Is Hanley regressing as a player?

Eddie Altamonte

I know we go back and forth with Hanley...Maybe he should bring back the shades! I am concerned not over his slow start or decrease in power output but he actually showing a drop baseball IQ wise. His concentration is not there he just makes too many boneheaded mistakes something is just not clicking with him. I know when a player is in a slump things starts snowballing but with Ramirez it is starting to be embarassing

I don't think it's embarrassing, hes just not playing well.

If there is anyone on the team who should get the benefit of the doubt it's him. He has a good track record.

I do worry though. We've heard he looked up to Manny in Bos and pretty much just got bored in the minors and goofed off. I also think Hanley could benefit from a more in your face type of manager.

I don't think it's embarrassing, hes just not playing well.

If there is anyone on the team who should get the benefit of the doubt it's him. He has a good track record.

I do worry though. We've heard he looked up to Manny in Bos and pretty much just got bored in the minors and goofed off. I also think Hanley could benefit from a more in your face type of manager.

The manager thing is my biggest concern. He knows he can go over the mangers head and talk to Loria. I do not envy any manager that's going to have to deal with this situation.

Coming in to camp at 240 was inexcusable. He should have been fined.

As soon as Hanley said he was bringing his A game/and focus this year, a red flag went up in my head.

Funny, the same thing happened to me... I think its still early, and he did struggle in the opening of last season as well, but he needs to start hitting!!!!

It seems like Hanley always starts out a little slow. I'm not really worried about the offense. It's going to come. It's the defense that I worried about in spring training. I think he's been playing better defense and/or hustling. I don't know about that superstar status though.....to be continued.

He's definetly not playing to his ability, is he regressing? hard to say. He does have a tendency to make glarring mistakes or show an ability to just shut it down as a player. The best thing they can do for him as an organization, is pull him from the line-up, that or take him out of the 3 hole until he shows he deserves to be there.

Teams that have a lazy and inattentive star never win anything.

You're a troll and you're stupid.

Or, you're too lazy and inattentive to remember the 2004 and 2007 Red Sox.

Manny was not the only high level veteran on those teams nor was he the leader.

Hanley has been proclaimed to be the Marlin's best player and their on the field leader.

He is now neither.

Very tradeable and for good, hard working, attentive and caring players. Hanley has only one of the four attributes.

Teams that have a lazy and inattentive star never win anything.

You're a troll and you're stupid.

Or, you're too lazy and inattentive to remember the 2004 and 2007 Red Sox.

Manny was not the only high level veteran on those teams nor was he the leader.

Hanley has been proclaimed to be the Marlin's best player and their on the field leader.

He is now neither.

Very tradeable and for good, hard working, attentive and caring players. Hanley has only one of the four attributes.

I have 3/4 so am I better than hanley now?

No, you cannot play in the Major Leagues while living with your parents.