Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/28 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins win 6-1 on a night with no (real) starting pitcher.

 

W: Mujica (5-2)

L: Kuroda (5-5)

 

2B: G Sanchez 2 (13); W Helms (4); G Dobbs (9); C Coghlan (16)

Can we do a "all of the above" on this one? This is what I call a patchwork win

30 - 20 !!!!!!

 

Road Warriors win another one!!!

 

Mikey needs to start putting the bat on the ball with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs...

Marlins 2011 record through 50 games...30-20.

 

I voted for Brian Sanches. 3 innings and only 1 run allowed. Bullpen did their part, offense..you know the story, as a 6-1 win.

So glad the reliever idea worked, hope Edwin is the Marlins manager long term, I really enjoy what he has done.

 

Cogs,Gabs,Dobbs all had good nights.

 

Hanley still meh but I suppose an infield hit is nice.

 

Lets get another road series win tomorrow.

 

NL East isn't moving, going to be like this all year.

  • Author

So glad the reliever idea worked, hope Edwin is the Marlins manager long term, I really enjoy what he has done.

 

Cogs,Gabs,Dobbs all had good nights.

 

Hanley still meh but I suppose an infield hit is nice.

 

Lets get another road series win tomorrow.

 

NL East isn't moving, going to be like this all year.

 

 

Seriously. Head to head match ups are going to be so key this season

Is Dobbs ever going to fall back down to Earth?

 

 

Lets hope not...I doubt Loria wants to spend $$$ on a 3B. Esp knowing the team is 30-20 WITH Hanley hitting like .210. He knows once Hanley is awake...yeah, liekly playoffs.

I hope the Phillies start to get a tougher sschedule, I wonder if ours has been tougher so far. Need to be damn close to the ph*cking Phillies when that 4 game series hits in a few weeks

I hope the Phillies start to get a tougher sschedule, I wonder if ours has been tougher so far. Need to be damn close to the ph*cking Phillies when that 4 game series hits in a few weeks

 

 

Our schedule is substantially harder from here to the ASG than the Phillies'.

20-40 is a real possibility, guys.

 

 

Huh? Whats that even mean?

 

Anyways... can I nominate a nickname that hit me in the 9th inning of this game... Steve "That's What" Cishek?

20-40 is a real possibility, guys.

 

 

Huh? Whats that even mean?

 

Anyways... can I nominate a nickname that hit me in the 9th inning of this game... Steve "That's What" Cishek?

 

Some poster, I forgot who, said 20-40 is a real possibility based off our ST performance.

20-40 is a real possibility, guys.

 

 

Huh? Whats that even mean?

 

Anyways... can I nominate a nickname that hit me in the 9th inning of this game... Steve "That's What" Cishek?

 

Some poster, I forgot who, said 20-40 is a real possibility based off our ST performance.

 

Ahh gotcha... I love proving people wrong in the positive sense.

According to the LA Times, the fire wasn't "in some concession food warehouse somewhere out in the parking lot," as Rich and Tommy were led to believe and said on-air about 22 times, it was IN the stadium:

 

Smoke drifted through the reserve level and curled down to the loge level.

 

From a truck parked in an adjacent parking lot, fire fighters scaled a ladder and climbed into the top deck of the ballpark. Fans had to be relocated. A police helicopter circled nearby airspace.

 

There was a fire in Dodger Stadium.

 

[snip]

 

The fire originated in a small warehouse on the reserve level, according to Dodgers spokesman Joe Jareck. Fire officials said a small fire of paper products was put out in 20 minutes. No injuries were reported.

 

[snip]

 

http://www.latimes.c...0,6522475.story

 

20 minutes.

 

:lol

 

In the same article it's noted that the Dodgers charge $30 to bring your dog to "Bark in the Park."

 

The Marlins charge $6. It's ridiculous that there is ANY charge at all when that's the whole purpose and the entire idea of the promotion, but, OK, maybe some fans/dogs leave a mess that causes extra costs. But, 30 bucks? For a dog? C'mon.

 

Dogs work hard for their money and they obviously couldn't afford it. Only 580 dogs showed up. Pitiful. We attract about 3 times as many. Our dogs go for a good deal. Their dogs spurn a bad deal. Dogs (and their owners) are obviously sensitive to market forces. LA could learn something from that, but probably won't.

 

The whole thing is just another sad chapter in the story of LA and the Dodger's franchise. You could say it's going to the dogs, but they don't want it.

 

First, you fold like a cheap lawn chair down the stretch last year.

 

Then, your manager splits.

 

Meanwhile, you've failed to lock-up guys like Ethier.

 

Then, your owner and his wife split up in a exceedingly nasty divorce.

 

Then, some of your local gang "fans" beat the crap out of a visiting SF fan which will wind up costing you $10 or 20 million in damages.

 

Then, you find that your soon-no-longer-to-be "owner" is essentially insolvent and you miss a payroll and MLB takes over the day-to-day operation of your franchise.

 

What else could possibly go wrong?

 

A fire in the stadium?

 

:lol

Just found this funny but according to the Dodgers announcer Gary Sheffield was a rookie back in 1995.

 

He was talking about how Stanton's first major league homer was a grandslam and how he was the 2nd marlin rookie to do so and that Gary Sheffield was the first back in 1995 as a rookie.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.