Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alejandrasnow

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by alejandrasnow

  1. Good for them. It's an absolutely retarded name, and you remind me of my filthy roommate who harvests flies on his desk. Nobody cares about the Rays, and everyone thinks that's an incredibly stupid name. You don't hear us preaching 'Marlins Monarchy', do you? No, because that would be stupid. Everything about the Rays sends shivers down my spine. Especially this, and especially the fact that you're proudly promoting such a stupid name. Try thinking of what you're about to say before you say it. You just might sound stupid. /end rant about my roommate and you're reminding me of him right now. OMFG this was hysterical! The bold part was my favorite line! What I hate most about the Rays "fans" that I know is their blatant admittance to not knowing much about baseball or their team but all rocking 2008 Rays gear and then trashing my Marlins love with comments about attendance and fire sales. Seriously, some of my friends have done that either seemingly unaware of their own abysmal attendance or just freaking stupid.
  2. Don't forget to set your TIVOs fellow Marlins fans! Marlins 30 clubs for 30 days is tomorrow! How many times do you guys think they'll talk about Hanley needing to be a leader and show clips of lollygate (or whatever they nicknamed his lack of hustle)?
  3. I don't think Sean West is ever going to be good. I kind of agree with this. =/
  4. Didn't Hermida basically cause brain damage to a kid at a Phillies game? I know he hit the kid in the face (orbital bone specifically) but I don't know if it caused brain damage.
  5. Not that I'm too bothered, but we are last in the league in HR with 6, whereas Arizona has already amassed 28..... Wow! AND they traded Reynolds during the offseason.
  6. As long as all the FIsh remain healthy and injury free, I'm all for some Marlins/Nats drama igniting a nonexistent rivalry.
  7. Not really surprised to hear about West.
  8. It's kind of annoying that all 6 meetings between us and the Rays are broadcasted by their annoying commentators. Can I get a Dewaynne Staats anyone? Evening seeing his face annoys me. Do the Rays have their games on SAP, anyone know?
  9. :lol :lol :lol did nobody catch this bit? "No excuses," Ramirez said. "I didn't read it good off the bat." No excuses. Hold on lemme just sneak one in there. That's not the way I understand it. I read it as, he is not making an excuse for himself. He didn't get a good read off of the bat and he should have. He is at fault and he knows it.
  10. He was arguing against the other two commentators that he'd rather have a front end closer than a front end starter because they pitch in more games. Then went on to talk about chemistry and all this crap. The only guy who knows what he's talking about is Hart. It's funny the people who actually played the game know the least about what actually helps baseball teams win. They're too caught up in the dogmas and tradition of the game. I love hearing what Al Leiter has to say but I just may be biased.
  11. Watching it on mlbnetwork! I love my Marlins!
  12. I've been pissed ever since they took the tradition away from Cincinnati. If the current owners have proven anything, it is that tradition is meaningless to them, What tradition was that? Cincinnati was the first professional baseball team, up until the mid-to late1990's or so played the very first game of the year, then baseball saw an opportunity to make more money and sent teams overseas to open the season or would open with the previous years champs on ESPN. I'm all for the continued globalization of sports and expanding baseball into other markets but I agree, opening day seems kind of like a poor time to do it.
  13. I got 2k8 and it was really hard. I played it once and never again even attempted it but also, I'm not really that good at video games. I have a PS3 but it's pretty much just for the blueray. Is The Show more player friendly?
  14. "JUPITER — Two days into camp, starting pitcher Ricky Nolasco hasn't thrown off the mound and the Marlins don't know when he will. Nolasco, the team's No. 2 starter, said he jammed his right thumb about "a week and a half ago" while working out in Miami. Although X-rays were negative, the thumb is still too sore to allow Nolasco to throw. "It is frustrating, but at least the doctors say it's not serious,' he said Saturday. Nolasco said he hopes to throw a bullpen session later this week, but manager Edwin Rodriguez said it could be longer than that. "I don't think it's going be sooner than that, but it could be later than that. A week or more,' Rodriguez said. "We have to go slowly with him.' Neither Nolasco nor the Marlins are worried yet about his readiness for the season. He said he had thrown about eight bullpen sessions in Miami before suffering the injury. "Once I am able to go ahead and let it go, it's not something that's going to take forever for me to build back up,' Nolasco said. "As long as it heals properly and there's no pain, it's not going to change how I prepare myself.' The Marlins open Grapefruit League action Feb. 28. If manager Edwin Rodriguez sticks to his projected rotation, Nolasco's first start would come March 1 against the Cardinals. That could change if Nolasco doesn't get on the mound in the next 10 days. Nolasco went 14-9 with a 4.51 ERA last season, which ended Aug. 28 after he tore the meniscus in his right knee. He had surgery in September, and he said Saturday the knee is completely healed. Infante leading off: During the winter, Chris Coghlan was slated to hit first in the Marlins' batting order in 2011. That plan has changed. Rodriguez on Saturday said he plans to bat Coghlan second behind Omar Infante for at least the first two weeks of spring games. Rodriguez said he prefers to have Coghlan's left-handed bat at the top of the order between two right-handed hitters, Infante and No. 3 hitter Hanley Ramirez. Infante batted first in the majority of his games last season for Atlanta, collecting 86 hits in 282 at-bats (.305). He also had a .349 on-base percentage. Coghlan said his surgically repaired left knee is fine, but the Marlins are being cautious with him. Coghlan will play center field this year for the first time in his career, and he shagged fly balls in center on Friday and Saturday." http://www.palmbeach...ry-1267941.html It's worth mentioning, I guess.
  15. Season kicks off tommorow. Anyone else really excited to get some baseball FINALLY going again? Seems like its been forever since the Giants won the WS. Really interested in seeing how my team(New Mexico) looks this season. We made the postseason last year for the first time since 1962. Only have 1 senior on the roster and the 2nd toughest schedule in the country(non-conference series' @ Arizona State @ Oklahoma State @ Arizona @ Oklahoma @ Texas Tech vs Texas Tech). Should make for one hell of a ride. Two guys to look out for are SO C Mitchell Garver(2009 Honorable Mention High School All-American) and FR 3B DJ Peterson(First Team Louisville Slugger All-American). Yup, I'm pretty excited. I hope to attend the Gators vs. Bulls game tonight.
  16. I hope he breaks the record! I'm totally going to watch that game on Sunday. "If Wittels, a junior shortstop who had 100 hits in 56 games last year, goes oh-for Friday or Saturday, the series finale will appear only on ESPN’s web network. But if the streak is alive come Sunday, ESPNU will carry the affair – and the man whose record is at stake will be in the broadcast booth."
  17. I read he blew a .26. Poor guy. I wonder if they'll make him go back into counseling.
  18. Is Hanley getting a hair cut soon or is he gonna do the Manny dreads deal? He often shaves it off during ST does he not? I haven't any idea. Guess not everyone can be in Hanley's posse. Just me then? Is the hair policy still in place? If so, I don't see Hanley with any dreads.
  19. All I got out of this thread is that most of you are funny and make me lol.
  20. Well, when you get right down to it, we have no effect on anything. To put a finer point on it and to state it more succinctly, I object to all of the whining about stuff that simply doesn't matter at all. Like colors. Or slogans. Who plays matters. What color they play in doesn't. What matters is completely subjective and it's absurd for you to tell us what matters and what doesn't. You're complaining about fans who care about the prospective color scheme of their favorite team and saying how ineffectual it is for us to complain about things we cannot change. You know what is even more ineffectual than that? You complaining about my caring about the Marlins prospective color scheme.
  21. Is the general consensus that minor league games aren't really worth it? Seeing as it might be my last few month in Gainesville I was contemplating taking a trip to Jacksonville to check out the Suns. I'm definitely not in the same predicament as the OP but I'm just wondering whether or not it's worth it because I wouldn't just be able to pick up and leave and it would be a hassle.
  22. I really like the Orioles. I don't my want fave AL team and NL team colors to overlap so that when I wear their gear it's almost the same thing. The Marlins organization should be more considerate of me and my wants! Why the Orioles? Just curious. Frankly I'm getting tired of their fans' moaning about the Red Sox and Yankees as if they are the main reasons as to why they haven't had a winning team in over a decade. Because I visited Camden Yards and I loved it so much. Their stadium is so pretty and I had already been loosely following them with extra innings (during Marlins commercial breaks or when the Fish weren't playing as it beats the alternative of the Rays) so my affiliation was solidified. It's definitely not been a lifelong love of the Orioles but after I visited Camden I looked up their history more in depth, I chose them as my AL team. =]
  23. Mike Stanton is only ranked 8th on the Top 10? Not to be a homer here, but they specifically said that this list wasn't about past accomplishments, it's based on who you would want to draft on your team RIGHT NOW. Not that they disrespected Stanton, they called him The Terminator and did some funny graphics with it. And also said he probably has the most upside out of anyone on the list. I would have placed him at about 5 or 6, but I guess that's just me. Also, were there any other Marlins on the MLB Network Top 10 things? I haven't caught too many of them, but I would assume JJ and Hanley cracked the top 10 (probably 3) for their positions. Maybe John Buck at 10 or 9? Hanley was number 1 in SS and the entire discussion was about his poor attitude, lack of hustle and generally how much needs to start being a leader instead of a petulant child. Although I understand the complaint and can certainly agree, it took all the excitement out of me. I was eagerly awaiting to see some Marlins and Hanley love and I figured that they would discuss his temper tantrum last season but I wasn't expecting his attitude to be the SOLE aspect of discussion.
  24. I really like the Orioles. I don't my want fave AL team and NL team colors to overlap so that when I wear their gear it's almost the same thing. The Marlins organization should be more considerate of me and my wants!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.