Fish of the Year

Admin

I'm also going with Joshua Michael Johnson. Even though he missed about 5 starts, he was amazing. He had 4 bad starts all year, starting 28 games. He lead the league in ERA, 7th in WHIP, 2nd in K/BB. For you WAR lovers out there, he was 6th in WAR and 3rd in Pitcher's WAR.

JJ was the ace we've been waiting since Kevin Brown for.

Uggla is a ridiculously close second.

I'm also going with Joshua Michael Johnson. Even though he missed about 5 starts, he was amazing. He had 4 bad starts all year, starting 28 games. He lead the league in ERA, 7th in WHIP, 2nd in K/BB. For you WAR lovers out there, he was 6th in WAR and 3rd in Pitcher's WAR.

The fact that he missed those 5 starts, and started showing some regression before his injury (possibly because of his injury, but whatever) makes me wonder if he would've sustained that had he started all the games.

I know what Uggla was truly worth because he did what he did, and did it for 159/162 games.

The fact that he missed those 5 starts, and started showing some regression before his injury (possibly because of his injury, but whatever) makes me wonder if he would've sustained that had he started all the games.

I know what Uggla was truly worth because he did what he did, and did it for 159/162 games.

JJ was playing through a bad back injury at the end of the season.

The fact that Uggla played all but 2 games is why he is a close second.

Look at this, if those last starts by JJ were all 5 innings with 3 ER, giving him a 5.40 ERA in that time, he would STILL have been 3rd in ERA. He was that damn dominant and that's why he gets the nod from me.

The fact that Uggla played all but 2 games is why he is a close second.

Look at this, if those last starts by JJ were all 5 innings with 3 ER, giving him a 5.40 ERA in that time, he would STILL have been 3rd in ERA. He was that damn dominant and that's why he gets the nod from me.

There's no guarantee he doesn't do worse than that, though.

With Uggla, everything is guaranteed because he only missed a couple of games.

I don't think JJ is a bad decision; just debating why I chose Uggla because there's nothing else to do, I guess. :cool

By the way, I almost gave Clay Hensley a vote because I'm afraid he's not going to get one. He's not the Fish of the Year, but if there's a poll for surprise of the year (as FSFlorida had before today's game with the Marlin rookies), Hensley without a doubt would get my vote. If not for Hensley, this year would've been even tougher to watch with all the blown saves.

I'm with Erick on why I chose Uggs over JJ but I do agree that it is a very tough decision. I hope JJ can make it through the whole season next year.

Uggla and to be fair its not very close. Im not even a big Uggla fan but the guy hit 287, 33 homers, 105 RBIs, 100 Runs scored and did it ALL YEAR. I also think Morrison and Stanton played very well and hopefully people will realize that dumping ross and cantu was probably a good thing.

JJ had a great 2/3 of the year then started pitching poorly and eventually missed the rest of the year cause of injury.

Im skeptical of JJ because its become a trend with him of not throwing well or at all during the last third of the year. If we are gonna make a run hes gonna need to be our horse and we need him especially down the stretch. His career stats have been pretty mediocre after August 1st which if uve noticed the last few years is generally the time we begin to fade. Its no coincidence that hes tended to fade during that stretch either. Injuries or not he needs to improve and sustain it the whole year. (Personally I think its cuz he throws too many pitches and really needs his changeup to come along so he can stop throwing 25 pitch innings trying to blaze it by someone.)

I thought JJ would be an ace and he delivered (better than I originally thought).

I thought Uggla would deliver his 30HR like usual and be our top power guy (really impressed with high average and reaching 100 RBI's for 1st time).

So taking this all into consideration, I voted Anibal Sanchez as FOTY. One, he stayed healthy all year. He won 13 games. He had a solid 3.55 ERA. He gave us a true #3 and at times acted as #2 in a rotation that entered the season with a few question marks and ended the season with injuries and inconsistency.

I thought JJ would be an ace and he delivered (better than I originally thought).

I thought Uggla would deliver his 30HR like usual and be our top power guy (really impressed with high average and reaching 100 RBI's for 1st time).

So taking this all into consideration, I voted Anibal Sanchez as FOTY. One, he stayed healthy all year. He won 13 games. He had a solid 3.55 ERA. He gave us a true #3 and at times acted as #2 in a rotation that entered the season with a few question marks and ended the season with injuries and inconsistency.

Yes, Uggla usually hits 30ish homeruns BUT he also has some career numbers this year in too.

Batting Average: Best of his career

Hits: Second most of his career

Homeruns: Best of his Career

RBI: Best of his career

OBP: Best of his career

SLG: Best of his career

OPS: Best of his career