You might be onto something there but they gotta make it to the series first and whoever owns the stadium at the time won't let them in for cheap either. The profit is still more than the expense though, and the fan happines would be better also. I know we have to make it first Why would they go to all the trouble of building a new stadium, only to have the biggest games of the year moved to dolphin stadium? Cause the capacity of Dolphins Stadium is 2X bigger. 37,000 is too little for the WS. Trust me, you would like the idea if you were left of the series and had to pay a lot of money. Its just 1 series. This way, everyone who wants to go, goes. They just had a world series at Fenway. I didnt see the redsox moving games to Gillette Stadium so they could have an extra 20,000 fans. If you want to go to the game..... get season tickets or some sort of a plan that gets you playoff tickets. Sorry but I just dont see the Marlins moving world series games to the stadium they just left, so they can accommodate band wagon fans. Its actually a terrible idea. Season tickets don't automatically get you playoff tickets. I purchased season tickets once and only was given the opportunity to buy playoff tickets. They were not cheap. I ended up buying tickets at the top of Dolphin stadium. Funny, I was on the last row at the top of the stadium when the marlins played the Giants. I had a great time anyway.
  17. Lets talk sounds. They gotta get a new chant other than that lame "Lets go Marlins..(Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap Clap) That is so annoying. Its too long and drawn out. It fits for the Mets cause of the one syllable name. But not for us. Some chant w/ the word Fish in it. Something Short and powerful. That clapping gets annoying after a few innings. And tiring too.
  18. This winter may prove me wrong but I've said previously I believe, even if a bit of it is for show, upon completion of a deal (and today is not the completion of a deal) the Marlins will immediately double their payroll as an act of good faith to the fans. How long it lasts I don't know. Am I wrong? Maybe. But let's get a deal done first. Forget doubling the payroll.....the good grace they need to do is sign Hanley to a VERY long term deal. 7 years, 105 million :goodpost
  19. So if they vote yes.... then what happens? This would allow the county and the city to go ahead and finalize the deal with the Marlins. Reading over the county's memo, it appears as if the Marlins and local government have worked out all their major differences. Tomorrow is really the last major hurdle. If it passes, the rest would just be formalities. :pray
  20. I think it is fair to say one part of the equation towards building the fan base back up is the new stadium . The other is the ownership needs to start rebuilding the many bridges they have burned with in the community . I still say a new owner needs to come in and take over. Loria is not well liked in these parts. :hairrollers
  21. The Mermaids upgrade and give lap dances. :bouncy
  22. I would love a La Granjas there yea! Now we are talking! Love me some La Granja chicken. love that place! that would deffinately be a plus if we were to get that. I was just gonna say we need nice restaurants and better food in the stadium. I also agree with a Teal Tower version 2. We really do need better food. This is freakin' Miami, we need more than just the generic hot dog/pretzels/popcorn/peanuts for food. Give it some local flair. Cuban Coffee is a must.
  23. Boy you have terrible reading comprehension. Speaking of carpetbaggers, since when wasn't Wayne Huizenga from Chicago via New Jersey? Since when hasn't he taken now two South Florida franchises (or is it three) to near ruination while lining his pockets every step of the way? Talk about your pot calling the kettle black and revisionist history. I really loved the line about how Wayne wants what's best for all of South Florida (...oh god help me, I know my failing is I don't suffer fools well). Let's ask how Broward County feels about their dealings with his organization or Miami when his family gained control of the Miami Arena Authority and made sure to drive hockey from what had been a very good venue for the sport. But I can't stop laughing at the "Wayne...does do what is best for the interests of South Florida as a whole" line. Dave Hyde is that you? That was just precious. Umm.. last time I checked AutoNation was based in Fort Lauderdale, so was (is) Republic Industries, so are most of his houses, so was Blockbuster before he sold it to Viacomm. Last time I checked the Huizenga name was on more than a few school buildings down here. How many does Mickey Arison have, how many does jeffrey Loria have? I'd say he cares plenty about South Florida compared to other people in his situation. Yes Wayne is from up north, he's also like 70-something how many native 70-something Floridians do you know? Now seriously, take your time and answer this question for me. What is your idea of a good sports team owner? Take your time, look around. Find one owner that is willing to take a serious financial hit to please his fans with any sort of frequency. Find me one guy who is willing to let the fans dictate how he runs things all while getting a decent return on his investment and winning enough to take the heat off his own arse. I mean it, never mind anything else I've said. Forget about the title of this post and just answer that with a strait face. Seeing how you asked for just one... Green Bay Packers. The owners are the fans. That would also be my idea of the best sports team owner. And no I am not implying anything. I don't agree with everything 2003 says, but I am agreeing with him on this one. You appear to be proud to be a Wayne apologist. You are definetly in the wrong forum for that to be taken seriously. I'll have to disagree on the wrong forum issue. That is exactly what this forum needs, a difference of opinion. How would it all pan out if everyone agreed on everything here. The differences is what makes this forum great, Wayne apologists or not.
  24. Boy you have terrible reading comprehension. Speaking of carpetbaggers, since when wasn't Wayne Huizenga from Chicago via New Jersey? Since when hasn't he taken now two South Florida franchises (or is it three) to near ruination while lining his pockets every step of the way? Talk about your pot calling the kettle black and revisionist history. I really loved the line about how Wayne wants what's best for all of South Florida (...oh god help me, I know my failing is I don't suffer fools well). Let's ask how Broward County feels about their dealings with his organization or Miami when his family gained control of the Miami Arena Authority and made sure to drive hockey from what had been a very good venue for the sport. But I can't stop laughing at the "Wayne...does do what is best for the interests of South Florida as a whole" line. Dave Hyde is that you? That was just precious. I'll have to disagree on the wrong forum issue. That is exactly what this forum needs, a difference of opinion. How would it all pan out if everyone agreed on everything here. The differences is what makes this forum great, Wayne apologists or not. Umm.. last time I checked AutoNation was based in Fort Lauderdale, so was (is) Republic Industries, so are most of his houses, so was Blockbuster before he sold it to Viacomm. Last time I checked the Huizenga name was on more than a few school buildings down here. How many does Mickey Arison have, how many does jeffrey Loria have? I'd say he cares plenty about South Florida compared to other people in his situation. Yes Wayne is from up north, he's also like 70-something how many native 70-something Floridians do you know? Now seriously, take your time and answer this question for me. What is your idea of a good sports team owner? Take your time, look around. Find one owner that is willing to take a serious financial hit to please his fans with any sort of frequency. Find me one guy who is willing to let the fans dictate how he runs things all while getting a decent return on his investment and winning enough to take the heat off his own arse. I mean it, never mind anything else I've said. Forget about the title of this post and just answer that with a strait face. Seeing how you asked for just one... Green Bay Packers. The owners are the fans. That would also be my idea of the best sports team owner. And no I am not implying anything. I don't agree with everything 2003 says, but I am agreeing with him on this one. You appear to be proud to be a Wayne apologist. You are definetly in the wrong forum for that to be taken seriously.
  25. Don't shoot us for supporting the him. I am judging the kid on his actions rather than his words. He has been involved recently in almost everything the Marlins have been doing and I must acknowledge that. He's messed up in the past. No doubt. But I am judging him based on what he is doing rather than what he is saying. And this is strictly off the field stuff I'm talking about. On the field and all the talk about wanting to be the staff ace is a different issue. I'm sure he's not the only one who wants to be the staff ace. Heck Scotty, get in line. I'm sure Mitre or Johnson or you pick a Marlin pitcher and I'm sure he's thinking the same thing. Difference is, Scotty is putting it out there so that people know his intentions. As to whether he can be it, I doubt it. Nevertheless, props to Scotty for everything he's doing off the field. Go Marlins!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.