4/27 Post Game

gizmo

It goes back to that terribly stupid AB by Cousins. 1 out, man on 2 and 3 and you start swinging at everything? I think it was pretty obvious to everyone in that ballpark that they were going to pitch around him and set up a DP. He didn't get a single strike that whole AB

i would rather lose by 7 then do that. we blew that f***ing game royally and when you do that it seems like the same script every damn time.

We have like 10 comeback wins, and I think we're now like 6-2 in one-run games. Not as if we've been blowing games left and right.

Also, today kinda sucked in the sense that we were shorthanded before the game began. Anibal was on a pitch limit.

And before anyone criticizes Edwin's usage of the pen, please note that the game would've been over way before the 10th had he not made the moves he made. His only bad move was the double switch; that made no sense, and it just so happened to be Cousins striking out in the 9th.

i would rather lose by 7 then do that. we blew that f***ing game royally and when you do that it seems like the same script every damn time.

We have like 10 comeback wins, and I think we're now like 6-2 in one-run games. Not as if we've been blowing games left and right.

Also, today kinda sucked in the sense that we were shorthanded before the game began. Anibal was on a pitch limit.

And before anyone criticizes Edwin's usage of the pen, please note that the game would've been over way before the 10th had he not made the moves he made. His only bad move was the double switch; that made no sense, and it just so happened to be Cousins striking out in the 9th.

I would have preferred for him to leave Dunn out there for another inning, but it's marginal because Dunn did throw 21 pitches, even though it doesn't seem like they were "high-stress."

I would have preferred for him to leave Dunn out there for another inning, but it's marginal because Dunn did throw 21 pitches, even though it doesn't seem like they were "high-stress."

Well, there was a runner in scoring position, thanks to the fact that the umpire didn't call strike 3 on Kemp; Dunn actually should've had 4 K's in that inning. 21 pitches is a lot.

If anything, he should've thrown Mujica another inning, but Leo is the closer and did a good job anyway, so it's not like that really cost us the game.

The double switch, however, still makes no sense; I have no idea why he took out Coghlan, who's probably our hottest hitter, right now.