Your League Leader in Saves...

He's on pace for 88 appearances!

How 'bout some blowout wins???

I just saw something about that on MLBN (I think). Alot of closers are putting up those kind of numbers this year. We already know Leo tires towards the end of the season, so this is something that may/will need some attention down the road.

Then on the other hand....What are ya gonna do right now? He's being put in to do his job, just like the other closers that are putting up those similar numbers. Gotta get the wins when you can. Plan ahead and hope things work out. Plus it's not like you can predict that he will actually get 88 appearances just because he is on pace to do it. It's the start of the season and teams will soon settle into what they really are. I mean, Hanley's on pace to get about 10 dingers on the season right now. I doubt that happens either.

It was some interesting info. Means absolutely nothing because they didn't give all the facts. Would have been better if they showed what those closers were on pace for in previous seasons on May 13th and what they ended up with each season. A little perspective instead of mountain/mole hill remarks.

It'd be funny if Nunez broke into a Rorschach from Watchmen monologue one of these days....

"The accumulated filth of all their hating and trade demands will foam up about their waists and all the Internet posters and recliner managers will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll whisper 'no.'"

By that time, Leo Nunez is going to be dead tired anyhow. He's a max effort pitcher and he's not going to last an entire season.

Another reason why I would be for using him only in save situations, unless he's truly needed.

So it's better to use him with a 3-run lead than in a tied game...............:confused

By that time, Leo Nunez is going to be dead tired anyhow. He's a max effort pitcher and he's not going to last an entire season.

Another reason why I would be for using him only in save situations, unless he's truly needed.

So it's better to use him with a 3-run lead than in a tied game...............:confused

It's better to use him efficiently and not use him every game? Tie game or not, we have a pitcher for saving games and we have several pitchers for holding games.

It's better to use him efficiently and not use him every game? Tie game or not, we have a pitcher for saving games and we have several pitchers for holding games.

Anyone can get a "save" with a 3-run lead in the 9th.

I'd like to see our highest paid reliever in franchise history pitch in the more important situations.

Tie game = more important than coming in to "save" a 3-run lead.

Anyone can get a "save" with a 3-run lead in the 9th.

I'd like to see our highest paid reliever in franchise history pitch in the more important situations.

Tie game = more important than coming in to "save" a 3-run lead.

Where is this 3-run lead coming from? I mean, unless you're speaking hypothetically. In which case, it's still filling in your role.

Give it up already about the money for god sakes. It's the middle of the season, how much money he's making is hardly relevant. Blame the FO if you don't like his paycheck. Point is he's the closer, and just because he's making a high percentage of the payroll doesn't mean he's expected more. He's expected exactly what you expect out of your closer. that doesn't mean you overuse him because you're overpaying him. That logic is moronic.