Everything posted by alejandrasnow
-
Beat The Streak
Woohoo I have a streak of two going! I like to do it until all the pitchers are TBA and then come back and check whenever I remember.
-
Your thoughts are needed!
I want to keep the teal for various reasons. First, the color is actually representative of the fish the team is named after. Can you imagine if they actually implemented the oft rumored new color orange? What the hell does orange have to do with a marlin? Secondly, the color is unique (as another poster suggested), easily identifiable and it is tied with our team and the two WS rings they've brought to the city of Miami in their short time here. When I see the color it reminds me of the team and my history of being a fan. I, unlike Loria and Co., actually like the color and don't think it is a color of the 90's. Of course no one is suggesting bringing the color back to the uniforms in its original 1993 scheme but keeping the color the way it is now would be ideal. I think the name Miami Marlins is perfectly acceptable. It is, after all, the city of Miami and Miami-Dade County that is mostly funding the stadium.
-
Slogans for the site
Thank you so much!
- April 5, 2011 - Nationals @ Marlins
-
Fish of the Week (April 1 - April 3)
I voted for Gaby. He had a good series!
-
Rotten Fish of the Week (April 1 - April 3)
I went with Coghlan. He had like 6 feeble groundouts, even his one hit was a weak grounder! Hopefully he turns it around in this Nationals series. My second choice would be Javier and my 3rd choice is Hanram.
-
Slogans for the site
Where is the thread that was dedicated to the new slogan for this website?
-
Game on in Tallahassee tonight?
According to the TV guide for Tallahassee we get the Marlins game. If this is true, I'm jealous.
-
Orlando
Wait, am I seriously not going to be able to get this game at home tonight? That better not be true. Sorry but it is. I think SunSports/FSN has something about where the blackouts are on facebook.
-
The Greatest Music Video in the History of Music Video's
Is she Canadian? I heard "Sore-eey" and "Aboot"... LOL in the show her character is Canadian. =]
-
Game on in Tallahassee tonight?
I have extrainnings and I'm pretty sure the game will be blacked out. I never get any Marlins games especially if they're still being shown in SoFlo. Also, I think you'll be getting the Magics game (apparently in Orlando, Gville, and Jax we're all getting the Magics so I'm assuming since you're further up you'll also be getting it instead of the Fish).
-
Orlando
Is there any shot of me watching this game anywhere in Orlando. I won't get it home because of the Magic game; wondering if it will be blacked out at a bar that has xtra innings are not. If you go to a bar that has directv I'm pretty sure you can ask them to put it on... if they're willing to! That's what I usually do when the game is blacked out here in gville.
-
Opening Day
Not only can I not be present for the game itself, FSN is giving the Orlando Magics game in Gainesville instead of the Opening Day game... Talk about adding insult to injury.
-
More Super Saturday Performers Revealed
That being said, get The Airborne Toxic Event. They're still relatively up and coming, on tour, they'll be down here. Of course I'm dreaming. I really like them. They're probably too unknown to draw though I'm dreaming right there with you. =/ Fort Lauderdale and Orlando shows! In May. I can't wait. They're up and coming, and in my opinion they're going to break through onto the big stage. While they might not attract a huge crowd, this should be the kind of music they're attracting. Not has-beens and old timers, but young musical talent just like the young talent on the baseball field :lol But it is just a dream :/ I agree that I think they're going to breakthrough. I've seen their Sometime Around Midnight music video on television before. I can't really remember what channel but I was stunned to even see that they were on television!
-
More Super Saturday Performers Revealed
I've never even heard of any of them except Ludicris. How the hell did they get him? He's still a big and popular isn't he? He's one of the few rappers whose music I sort of like. There's something about his music that stands out from the rest that catches my ear. So to restart the argument from the other thread, why are most of the acts Hispanic? I kow you shouldn't assume that all the Hispanic acts on the list are in Spanish, but its a pretty safe bet in this case. They've listed 8 shows. 4 are acts in Spanish Pitbull's music is bilingual and I know plenty of native English speakers that like his music 3 are in English (I don't know if they speak in Cirque of Dreams but I assume it doesn't qualify as "Spanish") I believe one of the other posters mentioned this above in case you didn't see it. Miami's demographic and those in the new Marlins stadium area are mostly Hispanic. They're catering to their demographic. It's unfortunate if native English speakers feel alienated because there are more Spanish speaking acts but it is the smarter marketing plan since they need to create a fan base in the Little Havana area for when the stadium opens.
-
The Greatest Music Video in the History of Music Video's
Ok, for those of you who watch How I Met Your Mother (if any of you do) which is worse Rebecca Black's video or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1b1pf9DRY
-
More Super Saturday Performers Revealed
That being said, get The Airborne Toxic Event. They're still relatively up and coming, on tour, they'll be down here. Of course I'm dreaming. I really like them. They're probably too unknown to draw though I'm dreaming right there with you. =/ Didn't Diddy perform here last year? And Pitbull has performed here several times (granted it is his hometown, he loves Miami and he wrote "Marlins Time to Represent"). They're both apparently still relevant in the music industry. I don't see how Luda is deemed as sinking so low because he's performing at Sunlife. Sure, it's not the hottest venue, the biggest stage, nor will it have the most publicity but others have done it before him and they've kept their fame intact.
-
Are we ready for the Prediction Thread ?
101-61 win the devision and the world series and everything!!!! Hanley Ramirez MVP JJ wins CY. Dominguez comes up has it all figured out and he wins ROY... Edwin wins MOY! Here's to hoping!
-
The Roommate From HELL
Ok, adding my own experience from my freshmen year at UF.So, I decided on going to UF pretty late so all of my friends had paired off and selected which dorms they wanted to live in. I pretty much just had to take whatever was available to me with random roommates. That's fine. It was my own fault for not being more prudent in deciding which college to attend. When I get to UF I realize I've been stuck in a temporary triple which basically means that I'm in a room meant for 2 people but three of us are forced to live there. One of the roommates was a ditzy girl who was never there unless it was to drop off her messes for us to deal with or to cry to me about her boy trouble whenever I had an exam the next day. My other roommate was a 21 year old who was unable to cut the umbilical cord and would have her ENTIRE family come into our dorm without advising us at random points of the Fall semester. I remember one day I undressed, changed into my robe and got ready to take a shower (in the SUPER gross community showers) when her mother, sister and stepfather walked into our dorm. Embarrassing and uncomfortable as her stepfather kept looking at me. When I inquired into when we were going to be de-tripled (if anyone left or didn't show up to UF they would move one of us) they told me I was at the bottom of the list and I would be lucky to get de-tripled at all. They told me that if I found somewhere else to live they would be willing to break the contract and give me my money back. I ran into a high school friend who told me that her cousin moved out of her apartment and that I could sublease her cousin's old room. It was a 4 bed 2 bath. The whole arrangement sounded good so I moved out of the dorm in late October and moved in with my friend.What my friend FORGOT to tell me was that she got hooked on illegal diet drugs and was going f***ing insane. For example, she decided to join every club on campus and one of them was Hispanic Student Association. HSA was conducting a pageant show and she was in it. She asked her friends from Miami to come up to Gville to watch her perform. They told her they had lives and couldn't make it. She went crazy, locked herself in her room, threatened to commit suicide and wouldn't get out. Fire rescue had to come and break open the door. She would invite all her friends over during the weekends to start drinking like at 10am and take up the bathroom I shared with her so that they could all go and throw up in both sinks and toilet by like 2pm.... because apparently that's a ton of fun. When Gator Growl came around she asked me if she could invite a COUPLE friends. I told her it was ok because my sister was coming up from Tampa so three people staying the apartment was fine since I assumed (my fault) her two friends would be staying in her bedroom with her as my sister was staying in my bedroom with me. After a party I get back into my apartment and I can't even get into my bedroom as there are bodies of people taking up the entire living room, dining room, and KITCHEN. She had invited about 10-12 people to stay with us. One of the other roommates was a theatre major and had an audition that Saturday at about 8am. The people in our apartment wouldn't let her sleep and when she came out to tell them to keep it down they called her a bitch... in her own apartment where she paid rent. Rude! Anyway, Saturday morning they decide that it's a great a idea to start pre-gaming for parties that start at around 10pm at 10am and, since there is a billion of them, they take up both bathrooms and the kitchen sink puking. Since they have to get ready for these parties they hog the bathroom I share with the crazy girl. They use all my towels and throw them in a corner of the bathroom floor, (before I left Miami I bought some things in bulk so I wouldn't have to waste my money when I got to gville) they opened like three bars of soap I had because apparently everyone needs their own soap, they used every single one of the dishes in the apartment and left them lying around everywhere. They brought Cuban tobaccos into our apartment and started smoking them in the living room.After Gator Growl weekend was over we had a roommate meeting where we pretty much told her that she sucks and is an inconsiderate child. She got upset at us and told us: "I thought I had cool roommates. I guess I was wrong." She soon moved out the apartment without having it ok'd by the leasing office only to further ruin her credit (she took out a loan she didn't need with a horrible interest rate and lent money to all of her friends, her father, and bought herself a scooter). She ended that semester by failing out of UF (with a .35 GPA), going to Santa Fe (the college up here) and having a psychiatrist write a letter on her behalf saying that she was mentally unfit that first semester so if the school could please pardon her scores and let her start UF all over with a clean slate. I don't really know whether or not she was allowed to start UF from scratch but she was eventually let back into the school. AND as if all of this isn't horrible enough, she was a BANDWAGON RED SOX fan that pretended to know everything about the Sox when they won the WS in 07.Of the 2 other roommates I had, one of them I'm still friends with and she's fabulous and the other one was a hoarder but she at least kept her messiness in her own room. Her bed-frame was broken so she asked the maintenance people to come and take it away and bring her another. They tried three times to get into her room but were unable to. She had a mini fridge in her bedroom with all her food and she had our refrigerator and freezer filled with all her food. We literally couldn't put anything in the freezer because she had it packed with all different types of meats... weird. Other than that she mostly kept to herself.After my first year in UF I moved out of that apartment and moved in with my sister when she transferred from USF and I've never had to worry about a roommate problem again!And Dr. Bienfest, those pictures are DISGUSTING! I'm sorry for you. I think I would've vomited had a seen those maggots... :barf It sucks when you try to do something nice for people (include him) and it pretty much just bites you in the ass. =[ That's crazy. She had to be smart to get into UF. Do you know exactly why she got into diet drugs? Were people around her making fun of her looks, or was she just naturally self conscious? Because if other people teased her a lot about something like her weight, it's not fair to really blame her for going nuts. I have no idea why or how she got into these illegal diet drugs. Apparently she'd been ordering them from the internet before I began living with her. I don't think anyone was making fun of her because she wasn't that big in high school or even now. She's a normal looking girl so I'm guessing she is just naturally self-conscious.
-
Opening Day
Just go to the ticket office. Anybody willing to teleport me to Sunlife, give me tickets behind home-plate, and then teleport me back? I would be greatly appreciative. I was going off the basis that he lives in Hialeah. :lol I wasn't being sarcastic towards you. I was just being sad that I won't be in Miami for Opening Day and I would LOVE to go!
-
The Roommate From HELL
Those pictures are disgusting, although aside from the maggots, that looks like the way most college guys act (just referring to the messiness part, here). It's certainly not a 4th amendment issue for several reasons. The first is that stealing is a criminal law, not a civil/constitutional law situation (Occam's razor, my friend). Secondly, the Bill of Rights protects individuals from government actions; it doesn't, at least typically, deal with issues between individuals. The $20 has to do with the right to a jury trial. A couple of things concerning the police: they tend to suck and not be very helpful. Also, he could bring up your threats (i.e. give me my money or I'll report XYZ to campus security/the cops); you say he's not smart, but I could see this happening. And what you were doing there is extortion, so you could end up in some hot water yourself. And it would sound weird if you "decided just now" to tell the police about date rape/drugs/or whatever you'd say, since that stuff has been going on a while and you let it go on. I doubt you'd be charged (even though it may technically make you an accomplice [i don't know the way Florida law handles complicity]), but it could make you less reputable, so watch out for that. Unless you can get housing to kick him out or do something helpful, I tend to prefer the martial law option as well, leaving the police out of it. My friend... my two suitemates are examples of dirty college guys. No, this is not an example of a dirty college guy. This is an example of a hoarder. Someone with problems. He's sleeping without bedsheets. This is not typical in any way. My suitemates are dirty, they are typical. I have nothing wrong with that, despite being a neatfreak myself. 4th amendment whatever, it's a debt of over $20. I know that much. Shut up you lawyer (). Also, I know the police are normally of little help in such a situation. But UCF Police is completely different. They are still real police, but what everyone has told me is that UCF Police is much more concerned with issues than the normal police and that I have a good chance with them. Also, that's absurd to call me an accomplice or that I'm doing extortion. Just sayin. And there was no date rape, it was just seemingly forced upon a drunk ass girl. She still wanted it. And who says I always knew about the drugs? Guys, I'm doing the police option tomorrow whether you think it's a good idea or not. The police was not my decision, filing a police report is what's suggested by Housing and by UCF Student Conduct. It is the last option other than beating his ass/pawning his items. Would you be able to bring him up in student legal services? I know that at UF student legal services aren't even allowed to get involved in lawsuits between two UF students but if UCF doesn't have that policy (or is it common at all Universities?) maybe you can try that option?
-
The Roommate From HELL
Ok, adding my own experience from my freshmen year at UF.So, I decided on going to UF pretty late so all of my friends had paired off and selected which dorms they wanted to live in. I pretty much just had to take whatever was available to me with random roommates. That's fine. It was my own fault for not being more prudent in deciding which college to attend. When I get to UF I realize I've been stuck in a temporary triple which basically means that I'm in a room meant for 2 people but three of us are forced to live there. One of the roommates was a ditzy girl who was never there unless it was to drop off her messes for us to deal with or to cry to me about her boy trouble whenever I had an exam the next day. My other roommate was a 21 year old who was unable to cut the umbilical cord and would have her ENTIRE family come into our dorm without advising us at random points of the Fall semester. I remember one day I undressed, changed into my robe and got ready to take a shower (in the SUPER gross community showers) when her mother, sister and stepfather walked into our dorm. Embarrassing and uncomfortable as her stepfather kept looking at me. When I inquired into when we were going to be de-tripled (if anyone left or didn't show up to UF they would move one of us) they told me I was at the bottom of the list and I would be lucky to get de-tripled at all. They told me that if I found somewhere else to live they would be willing to break the contract and give me my money back. I ran into a high school friend who told me that her cousin moved out of her apartment and that I could sublease her cousin's old room. It was a 4 bed 2 bath. The whole arrangement sounded good so I moved out of the dorm in late October and moved in with my friend.What my friend FORGOT to tell me was that she got hooked on illegal diet drugs and was going f***ing insane. For example, she decided to join every club on campus and one of them was Hispanic Student Association. HSA was conducting a pageant show and she was in it. She asked her friends from Miami to come up to Gville to watch her perform. They told her they had lives and couldn't make it. She went crazy, locked herself in her room, threatened to commit suicide and wouldn't get out. Fire rescue had to come and break open the door. She would invite all her friends over during the weekends to start drinking like at 10am and take up the bathroom I shared with her so that they could all go and throw up in both sinks and toilet by like 2pm.... because apparently that's a ton of fun. When Gator Growl came around she asked me if she could invite a COUPLE friends. I told her it was ok because my sister was coming up from Tampa so three people staying the apartment was fine since I assumed (my fault) her two friends would be staying in her bedroom with her as my sister was staying in my bedroom with me. After a party I get back into my apartment and I can't even get into my bedroom as there are bodies of people taking up the entire living room, dining room, and KITCHEN. She had invited about 10-12 people to stay with us. One of the other roommates was a theatre major and had an audition that Saturday at about 8am. The people in our apartment wouldn't let her sleep and when she came out to tell them to keep it down they called her a bitch... in her own apartment where she paid rent. Rude! Anyway, Saturday morning they decide that it's a great a idea to start pre-gaming for parties that start at around 10pm at 10am and, since there is a billion of them, they take up both bathrooms and the kitchen sink puking. Since they have to get ready for these parties they hog the bathroom I share with the crazy girl. They use all my towels and throw them in a corner of the bathroom floor, (before I left Miami I bought some things in bulk so I wouldn't have to waste my money when I got to gville) they opened like three bars of soap I had because apparently everyone needs their own soap, they used every single one of the dishes in the apartment and left them lying around everywhere. They brought Cuban tobaccos into our apartment and started smoking them in the living room.After Gator Growl weekend was over we had a roommate meeting where we pretty much told her that she sucks and is an inconsiderate child. She got upset at us and told us: "I thought I had cool roommates. I guess I was wrong." She soon moved out the apartment without having it ok'd by the leasing office only to further ruin her credit (she took out a loan she didn't need with a horrible interest rate and lent money to all of her friends, her father, and bought herself a scooter). She ended that semester by failing out of UF (with a .35 GPA), going to Santa Fe (the college up here) and having a psychiatrist write a letter on her behalf saying that she was mentally unfit that first semester so if the school could please pardon her scores and let her start UF all over with a clean slate. I don't really know whether or not she was allowed to start UF from scratch but she was eventually let back into the school. AND as if all of this isn't horrible enough, she was a BANDWAGON RED SOX fan that pretended to know everything about the Sox when they won the WS in 07.Of the 2 other roommates I had, one of them I'm still friends with and she's fabulous and the other one was a hoarder but she at least kept her messiness in her own room. Her bed-frame was broken so she asked the maintenance people to come and take it away and bring her another. They tried three times to get into her room but were unable to. She had a mini fridge in her bedroom with all her food and she had our refrigerator and freezer filled with all her food. We literally couldn't put anything in the freezer because she had it packed with all different types of meats... weird. Other than that she mostly kept to herself.After my first year in UF I moved out of that apartment and moved in with my sister when she transferred from USF and I've never had to worry about a roommate problem again!And Dr. Bienfest, those pictures are DISGUSTING! I'm sorry for you. I think I would've vomited had a seen those maggots... :barf It sucks when you try to do something nice for people (include him) and it pretty much just bites you in the ass. =[
-
Dominguez not ready
Yeah, I agree with elpenguino. It seems that the Marlins are looking into acquiring Pedro Feliz who might be a FA in a few days (according to BBTN). I'm with the camp that believes we will probably wind up looking in house for a 3rd baseman. Yeah, it might suck that we have a plethora of scrubby 3rd baseman candidates but that's what happens to the Marlins FO for not providing Dominguez a safety net in case he wasn't ready.
-
Opening Day
Just go to the ticket office. Anybody willing to teleport me to Sunlife, give me tickets behind home-plate, and then teleport me back? I would be greatly appreciative.
-
Pick The First
Hit - Omar Infante Double - Logan Morrison Triple - Hanley Ramirez HR - Gaby Sanchez RBI - Logan Morrison Run Scored - Omar Infante Walk-Off Hit - John Buck Stolen Base - Hanley Ramirez Caught Stealing - Chris Coghlan Error - Hanley Ramirez Win - Charlie Sheen :lol I love it! I'll do this when we figure out how long Cogs will be out for.