Ozzie Martinez

Martinez at 2B and Infante at 3B is the Marlin's best option should Dominguez be deemed unready.

Then Dominguez can take over in 2012 after Infante leaves in free agency.

I completely agree, especially cuz it keeps Boni on the bench where he's best suited (and since last year he finally started to figure out that role quite well. As opposed to starting, which he shuold stay away from)

Martinez at 2B and Infante at 3B is the Marlin's best option should Dominguez be deemed unready.

I completely agree, especially cuz it keeps Boni on the bench where he's best suited (and since last year he finally started to figure out that role quite well. As opposed to starting, which he shuold stay away from)

I don't think it was so much that he was figuring out that role. His pitch selection was getting better and how he put the ball in play improved.

I don't think it was so much that he was figuring out that role. His pitch selection was getting better and how he put the ball in play improved.

On top of what bobbob said, where he struck out at a higher clip, he also swung at a higher percentage of pitches outside the zone and a lower percentage of pitches inside the zone (AKA, the opposite of improved selection).

He did, though, have a lower strike swinging percentage than last year and a slightly higher contact percentage.

His biggest improvement was baserunning, I'd say. in 2009 he had 21 SB with 9 Caught Stealings and 8 Pick Offs, which is pretty horrific. In 2010, he had 12 SB in less opportunities with 0 CS and 3 PO. His Extra Base Taken% went from 66% to 83%. And while being more aggressive on hits, he made 0 outs on the basepaths, as opposed to 6 the year before.

You clearly didn't understand what BroncoBob was trying to say. Once again you continue to twist his words around. Perhaps if you spent more time "watching" the game instead of compiling statistics that favor your arguments then you would learn something about the game. But nice try.

He said his pitch selection got better. How would you define pitch selection besides things like inside zone swings vs outside zone swings and strikeout rate? What is being twisted?

The great thing about ignoring stats is that you get to say things like "he improved his pitch selection", and if someone points at that that is factually incorrect, you can just say "that's what I saw with my own eyes, not what the stats that have never watched the game say."

I know what he's gonna say is "he improved his bunting and hit less fly balls and more groundballs", but he was actually less successful at bunting for a hit last year, and his groundball and flyball ratios stayed basically the same. And he hit into more infield flies as well.

Basically, he's almost exactly the same weak hitter as two years ago, a guy who is better suited to a utility role that requires less at bats and more emphasis on baserunning and defense. You know, the things he's actually good at. If you don't see that, than your eyes are deceiving you.

He said his pitch selection got better. How would you define pitch selection besides things like inside zone swings vs outside zone swings and strikeout rate? What is being twisted?

The great thing about ignoring stats is that you get to say things like "he improved his pitch selection", and if someone points at that that is factually incorrect, you can just say "that's what I saw with my own eyes, not what the stats that have never watched the game say."

I know what he's gonna say is "he improved his bunting and hit less fly balls and more groundballs", but he was actually less successful at bunting for a hit last year, and his groundball and flyball ratios stayed basically the same. And he hit into more infield flies as well.

Basically, he's almost exactly the same weak hitter as two years ago, a guy who is better suited to a utility role that requires less at bats and more emphasis on baserunning and defense. You know, the things he's actually good at. If you don't see that, than your eyes are deceiving you.

His typical mantra against stats is that the formulae can be modified to say whatever you want them to say, so it should be amusing to see how he dismisses absolute measurements such as swing% and K%. You know...things that can't be manipulated.

You clearly didn't understand what BroncoBob was trying to say. Once again you continue to twist his words around. Perhaps if you spent more time "watching" the game instead of compiling statistics that favor your arguments then you would learn something about the game. But nice try.

I love how you didn't even attempt to make an argument.

Did Bob hack your account?

When you have eyes like mine, you don't need arguments. Not to mention I'm a season ticket holder, so my opinions already hold more merit than others.

Bonifacio struck out 95 times in 2009 compared to 42 in 2010. That's a clear improvement. Unlike Gaby Sanchez, who struck out a whopping 101 times last year. Clearly Bonifacio has better plate discipline and trading Gaby Sanchez is in the team's best interests. If not for the enlightenment provided by BroncoBob on this matter, I confess I may have at one point allowed my judgement to be clouded by biased statistics. We should all follow his lead.

When you have eyes like mine, you don't need arguments. Not to mention I'm a season ticket holder, so my opinions already hold more merit than others.

Bonifacio struck out 95 times in 2009 compared to 42 in 2010. That's a clear improvement. Unlike Gaby Sanchez, who struck out a whopping 101 times last year. Clearly Bonifacio has better plate discipline and trading Gaby Sanchez is in the team's best interests. If not for the enlightenment provided by BroncoBob on this matter, I confess I may have at one point allowed my judgement to be clouded by biased statistics. We should all follow his lead.

That'll happen when you have 461 AB's in 2009 and 180 AB's in 2010.

That'll happen when you have 461 AB's in 2009 and 180 AB's in 2010.

Way to twist around what I was saying again. But if you're just going to start ridiculing me, then there's no point in responding to this. News flash. I guess some people just aren't capable of grasping certain concepts. Nice try though.