Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miguel Cabrera arrested for DUI in Florida

Featured Replies

FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has been arrested on drunken driving charges in Florida.

 

The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said the 27-year-old's car engine was smoking alongside a road late Wednesday when a deputy spotted the vehicle.

 

According to the arrest report, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of Scotch in front of a deputy. Police say Cabrera repeatedly refused to cooperate, saying, "Do you know who I am, you don't know anything about my problems." In 2009, the All-Star first baseman got into a fight with his wife after a night of drinking, right before his team surrendered the American League Central Division title to theMinnesota Twins.

 

Cabrera posted $1,350 bond and was released Thursday.

Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy, according to St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said. He refused to cooperate and more deputies were called to the scene.

 

[...]

 

One deputy struck Cabrera in the left thigh several times with his knee after Cabrera pushed into him, causing the ballplayer to fall into the patrol car. Cabrera refused to take a breath test, deputies said.

-ESPN

 

JEEEEEESUS!!!

big big problem

I've read that they tell athletes to not take the breathalyzer and just go to jail. Taking a swig of scotch in front of the cop kinda nails you though.

I read he blew a .26. Poor guy. I wonder if they'll make him go back into counseling.

 

 

For a man his size, that is an absolutely insane amount of liquor.

 

Taking a swig in front of the cops? Dude's got issues.

  • Author

Well, that trade isn't looking so bad now, is it?!

 

*cough*....

Miggy def has a serioues problem... Tough to deal with, guy needs to be entered in REHAB ASAP! Such a talent he his in the MLB, hate to see it get runied by this...

 

Not to mention his mugshot is a bit odd, looks like the happiest guy in the world..

I read he blew a .26. Poor guy. I wonder if they'll make him go back into counseling.

 

If that's the case, wouldn't this now be a DWI?

 

And as for part 2, I would think so. Especially with the season being so close. No big if he misses a couple workouts in relation to an alcohol problem.

Miggy def has a serioues problem... Tough to deal with, guy needs to be entered in REHAB ASAP! Such a talent he his in the MLB, hate to see it get runied by this...

 

Not to mention his mugshot is a bit odd, looks like the happiest guy in the world..

 

 

Like he has just discovered the effects of alcohol for the first time

Why these multi-multi-multi-millionaires ever drive is beyond me. And I love when people bust out the "don't you know who I am". Yea, officers love hearing that.

Well, that trade isn't looking so bad now, is it?!

 

*cough*....

 

 

God damnit gizmo you beat me to it again.

 

 

WOW I'M SO GLAD WE TRADED CABRERA :lol

I feel absolutely no sympathy for Miguel. Anybody who throws out the "Do you know who I am?" line to the police deserves whatever punishment he gets.

 

The first time I felt bad for him. I believed him when he said he'd seek counseling and try to fix things (although he said he wasn't an alcoholic, which was complete BS). A second time though? This man is just asking to be suspended to begin the season. As long as he performs and isn't a cancer among his teammates you keep him, but this is getting out of hand.

question: what was he doing in fort pierce? isn't tigers training camp in winter haven, a good 3 hours away? and three times the legal limit, yikes!

Thats just Miggy being Miggy :thumbup

Sad to see the effects of his eating and drinking on his career.

 

 

Eating.

 

and

 

Drink.

 

 

:lol

Seriously..did he autograph that mugshot?

Cabs would be Pujols or Mauer if not that he just doesn't give a flying f_ _ _

I just can't believe he is as good as he is now

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.