February 28, 201115 yr Nice article. We had better get him back with no sophomore slump or we are in for a disasterous season. That would be Loria's biggest nightmare, a 100 or 90 loss season because of slumps to his young players. You cannot go into that new stadium like that. If that were to happen I think he might want to spend more than he should to get better real quick to justify the stadium, and that could mean some of the young core could go in hasty trades. C'mon Mikey get well soon ! I am looking forward to you being at the HR Derby and showing off in front of everyone !
March 1, 201115 yr Wow, jump the gun much? No offense, but it seems pretty amateurish to write an article like this before we know the extent of the injury.
March 1, 201115 yr Author Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then.
March 1, 201115 yr I actually think you write pretty well. That said, I didn't read this article because, as of now, it seems to be about a situation that is too theoretical for me to find entertaining.
March 2, 201115 yr Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then. What's the point of writing an article of what ifs? We all know the Marlins are screwed if Stanton misses significant time. Its just bad journalism, but at least you admitted its a fluff piece. The only reason I care is because for some reason this appears on the front page of the site, and it doesnt make the site look very good.
March 2, 201115 yr Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. Lo I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then. What's the point of writing an article of what ifs? We all know the Marlins are screwed if Stanton misses significant time. Its just bad journalism, but at least you admitted its a fluff piece. The only reason I care is because for some reason this appears on the front page of the site, and it doesnt make the site look very good. Im trying to understand why you are so offended by this article. Is your stanton crush so severe that you cant read about your baby possibly injured? I mean....wow you seem really pissed. I think it's a case of giving fodder for doomsayers and people who hit the panic button incredibly easily. I mean, they're annoying after 20 games, but throwing out theoretical possibilities of dealing without Stanton after the FIRST GAME OF SPRING TRAINING? It's just begging for very very irritating screeching from very very irritating people.
March 2, 201115 yr Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then. What's the point of writing an article of what ifs? We all know the Marlins are screwed if Stanton misses significant time. Its just bad journalism, but at least you admitted its a fluff piece. The only reason I care is because for some reason this appears on the front page of the site, and it doesnt make the site look very good. Why not just do what any sane person would do? If the title of the article dosen't interest you, don't read it.
March 2, 201115 yr Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then. What's the point of writing an article of what ifs? We all know the Marlins are screwed if Stanton misses significant time. Its just bad journalism, but at least you admitted its a fluff piece. The only reason I care is because for some reason this appears on the front page of the site, and it doesnt make the site look very good. Become a VIP, and then maybe you can begin to start harboring this opinion. And even then, it's better put in a PM.
March 2, 201115 yr He didn't say the writing was amateur-ish, just the reason behind it. Probably a little house-on-fire, sure, but hey it's the offseason, it's all we gots.
March 2, 201115 yr FWIW, I do think it's a bit silly to discuss "worst case scenarios" in such a case when you could have simply waited a day or two to get the facts. Jumping the gun too early like that makes it difficult to produce insightful commentary. This isn't a slam, but meant to be constructive. I think it's great that Admin is working on the front page of the site. It would be awesome to see some [intelligent] SABR/stat pieces. I'd be more inclined to read those types of articles.
March 2, 201115 yr The potential impact? The true potential impact is that nobody on MarlinsBaseball.com accurately predicts opening day rosters.
March 2, 201115 yr Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then. What's the point of writing an article of what ifs? We all know the Marlins are screwed if Stanton misses significant time. Its just bad journalism, but at least you admitted its a fluff piece. The only reason I care is because for some reason this appears on the front page of the site, and it doesnt make the site look very good. Become a VIP, and then maybe you can begin to start harboring this opinion. And even then, it's better put in a PM. I don't even know what the VIP tag means, but I don't see anything that says I can't discuss these things without having that tag. And no, I want to discuss this openly as it seems there are many forum goers who also are writers for the website. I think its important to for the website to have credibility even if its made by fans.
March 2, 201115 yr FWIW, I do think it's a bit silly to discuss "worst case scenarios" in such a case when you could have simply waited a day or two to get the facts. Jumping the gun too early like that makes it difficult to produce insightful commentary. This isn't a slam, but meant to be constructive. I think it's great that Admin is working on the front page of the site. It would be awesome to see some [intelligent] SABR/stat pieces. I'd be more inclined to read those types of articles. Bingo. In these cases its best to wait for the facts.
March 2, 201115 yr Well, meh to you. If you actually read the article, it's about considering worst possible case, and what we would be left with to begin the season if he happens to for some reason reaggravate the injury or if it was worse than was suspected. Lo I personally feel the whole idea of the article wasn't to jump the gun, it was more for people to simply consider how important Stanton is to this teams success this season, and that this injury should simply get us thinking about just that. Plus it's late February, little to absolutely no baseball on TV, all we have right now to talk about are we think our players will perform next season and simply biding our time until the real season starts. This was more of a fluff piece to keep myself sane and hopefully give some others an enjoyable read. As for the "amateurish" part, I am an amateur writer, so it pretty much makes sense then. What's the point of writing an article of what ifs? We all know the Marlins are screwed if Stanton misses significant time. Its just bad journalism, but at least you admitted its a fluff piece. The only reason I care is because for some reason this appears on the front page of the site, and it doesnt make the site look very good. Im trying to understand why you are so offended by this article. Is your stanton crush so severe that you cant read about your baby possibly injured? I mean....wow you seem really pissed. Obviously you didn't read what I wrote. It doesn't matter who the article is about. Speculating without the facts is pointless.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.