Everything posted by Henry Jones
-
6/23 U2 @ Marlins; Marlins @ Mariners
I'm kind of here, but I've been on the phone for most of the game. This game is oddly like two teams looking in the mirror, and it's more than just color schemes.
-
The Dog Days of Summer
I'll keep it up for one more game and if it's a loss, it's gone. I've done 2 whole minutes of work finding the matching sig pic and I'm not giving up on it at the drop of a hat.
- 6/21 Post Game
-
6/21 Angels @ Marlins
Migraine headache is starting to go away, Marlins up 2-0. Being very very VERY cautiously optimistic....
-
6/21 Angels @ Marlins
You know, why not? SOMETHING'S gotta' work sometime.......
-
6/20 - Los Angeles Angels @ Florida Marlins
Wait a minute, an error that goes in OUR favor? Weird.....
-
6/15 Postgame
Right now, we are the dead.....
-
6/14 - Marlins @ Phillies - 7:05
8:20 set as the start time.
-
6/7 Post Game
Lesson: Never go on vacation. EVER.
-
When will the Marlins get free game of the day on MLB.tv?
Just a quick bump to say tonight's game against Arizona is the MLB.com free game of the day.
-
5/28 Post Game
To be honest if the dodgers are charging 5 times as we are for dogs and drawing 1/3 the number of dogs, they still come out ahead on revenue and thus profits... Except the marlins make nothing for concession stand sales. So anyway you put it youre right. Um, he wasn't talking about hot dogs.....
-
5/24 Post Game
A save is credited to a pitcher who fulfills the following three conditions: 1. The pitcher is the last pitcher in a game won by his team; 2. The pitcher is not the winning pitcher; 3. The pitcher fulfills at least one of the following three conditions: a. He comes into the game with a lead of no more than three runs, and pitches at least one full inning. b. He comes into the game with the potential tying run being either on base, at bat, or on deck. c. He pitches effectively for at least 3 innings after entering the game with a lead. That second one is what gets Leo the save. You can record the save with a 1-pitch flyout if the situation is right. Hell, there can be a zero pitch save recorded (runner picked off). Whats the official definition of effective? And knowing is half the battle...YO JOE!!!! You're showing your age there sir.:lol I pity the fool that makes fun of my age YOU HAVE THE POWEEEEEEER!
-
Buente DFA, Cishek recalled
So are the Rays like the Borg and assimilate the people they defeat? .......Yeah, I know. I'm a dork just for thinking about this....
-
Marlins @ Giants. 5/24/11 10:15PM EST.
Yay, I'll have something to watch when I get off work and have supper besides diving into my Netflix instant queue! Netflix is amazing! It is, but a break from storming through Twin Peaks before sleep won't hurt. Weird dreams.....
-
Gaby Sanchez in a MLB commercial
Gaby could be all yours for $6,738.75 Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one who did this. I was going to, but then I saw the post and saved the effort.
-
Marlins @ Giants. 5/24/11 10:15PM EST.
Yay, I'll have something to watch when I get off work and have supper besides diving into my Netflix instant queue!
- 2011 Citrus Series
-
5/16 - Marlins @ Mets - 7:05 PM ET
Not a race, guys.
-
5/15 Post Game
Opposing teams need to get an audience track for a sitcom for when Javy pitches. Canned applause when he comes out to pitch. Laugh track when f***s something up. An "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" when he just MIGHT get an out. It's almost gotten to that point of ridiculousness, and I fully admit to be one of the bigger supporters when they got him.
-
Your League Leader in Saves...
It'd be funny if Nunez broke into a Rorschach from Watchmen monologue one of these days.... "The accumulated filth of all their hating and trade demands will foam up about their waists and all the Internet posters and recliner managers will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll whisper 'no.'"
- Post Game 5/13
-
5/10 post game
The Phillies kind of pulled an "us" from last year with a fielding error leading to a loss to their starter at the top of his game, but I'll take it. Hopefully, with a little bit of luck, we can eek out a win tomorrow.
-
5/8 Post Game
Well, we have Vazquez against (likely) Blanton, so the odds aren't that stacked against us. It's not the end of the world if we can't get a series win, but what the team needs right now is a statement that we're here to stay this season, and if we get two wins, if Hanley can find his way out of his slump with an exclamation point or something happens on that level, it should be a boost that puts the Marlins a few notches above the teams of recent years that hang around in April long enough to get the "ARE THE MARLINS FOR REAL?!" ESPN stories and then kind of fade away. Not that some of them were bad, but they lacked certain pushes to get them over the top. A series win here would definitely be a good push.
-
May 6, 2011 ~ 7:10pm ~ Marlins vs Nationals
Juan es muy guapo. ¿Hola, señor? ¿Una problema? Mi casa su casa........
-
Concept logo for 2012
It almost looks like they got people behind that My Little Pony reboot to make a logo. So, yeah..... NO.