Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henry Jones

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Henry Jones

  1. Holy Crap. My students call me Mr. B, too... Yeah and part of me cant stand it. Number 1, I consider it laziness cuz they refuse to say my whole last name, and secondly, I don't like it cause when most of them say it I sound like a creepy neighbor on a sitcom from the 70's. Like I'm the mailman or some other loser that shows up every few episodes for a cheap laugh. Lol, "How ya doin Mr. B?" There's another reason you shouldn't like being called Mr. B..... Warning: Cannot be unseen.
  2. Wow, I never thought I'd see another reference to Castleton after the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode "Time Chasers."
  3. Cantu may be forty two years old. The birth certificates of US citizens born in the United States are generally pretty reliable. Please, I've seen one of a Kenyan that was supposedly born in Hawaii. Are you saying you think his is fake? That it could be fake? Or that you have no confidence in MLB checking on these things now and in Cantu's honesty? Personally I have no reason to doubt he is what he says he is. This falls along the lines of another discussion with someone else. Show me where he has been dishonest in the past. Once again, people on the Internet fail to pick up on a joke if there's not 20 emoticons behind it or something.
  4. Looks like Cody's sense of humor goes over as well as my dry sense of humor.
  5. If BC doesn't make the big league team, he'll get to play for the newly named "Omaha Storm Chasers". Better than the Golden Spikes, at least (Anybody outside of North Platte, Nebraska or train afficionados even know what a Golden Spike is?). But does this mean they're going after our local USHL hockey team, the Tri-City Storm? If so, I think they've got the wrong priorities.....
  6. Anybody in the California penal league we can pick up?
  7. I'm still in on this season....... barely. However, every time I've spewed optimism, things have gone horribly wrong afterwards, so I'm keeping it low key and seeing how that works (I'm mildy superstitious even if I know it's nonsense).
  8. Is snow between your toes like sand but just really cold? I never saw snow having been born and raised and er for some reason trapped in FL all my life I always wanted to see snow though. And ouch, I'll be quite honest with ya..I don't have a clue what a meniscus is (but for some reason, I found it funny to say "no not my meniscus!") other than the fact it's in the knee obviously. But obviously that must've been painful :confused I always found it odd how many athletes end up being injured (such as Ricky tying his shoes). All the crazy things I've done or happened to me and I have yet to break anything heh and believe me, I'm far from athletic No, snow between your toes first stings you with its coldness, melts, and makes your toes feel numb. Not pleasant, especially when wearing a bunch of crap that's supposed to prevent it. Seeing snow is nice. Being in it is not so much. But then again, I'm a bitter Nebraskan who used to work on a 4:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. shift where I'd have to drive on a highway before the snow plows got to them. Yeah, I had to throw the concept of traction out the window a few times.....
  9. In the back of my mind, I knew this season was pretty much done, but it didn't really register with the fan in me until all the stuff that happened this week. I know I know, looking at the Ross' numbers, he isn't that great, but he could definitely do some damage at the right time (He's had a problem doing that recently, but so have most of the Marlins when the offense goes on one of their funks). To give a fan favorite up for nothing seems a little...... depressing is the only word I can find. Then again, aside from the whole Barry Bonds thing, I can't dislike the Giants. I'm a very distant relative to former Giants pitcher Scott Garrelts, and I remember the run to the Bay series fondly (The Bay series itself..... not so much).
  10. My sig pic hangs in the balance......
  11. UGGLA SMASH PUNY STRASBURG!
  12. I've probably said this 3 or 4 times, but when I was a kid, I didn't really had a team. Then I saw some of the promotional material for the Marlins, pointed, and said, "That's my team." SImple as that. I've been a Midwestern defender of the Teal ever since, much to everyone else's bewilderment.
  13. Anibal pitches a one-hitter to leave Leo Nuñez dancing to Tom Jones in the dugout. That makes my day.
  14. The only question is whether the MLB.Tv app is available in European PS 3s. What apps are available vary from region to region. It's worth checking into if you don't have a PS 3 yet.
  15. This is my first year with it and the PS 3 thing sealed the deal. Watching the game right now on my....... uh, reasonably-sized screen. My Internet connection's not the best, but it does the job and I'm enjoying it. Very few problems over here.
  16. don't worry...you'll be THE Marlins fan in Nebraska in a few months when I move back home or somewhere else! Not if I get a job in Kansas City. Then the job gets passed on to some 60-something guy I once saw in a Marlins cap in Lincoln or Omaha or something. I'm sure he only has it because he has a timeshare or something.
  17. Hi. I can't say I'm THE Marlins fan of Nebraska because there's someone else even on these boards, but I'm fighting the good fight around here. In fact, I had to defend them just tonight from someone saying the Cubs vs. the Red Sox would've been one of the greatest World Series while the Marlins vs. the Yankees was one of the worst. Yeah, a misfit team of young guys with heart and a low payroll down the Leviathan of the MLB. Yeah, no good things come from that story. Hoosiers, Major League..... what crap, ya' know?
  18. Me thinks more taking care of business and not having it come down to the last at bat would solve the problem than banning the celebrations when they do.
  19. Mets And Royals Discussing Francoeur, OthersBy Zach Links [July 25 at 6:36pm CST]The Mets are in talks with the Royals and three names from each side are "in play", tweetsKen Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Those Royals players are Gil Meche, Kyle Farnsworth, andJose Guillen while the Mets being discussed are Oliver Perez, Luis Castillo, and Jeff Francoeur. It is unclear how advanced the talks are, cautions Rosenthal (via Twitter). While the two sides aren't necessarily looking at a three-for-three swap, tweets Rosenthal, the two biggest contracts do match up well. Meche and Perez's contracts are identical over the next two seasons, with both pitchers earning $12MM in this year and next. Francoeur and Farnsworth also match up well, says Rosenthal (via Twitter). Farnsworth's contract has a club option for 2011 for $5.25MM, though he has the right to void it in favor of a $500K buyout if he is traded before the 2010 World Series. Francoeur will make $5MM this season before entering his final year of arbitration-eligibility. Throwing Luis Castillo in there reminds me of the joke Mets organizational flow chart: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/272604/flowchart1.png
  20. I suddenly have "I Gotta Believe!" from Parappa the Rappa stuck in my head. We got a little lucky in getting Nate McCrappy up in the top of the 11th with the bases loaded, but I'll take the hell out of it.The homestand's been a good start for some momentum (Saturday excluded) and here's hoping it leads to good results the next four series against some tough teams (Yeah, the Phillies are broken right now, but they can still be dangerous).
  21. MLB.TV is not loading right now. Anybody else having this problem? Too many Yankees fans trying to tune in to see if A-Rod can hit 600, perhaps?
  22. When I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
  23. Yeah, I'm only able to occasionally look in on the game due to severe weather advisories I have to cover, and what do I see? The almost home run. I think I'll stick with the tornados for the rest of the night....
  24. I remember they had one game on ESPN late in the year last season, and that was more seeing if the Phillies could wrap up the division more than anything else. Too bad I'm going to be stuck at work and while work has cable (It'd be weird if a TV station didn't), asking fellow employees to turn on a Marlins game in the middle of Nebraska is like asking a room full of Manchester United fans if they'd like to go see the new Twilight movie.
  25. The bullpen puts the nauseum in ad nauseum, but a win is a win is a win.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.