Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henry Jones

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Henry Jones

  1. A lucky win with the first game of the series exchanged with a tough loss at the end. We're still doing very well, and if Coughlin's difficulties are minor, nothing really to worry about. It's still early, but I get the feeling we'll have MUCH less of these than we had last year.
  2. I dunno but I play MLB 10 the show and every year in my franchise Hanley regresses and basically becomes average within five years sooo who knows. Go with the stance... Sounds safe Bonifacio is also still a starter in 2020 on that game (I play pitcher, so the seasons go by faster).
  3. Is Hanley's hairline regressing too? Should we be worried? With all that crazy hair dye from last year, I'm not surprised.
  4. Is it me or does one-hitting the Rockies sound like innuendo? Anyway, great work, Anibal and any win against a team with the best record in baseball is a good one to have!
  5. To be competitive with the Phillies on the road with the worst of our rotation (Well, it was set to be be the worst until the rainout, but you know what I mean), and almost pull out getting two wins with stuggling hitters. Something needs to be done with Infante in the lineup, but all things considered, it's a small adjustment and while we're not right where we want to be, we're in a good place to be right now.
  6. Figured it was going to be one of those nights.....
  7. I'll admit his reaction was a little soccer-esque, but you gotta' admit that's gotta' sting at least a little.
  8. What, no Ugueth Urbina for bullpen? Sheesh, you chase around your plantation workers with a machete, cover them in gasoline, and set them on fire for ONE offseason, and suddenly, an organization decides it's not a good thing to associate with you....
  9. Well, Ryan Webb can't have infinite ERA forever, so that should improve one way or another.....
  10. Did Rachel Phelps assume ownership?
  11. "In a Big Country" by Big Country has been stuck in my head for two weeks straight. I'm thankful because it took up the space where a certain insidious viral video last week could've gone.
  12. Oh good. Since the Marlins are actually winning Spring Training games, I thought we wouldn't have anything to overreact to today.....
  13. I like that today, where-unlike the past week-we had a very good game by our starter and just lost because one person in our bullpen stumbled a bit in a situation where he probably wouldn't have stayed in, is the LAST STRAW! Sure, there's that "not covering home" thing, but that's a Spring Training mistake. Sure, I'm as worried as anyone else seeing some of our other starters get squashed and undermined by little mistakes before they can even get going and have to say "It's just Spring Training," but I think here with the recent cuts, we're starting to get closer to the team we're going to have, and it was a very competitive game against a seemingly good Tampa Bay for the time when the starters were out (And that's while we're missing the Chuck Norris of the MLB on top of everything). How THIS game is the one where people are MAD AS HELL AND THEY CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE is beyond me.
  14. Maybe that's for Spring Training since their ST jerseys are black with a smidge of white and the teal barely registers.
  15. I just tuned in to see Scott Cousins drop a fly ball. Oy. It's been like this the first three innings, I imagine.
  16. It's a team called the Marlins. They have teal in their color scheme. Any attempts to inspire metal using such a team is a fruitless and foolish endeavor, and this is evidence of that. If you cannot imagine Cannibal Corpse using such a word in their song, then it should not be done. I'm not saying we should be squareheads and call up the B-52s to try to work something out, but this..... no. Better than Stapp, but no. No no..... The B-52's are awesome. Eh, crap, that's one of my digs at myself that doesn't translate well to strangers on the Internet. I have a lot of odd tastes including the B-52s that makes people give me weird stares. I seriously have been to more classical concerts than rock concerts, mainly because I live in the part of the Midwest where we never got the bands I liked to perform. Would it have killed Garbage to make a stop in Omaha?!
  17. It's a team called the Marlins. They have teal in their color scheme. Any attempts to inspire metal using such a team is a fruitless and foolish endeavor, and this is evidence of that. If you cannot imagine Cannibal Corpse using such a word in their song, then it should not be done. I'm not saying we should be squareheads and call up the B-52s to try to work something out, but this..... no. Better than Stapp, but no. No no.....
  18. If anything, I'd be more worried about the starting pitching. That seems to be the biggest problem over the last couple of games. Of course, spring is a bad indicator anyway. Yeah, I work nights, and it sucks to wake up at noon (Central) and find the starting pitching are the ones giving up 4 runs in their limited work. But yeah, it is Spring (And EARLY Spring at that), so me and everyone just need to step back and take a deep breath.
  19. Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. Lo I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then. What's the point of writing an article of what ifs? We all know the Marlins are screwed if Stanton misses significant time. Its just bad journalism, but at least you admitted its a fluff piece. The only reason I care is because for some reason this appears on the front page of the site, and it doesnt make the site look very good. Im trying to understand why you are so offended by this article. Is your stanton crush so severe that you cant read about your baby possibly injured? I mean....wow you seem really pissed. I think it's a case of giving fodder for doomsayers and people who hit the panic button incredibly easily. I mean, they're annoying after 20 games, but throwing out theoretical possibilities of dealing without Stanton after the FIRST GAME OF SPRING TRAINING? It's just begging for very very irritating screeching from very very irritating people.
  20. I got an exceptionally low number like 40 or something because I tried it at 4:00 a.m., stupid me. I didn't even realize we'd had
  21. Any reason to get an update this year and just not skip all baseball games in order to wait until the new stadium is in The Show in all its rendered glory? I really don't like spending $60 on a very similar game with updated rosters.
  22. I always convince myself eating those will be okay this time and not make my stomach hate me, and every time, I'm wrong. It's like Midwestern White Castle.
  23. Heh, I used to party with a bunch of people from East Pennsylvania all the time when I lived in New Jersey, so I don't have much against the people who live there, but this article sounds like the people on the Internet who have to post 20 times about "I REALLY don't care about this or you, but...." If we're really so worthless and not worth mentioning, then don't mention us.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.