Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alejandrasnow

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by alejandrasnow

  1. Yeah, bleacher report just had something out about the Red Sox showing interest in Uggla.
  2. About Harper's alleged cockiness: I played ball for many years as a kid and one thing I always noticed is that the best players were almost always arrogant d-bags. Let's not forget--he just turned 18 years old. He's still a kid. I think as he matures, he will gain more respect. Same here. The few Kids I played with or against that have gone on to the minors and one to the bigs were very arrogant. That same arrogance/confidence is what helps these guys play at such a high level. May I ask which one got to the Majors? Mat Latos. Grew up playing on a few all star teams with him then playing against him in HS. Never really liked him but he seems to have mellowed out since making it in the majors. ESPN had an article on Latos a while back about the way he acted in HS and college...arrogant, always to himself. And kept that way til he got to the bigs. Apparently Heath Bell helped him out a ton. He made some pretty stupid comments about Cody and the other acquisitions that the Giants made awhile back ago.
  3. How is he doing so far? .348 avg 1 HR and 4 RBIs .423/.565/.988 3BB 8K
  4. I'm on the Uggla bandwagon, hope he stays here. Is that how the majority of us feel? Pay that man his money. I'm all for keeping Uggla I'm just not sure if I like signing him to a 4 year deal.
  5. Aren't there reports that Edwin has already got the job? That's what I just read here: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5757653 They say it will be announced Wednesday. Oops.... wrong thread!
  6. I'm going to Jacksonville for the Florida Georgia game! I'm thinking of hitting the landing in a costume of a referee but I'm not too sure. come early for the tailgating. :thumbup I did go super early for tailgating. It was so much fun! I'd never gone before since I didn't win the lottery last year so it was my first time seeing how intense people are about their tailgating. We got there like at 8:30 and people were making eggs, bacon and sausage on their grill. It was funny.
  7. I'm going to Jacksonville for the Florida Georgia game! I'm thinking of hitting the landing in a costume of a referee but I'm not too sure.
  8. I like the Riddler so I was kind of hoping it would be him. Whoever said Hush, I'm loving that concept too and Nolan can definitely make him dark enough.
  9. Why don't people like Edwin? I'm just wondering.
  10. Another loss for the Gators...
  11. The Gators offense is atrocious.
  12. South Carolina won against Alabama. I love it.
  13. Infielders Gaby Sanchez: B+ Dan Uggla: A Jorge Cantu: C- Hanley Ramirez: B- Chad Tracy: C- Wes Helms: D- Emilio Bonifacio: B+ Catchers Ronny Paulino: C+ John Baker: (I don't really want to give him a grade because he missed such a huge portion of the season) Brad Davis: C- Brett Hayes: C- Outfielders Cody Ross: C+ Chris Coghlan: C Cameron Maybin: C- Logan Morrison: A Mike Stanton: B+ Brett Carroll: D Starters Josh Johnson: A- Ricky Nolasco: C Anibal Sanchez: A Chris Volstad: C Andrew Miller: F Nate Robertson: F Alex Sanabia: B Relievers Leo Nunez: C- Clay Hensley: B+ Burke Badenhop: C+ Brian Sanches: B Jose Veras: C Jorge Sosa: F Tim Wood: F Renyel Pinto: F Chris Leroux: F
  14. Gaby Sanchez: A- Dan Uggla: B+ Jorge Cantu: C- Hanley Ramirez: C Chad Tracy: B Wes Helms: D Emilio Bonifacio: C Catchers Ronny Paulino: F John Baker: D Brad Davis: C Brett Hayes: C- Outfielders Cody Ross: B- Chris Coghlan: D Cameron Maybin: C Logan Morrison: B Mike Stanton: B Brett Carroll: C Starters Josh Johnson: A Ricky Nolasco: F Anibal Sanchez: C+ Chris Volstad: D Andrew Miller: F- Nate Robertson: F Alex Sanabia: C Relievers Leo Nunez: D Clay Hensley: C Burke Badenhop: C Brian Sanches: D Jose Veras: D Jorge Sosa: D Tim Wood: D Renyel Pinto: D Chris Leroux: F Elaborate please.
  15. Yeah, it's a nice story but I want the Phillies out of the post season asap along with the Braves.
  16. There goes next season. :lol
  17. Yeah Chris was there at the slayer show, he was sitting in the row in front of me. Here is a pic from the side. http://www.flickr.co...i78/5053394148/ I can't help but laugh at the fact that your name is lurker and you're posting sneaky pictures of Voly.
  18. Didn't think Volstad would be into music like that. I heard in an interview his favorite band is Dave Matthews Band and Slayer is a HUGE contrast lol. He even wears #41 in honor of one of their songs (#41) lol. ha true and wow I didn't know Volstad liked DMB.. used to be my fav band at one point. #41 is a good song Yeah they were showing him on one of the Marlins pregame shows (last year I think) where he was talking about how if baseball didn't work out, then he would want to be a professional drummer, and Carter Beauford is his biggest influence. heh cool. Carter is good. I haven't listened to them in a long time now though. Sucks that LeRoi died (he was really good). I'd like to see Volstad play the drums though..that should be a segment on Marlins Live next year I'm on my Evo so I'm not going to link you but you can find Voly playing on YouTube. I totally youtube stalked and didn't find it. =[
  19. The only other thing that I will remember from this season is "Get A Life Zack" on a late night with the Marlins game. I'll remember Rich and Tommy carrying quite a load as a middling Marlins team went through a lot this year and the product was at times far from exciting. :lol :lol
  20. Except for the debut of Stanton and Morrison, there wasn't really anything exciting at all this season. We got perfected by Halladay. That's the way this season should be summed up. Watching JJ was perfectly exciting. I can't stop wondering what would've happened if it was 0-0 after 9. Would both JJ and Halladay have kept going? Also the 3rd out in the 9th for Halladay and the Phillies would've been really weird because the game wasn't over yet. Would they have still celebrated the PG, then got back to the game? JJ only went 7 innings that night. He was already out of the game. Oh, ok. I didn't see the game. How many pitches was he at when they took them out? I wonder (had the Maybin error not happened) if they would've left him in longer.
  21. I'm also going with Joshua Michael Johnson. Even though he missed about 5 starts, he was amazing. He had 4 bad starts all year, starting 28 games. He lead the league in ERA, 7th in WHIP, 2nd in K/BB. For you WAR lovers out there, he was 6th in WAR and 3rd in Pitcher's WAR. JJ was the ace we've been waiting since Kevin Brown for. Uggla is a ridiculously close second. The fact that he missed those 5 starts, and started showing some regression before his injury (possibly because of his injury, but whatever) makes me wonder if he would've sustained that had he started all the games. I know what Uggla was truly worth because he did what he did, and did it for 159/162 games. I'm with Erick on why I chose Uggs over JJ but I do agree that it is a very tough decision. I hope JJ can make it through the whole season next year.
  22. Hanley having an un-Hanley like season. Hutton and Waltz spending the first 3 quarters of the season saying that we've been pretty lucky with injuries then half the team winds up on the DL to the point that we end the season with our 4th string catcher. Pauly with PEDs. JJ's leading the the NL in ERA although he didn't pitch the whole season. Volstad having to go back to the minors. Jorge Sosa Cameron Maybin to the minors Bright spot: Bonifacio not sucking
  23. I really miss Tim Tebow. I don't want to down Brantley, but Tebow makes a lot of the throws Brantley is missing today. At least Brantley doesn't just start crying midway into the game. @ qban That is completely irrelevant and I fail to see your point. @ Dim Yeah but Tebow had a better offense around him and Pouncey's snaps tonight were horrible... again.
  24. Actually Rab the Fernando Valenzuela one has been planned for well over a month. The Bartman article on the site wasn't taken down until about a week ago or less. I haven't seen the Red Sox Nation mention until just recently, and only recently did it pop up on the site. Back on topic, I was really looking forward to seeing a Steve Bartman documentary. Even if he wasn't going to be interviewed and if it would focus mostly on the Cubs, I still think it's a key part of Marlins history and would bring back some memories from that series for me and many other Marlins fans who would've watched it. The schedule ESPN released in July (http://www.espnmedia...l-schedule/) had the Red Sox one but not the Valenzuela one. According to this link from ESPN (http://www.espnmedia...that-never-was/) they just added the Valenzuela film yesterday and specifically mentions that it's replacing Catching Hell. On topic, that last link also states that the Bartman film will be shown in 2011, so at least we do know we'll get to see it eventually. Wow, it will be going on 2 years then that I've been waiting to see this documentary... ESPN is lame. On the plus side, the Valenzuela one sounds interesting. '04 Red Sox, not so much.
  25. We have four left against the Pirates from Thursday to Sunday.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.