Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mungo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mungo

  1. i was at the game the best part was see the yankee fans cry :notworthy That was almost worth more than winning the series, seeing those spoiled brat fans lose. Just as satisfying as seeing the Pasties get to 30 seconds before a perfect season, just to have it pulled right out from under them. Ya gotta love it :thumbup
  2. When they say he might gow through our system quickly... how quickly do they mean? Like 3-4 years? Usually 4 years, but sometime HS players take longer, maybe as many as 6 years.
  3. Either way i know we can all say we hope he pans out and if he does, OMG we are gonna be crazy good when our new stadium opens Well unless this guy zips through our system, he won't be ready by 2011, but more like 2012 or 2013.
  4. I don't think you guys realize, we still have no catcher in the organization that can play for the MLB for the next 4-5 years. That is a big deal, and taking Crow would have padded the SP depth where we could have moved one for a serious catcher. This is why we have Beinfest.....he will have to trade some pitching for Clement or someone else so we have a decent catcher for the new stadium opening.
  5. Its a great pick. experts say he should move through the minors very quickly I wish we could have been one spot up and got Buster Posey, because he will be a legit. player whose a good catcher. But I like this pick, kid has a ton of potential. For that we would had to let the Mets reach the playoff. I'll take that tradeoff....keep those nasty Mets out of the playoffs for sure.
  6. HORRIBLE. I'm going to puke. God dammit Beinfest. What the hell are you doing. LOL... I love when people freak out over taking players they have never seen play...except for maybe a grainy scout video. LOL. There is such a low probability he turns into an average major leaguer because of his age and POSITION, the Marlins should have taken a college prospect who is safer. Especially because we are a low budget franchise and we can't afford to miss on players. This is always my contention. We have to draft smart because its not by far certain Maybin & Miller will be worthy of prospects in a couple of years. Beinfest cannot afford to miss in the draft anymore. His record is spotty at best in the draft. Now if you talk about trading prospects for prospects, yes that he does pretty good at, but his drafts are quite questionable.
  7. Anyone for Skipworth ?
  8. Knowing our owners "signability" comes 1st. :confused So forget Posey.....I will be shocked if they take him.
  9. Scary to see him demanding that much. You know he does have an option to play his Sr year at F$U. His family is not poor, so money might not be really what he is after -- his bluff pay me big or I will go back and you lose your 1st round pick. That would be a PR nightmare for any organization. How do you tell your fans you're getting better by passing on your 1st pick (even though his demands are outrageous) ? If I were Posey I'd rather go to the Rays than the Marlins at this point. They seem to be more ready than we are to compete for a division & WS title. They are just a couple of players away, and we are a TON of pitching & defense away.
  10. First of all, Buster Posey has a lot of nerve to ask for 12 million dollars. He's a good prospect, but not that good. Knowing the Marlins, they won't touch Posey with a 10 foot pole. Instead they will take Skipworth for less coin. The only other thing I can think of is maybe some team like the Tigers have already offered him a huge deal if he falls to them and his agent is telling teams this. BTW: Do people not know that we have a minor league forum discussing this stuff already? I wouldn't think of looking there. I was perplexed not to see a Draft Forum. Maybe there should be one called "Draft & Trade Forum".
  11. Alex Gonzalez's game 4 winner! 2nd fav
  12. Beckett tag out for the complete game win in Game 6, 2003. What a performance. No doubt it was the best performance of any Marlin in a WS game, but that was a "performance", the thread title says "moment" which is not the same thing.
  13. Edgar Renteria's hit to win the World Series. co-sign Like this better than 2003 when the tapper is hit back to Beckett....it was sorta of....just like another play :confused . It didn't have a feeling of finallity until after it was all over and you realize.....THEY WON THE FREAKIN' WORLD SERIES. With Renteria's hit....it was magical. :notworthy
  14. We're gonna take one of Skipworth/Crow/Posey if the draft board doesn't go crazy and change wildly from what the mocks say... Although I remain skeptical with Posey's jump in power for this one past college season, I have ZERO problems with taking any 3 of them, I would just prefer Crow or Skipworth. I saw Crow pitch to Ole Miss in the Coral Gables Regional last weekend, and he is just flat out filthy. Shut out Ole Miss 7-0 on Friday. For Ole Miss that was only their 3rd shutout all year, cuz they can rake the ball most of the time. I think they managed only 3 hits off Crow.
  15. Isn't one of them represented by Scott Boras ? That kid from Plantation, Eric Hosmer is repped by Boras. It was in today's Herald.
  16. Let's keep the young man Yonder Alonso home! thats doubtful....according to espn he wants 8 mil and a major league deal...from what i hear he is the 3rd best catcher in the draft...pass Huh ? :blink: :confused Yonder Alonso is the 1st baseman from the Miami Hurricanes. I've followed every game of the 'Canes this year and never once seen him catch. We have Jason Haggerty and Yasmani Grandal catching for the 'Canes.
  17. I'm skeptical of Posey....4 HR's as a frosh, 5 as a soph, and then 23 as a Jr ? Is he for real or a flash in the pan ? I have seen him play and there is no doubt he is a great GRADE A solid prospect. He is an excellent defensive catcher, and that is after only playing there his Soph & Jr years in college. Before that wasn't he an infielder ? I think I heard he threw out 43% of runners this year, which even in college is amazing. I remain skeptical of his "power" as it seems to be a one year deal. Also anyone think he may be doing the "funny water" cuz he also put on about 20 lbs of muscle in one year....that and the power surge are kind of suspect. I also like that kid out of Plantation. Keep him away from Pat Murphy at Arizona St....that is a very bad man.
  18. For me, it was Charlie Hough's first pitch on opening day in 1993. Cool things happened after that too, but I was a ten year old kid who was just happy to be watching baseball in Miami. Kids are easy to please. I think this may be my favorite moment too. One I never thought would ever happen.
  19. They won the regular season, and then went to Jacksonville and won the ACC Tournament with an 8-4 win over Virginia to claim their 1st ACC Title in a major sport since joining the ACC in 2005. Congrats boys, you deserve it. Now on to Omaha, and the Regional this week. Hopefully with the # 1 National Seed. Let the NCAA playoffs begin !
  20. Rays on FSN right now and ACC Championship (Miami vs UVA) on Sun. Is the game on Sun or FSN later today ?
  21. Tim Kirkjian was just saying this morning the Marlins have "no right" to be where they are and something about it being fraudulent or a fraud or something akin to that. Tim Kirkjian was also the one in 2003 who said up until the end that the Marlins would not win the Wild Card. The guy is a tool with a capital T. And the one guy who consistantly said the Marlins would win (starting in late July he said it) was Jeff Brantley.....and of course he is gone from ESPN.
  22. I've heard Buster Olney give us a good amount of credit. Didn't he say a week or two ago that we are the real deal and will be in the race come September? He is consistant and said at the begininng of the year we were better than he thought we would be, and that others shouldn't count us as dead before the season. This was back in early April.
  23. 97 no doubt. It you mean the whole playoff, then its pretty even. Gotta love that Cubs series. I have to agree with this. The national media will never forgive the Marlins for winning that series. Defiying the odds and the media to overcome Wrigley, & Woods & Prior. It was exhilarating ! :thumbup The victory over the Cubs in the 2003 playoffs will always be my favorite series I believe.
  24. This is off topic, but does anyone else hate it when we lose and a player from the opposing team is interviewed? The Heat do it too and I always feel like throwing something at the T.V. I wonder who's "bright" idea it was to do that? Yes, it bugs the sh*t out of me as well. Last night, while watching the Arizona post-game, Cody Ross was interviewed. So its not just our station that does that.
  25. Great game. Freddi had me nervous leaving Pinto in, but it worked out in the end.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.