Everything posted by Henry Jones
-
Marlins ranking on MLB the show 2010
Important note before you take your PS3 for a spin: http://www.telegraph...-thousands.html This is some nasty stuff. Mine hasn't been online for awhile (For some reason, my wireless doesn't like it), so I don't exactly how bad this is, but the glitch sounds bad.
-
Marlins ranking on MLB the show 2010
This is going to bother me when I'm developing my pitcher and I'll have no control of the results of 4 out of 5 of the games and they'll probably lose three of the simmed games (Unless they changed it from the past ones-the last time I played The Show was '06-where they sim through the games you don't play in). Hey, I like pitching better than batting, and I don't have time for a fully involved franchise with baseball, unless it's MLB Power Pros where the games go by fast, and they don't release those here anymore.
-
New Marlins Slogan?
Well, I direct newscasts, and let's see, what were our top stories....... Possible gang-related shooting, hostage situation (Keep in mind this is central Nebraska, not even Lincoln or Omaha), Haiti, possible $200 million shortfall in the state budget.......... Yeah, really happy stuff.
-
New Marlins Slogan?
I work at a TV station and whenever I see a bad, unimaginative national ad, I remind everyone in the production booth that whoever came up with that makes more money than everyone in the room combined. This feels like one of those moments.
-
Marlins change road uniforms
I wonder if this is good or bad for me. I've been trying to get a road jersey online and I'm not rich enough for the authentics and I can never seem to find replica road jerseys worth a damn (And I'm apparently not surfing ebay at the right times). I wonder if I should just wait and stick with my home Willis jersey for a couple years more when they unleash the Miami ones.
-
Jorge Jimenez
Does anybody really care? .....Sorry, I'll go back to lurking now. No, please stay. You'll fit right in. Well, I don't have much to add, honestly. I'm not much of a stat cruncher, I only get to see about three games a year (Whatever gets on WGN and the one nationally televised game. The one thing the Cubs are good for), and the main Marlin fandom feels almost like an alternate universe to me.
-
Jorge Jimenez
Does anybody really care? .....Sorry, I'll go back to lurking now.
-
Out of State Fans
Davenport, Iowa! Located on the Mississippi River in Eastern Iowa. For those looking on a map its where the Mississippi runs east to west. A city of close to 100,000 people... part of the Quad Cities (Bettendorf and Davenport, Iowa - Moline and Rock Island, Illinois). Total population of about 400,000. Have been a fan since '95 when the Hawk joined the team. Haven't looked back since. Have never met another Marlins fan in my life here. The ratio of fans here is probably 70% Cubs, 20% Cards, 10% White Sox. Was in a bar loaded with Cubs fans during the Bartman game... most restrained jubilation of my life. So awesome that was. When I went to Iowa State, I was the roommate with a Cubs fan during the infamous Fall of 2003. The afternoon before Game 6, I told him there was going to be a Buckner-like play during the game. He went to a party with his Cubs friends, so I didn't catch him until it was over for a couple hours. Me: Buckner Him: f*** you Me: Fair enough. We weren't roommates the next semester. It was more than just a Marlins/Cubs fan thing, though. It didn't help it, however.
-
Out of State Fans
I'm from Kearney, Nebraska, and I'm pretty sure there's me and this 60-something year-old guy and that's it for Marlins fans. Most of the baseball fans we have around here are usually regional (KC or Colorado), or are fans of teams that were on TV a crapton when they were kids (Yankees, Cubs, Braves, etc.).
-
7/26 Post Game
As one of the few Marlins games I can actually watch on TV (Three days in a row and it's not even my birthday!) I was a little disappointed in the dour offensive effort outside of Hermida and Cantu, but I can't compalin about the results. Solid pitching and locking in at least two road wins on a possible division champion with an inhuman home record snuffs out the disappointment in the lack of offensive fireworks.
-
Marlins Least Likely to Win NL East
It's a good thing popularity contests don't decide these things.
-
Marlins @ Dodgers 7/10 10:10 PM
Yes! Go JJ! Good to have you back!
-
Caption This
"Now what was the name of that temp agency again?"
-
Who's your All-Time favorite Marlin?
I've liked Dontrelle Willis since I first heard about him (I couldn't exactly watch him out here except for five-second ESPN highlights and when they played the Braves/Cubs). Lefty, funky delivery, infectiously cheerful personality, one of the few people who can take the "turn the ballcap to the side" look and make it work. When I could watch him play, I always enjoyed it, win or lose.
-
How long have you been a Marlins fan.
Since around 1993. I didn't really have a team, since Nebraska doesn't have any pro sports, and while my dad took me to a few Royal games and I liked George Brett, they weren't quite it. Then the Marlins came along and i said, "That's it. That's my favorite team." And the Midwesterners around me have been bewildered ever since.
-
Cameron Maybin K's
Maybe Cameron needs to pray to Jobu? Well, there's already Mark "Wild Thing" Hendrickson, so why not?
-
Let's get it on!!!
I'm hella pumped for this game today and this season. All you naysayers and pessimists can go to hell. I checked the standings today and we are tied for first place so let's get this sh*t on. You COULDN'T have seen us tied for first in today's standings. Technically, we're tied for second and .5 games behind the Nationals. But I agree with the sentiment. Let's rock!
-
Willis
:lol My stomach hurts from laughing too hard! This thread wins.
-
Fish @ Brew Crew 8:05 Eastern
EYE OF THE MARLIN! EYE OF THE MARLIN! Hi, by the way.