Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alejandrasnow

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by alejandrasnow

  1. I hate all of it. Colors included.
  2. Your personal opinion, is it horrible to choose people against your own team? Like a jinx?
  3. Can I still do this? I thought this draft thing was done in May and apparently this thread started in April.
  4. OMG this opening with Craig Minervini on Marlins live! was so funny!
  5. Mujica & Hanley...
  6. More shoulder problems for Cogz? He really needs to cut bank on the w***ing :lol I hope this day off and leaving early from yesterday's game will suffice. Our lineup really can't afford to lose many other people.
  7. n00dz or it didn't happen I second this...
  8. I know the Marlins are doing well when my loser facebook friends start posting statuses about the team. I gave fotg to Volstad even though it was pretty close with Mikey. I love it when our bottom of the rotation pitchers come through for the team!
  9. That's super gross. I'm referring to the cast of course, not Hanley. What in God's name would someone do with that cast? If I made a bid on it, it would be for charity but I'd give away that cast.
  10. Ahhh, the social sciences. Taking something completely obvious, slapping a fancy name on it, and teaching college courses about it. :lol What's worse is that Sociology is my second major and our sociology honor society club shirt literally reads, "Painfully elaborating the obvious in a society near you...". Ugh thanks. That makes my degree seem really useful.
  11. Good decision to bench him. Give him time to reflect on his terrible start that has even got some of his own fans booing him. Come back stronger and start hitting. God I hate it when fans do this. Fine, boo him when you saw him walk after that ball last season but really? Booing him because he's in a slump? Booing him because he's in a massive slump is classless. Do people think he's doing it on purpose? He walks up to the plate 3-4 times a night and tries as hard as he can to find new ways to make an out? Booing him is not supportive and it's not telling him something he doesn't already know. This is rant is not directed at you Schnellders! It doesn't matter how hard he's trying. When players don't perform, they're hurting their team and they're paid to perform. You're paying to be there to watch him perform. Like I've said before, baseball isn't a picnic and these players aren't going to cry when they get booed. It shows that the fanbase cares and isn't just sitting there watching the little ball hit the little bat and make a little noise. I just think it's completely classless and unnecessary. What exact point are you trying to get across? You don't like that he's slumping? Well no sh*t slumps are part of the game and booing him isn't really going to solve anything (like Hanley suddenly starting to hit). To get Hanley to start hitting is going to take work not ignorant fans booing. At least if he were intentionally slacking off and you are booing expressing your displeasure at his work ethic (or something else along those lines) it would make some sense to me. What's even worse is that they're booing one of our most productive hitters over the last 5 years. To me it doesn't illustrate that the fans care. It illustrates a short memory and a need for immediate gratification without consideration of much else. It's like if St. Louis fans start booing Pujols for his early season slump (though to be fair he's had a longer history in the league with more production). It's completely idiotic in my opinion (of course I understand this is all opinion based and that neither of us is either right or wrong). I also want to point out 1) no one said big league players are going to start crying at getting booed and 2) You are paying to watch him perform and he is performing (even if it is poorly) so his portion of the contract is fulfilled. What's at issue is that he isn't performing to your expectations. For that matter I'll just go to every game and boo when JJ doesn't get a strike out of every batter he faces and boo when each player doesn't hit a HR at every AB. After all, I am paying to watch him perform.
  12. Miggy trade in retrospect.
  13. Good decision to bench him. Give him time to reflect on his terrible start that has even got some of his own fans booing him. Come back stronger and start hitting. God I hate it when fans do this. Fine, boo him when you saw him walk after that ball last season but really? Booing him because he's in a slump? Booing him because he's in a massive slump is classless. Do people think he's doing it on purpose? He walks up to the plate 3-4 times a night and tries as hard as he can to find new ways to make an out? Booing him is not supportive and it's not telling him something he doesn't already know. This is rant is not directed at you Schnellders!
  14. This game was freaking insane! I loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, I watched it on mute while studying for finals but when the left fielder missed that ball I went crazy! What a great game! =]
  15. The article says that if the Marlins traded Leo Nunez, the rest of the bullpen would fall apart due to lack of experience. Just convert Wes Helms to a closer. Problem solved :lol
  16. After a long day of taking finals I get to come home and settle down to NOT watch the game. No one cares about the Rays or Lightning (and I speak for everyone in Florida). What the hell is wrong with FSN/Sun Sports!?
  17. I feel like the only person not really amused with Brian Wilson's antics. Not hating on him as a ballplayer but I just don't really find him that funny. I still
  18. Should we be worried? We should be worried by the turn this thread has taken! :lol
  19. After reading more about JJ's start I have come to the realization that I would like to marry him. I can deal with bigamy when JJ has allowed only 10 hits on the season and 3 ER in 27 IP. Who are your other husbands? I don't have any single, lawschool, Marlins-fan friends you, unfortunately! That's what I get for going out-of-state, I guess. LOL I was referring to him being married. I'm ok with him having a wife if he continues to own hitters! =P Ugh law school! I start in the Fall and I still haven't decided where! How has your first year gone?
  20. After reading more about JJ's start I have come to the realization that I would like to marry him. I can deal with bigamy when JJ has allowed only 10 hits on the season and 3 ER in 27 IP.
  21. Activation isn't meaningless jargon. It's a part of sport sponsorship. That may well be (and if true they deserve it,) but "activation" may be the most opaque term I've ever heard in the way of meaningless jargon, and I've heard a lot of it over the last 50 years. And what about "sports sponsorship" needs "activating?" Something that one one-thousandth of one percent of the public has any familiarity with whatsoever? If he's got something to say to the general public, allegedly the purpose of the article, he should just say it. Clearly. Without resorting to meaningless jargon. Just to be clear, "jargon" is any language that is specific to a particular industry or profession. It usually amounts to a sort of short-hand understandable only to those who are intimately involved in that industry or discipline. What Samson said contained jargon at its finest, as in "activation." What the hell does that mean? Nobody outside of the minuscule, so-called "sports sponsorship" industry (to which Samson has now been exposed, even if only for a few hours) understands exactly what he means. Which defeats the entire purpose of his interview. Which was my original point. He needs to stop babbling. Since I don't feel like explaining it or typing out my Sports Marketing book; I just googled it for you. http://www.detroitchamber.com/membership/Marketing-Opportunities/Advertising/499-sponsorship-activation Yeah, maybe he should be more clear when speaking to the media (or stop babbling) or maybe he could have explained it but I'm sure to him activation must have all ready taken on a commonplace understanding.
  22. I didn't see it (followed it on gameday) and I vote for JJ for Fish of the Month. He's been ridiculous.
  23. Samson really needs to stop babbling. "What's attracting people to our ballpark, which makes me so excited about it being in Miami, is the fact we are in Miami. Huh? What will ultimately attract people to the park are things like its beauty, its novelty and a winning team, probably some combination of all of them with the emphasis on winning after the first year or two. The fact that it's in Miami is, well, just a fact and irrelevant. If by "people" he meant companies or sponsors, than he should just say so. Not that that would really have any more validity. And what is "activation?" Does he mean advertising? Does he mean various partnerships, perhaps baseball-related, perhaps not? Just say what you mean, man, lose the meaningless jargon. "For example, there is no more steel, so we're closing out that contractor. That means they've completed all of their work, they're paid and they are off the site. We're almost done with all the concrete, so that becomes finished." That's just silly. There are many, many, many tons of steel, both structural and sheathing, yet to go on the roof. Perhaps it's all delivered to the site, but an off-site steel fabricator was rarely on the site other than when their truck made a delivery. The steel contractor hanging all of that steel will still be around for months. As for concrete, they are nowhere near done. All of the lower field-level sections between the dugouts behind home plate and most of those on the right field line beyond the dugout have yet to be even started to be formed, never mind poured. It'll "become" finished in about 3 months. They can't even start what's left to do until they can withdraw the inside-the-stadium crane that's working on the roof. Why does he say this sort of goofy stuff for attribution? It makes him sound like a used-car salesman at worst, or just incompetent or out of his depth at best. Not that he is, but it would be nice if the main team spokesman for the stadium didn't sound like a moron. Activation isn't meaningless jargon. It's a part of sport sponsorship.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.