Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alejandrasnow

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by alejandrasnow

  1. I'm sure we'll make Yusmeiro Petit look like Greg Maddux the rest of the way. Agreed. I'm sure he'll have the best game of his career.
  2. Yay....let's lose to bad teams.... Bad teams that are on a hot streak are dangerous. yes but miller is pitching terrible right now. watch where baker sets up and where the ball ends up. 75% of the time its not even close. fastballs either way up or in the dirt. breaking balls in the dirt. leaving the change up in the zone. andrew miller you SUCK That's not my point. My point is that the DBacks are hot right now. I'm not discussing whether or not Miller is sharp tonight because he clearly isn't, my point is that the Diamondbacks have a 5 game winning streak and they are feeling really confident right now meaning that they are currently a dangerous team.
  3. So Hopper is warming up, right?
  4. Yay....let's lose to bad teams.... Bad teams that are on a hot streak are dangerous.
  5. That was just bad... did our players never learn the fundamentals?
  6. I'm not too confident about game 3 seeing as Volstad has been a little shaky.
  7. Sorry, I thought that was this year. In 06, he was a rookie. So, of course, we all didn't expect him to play that well. Hermida, however, has had chances and stil hasn't produced, except for in 2007. All I'm suggesting is a little Minor League time. It did wonders for Nolasco, maybe it could help Hermida. I don't like this argument. "Minor league time" isn't a cure-all for slumps and just because it helped Nolasco doesn't necessarily mean that it will help Hermida. Maybe Hermida just needs to play through this slump? I do understand the team is in a great position right now to lead the NL East and having Hermida struggle is not an ideal situation but just because he has struggled for two weeks (like someone mentioned earlier) I don't think he should be sent to the minors. How quickly we forget how well he was performing before June 14th. A trip down to the minors is quite a drastic move when Hermida hasn't been as terrible as some of our other players, in my opinion.
  8. Over extending yourself while throwing can injure your arm, or shoulder. However, it isn't the problem with spelling or Grammer. Try it out. Why don't you try it out. It's grammar. http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/grammer.html There is no need to unnecessarily be rude when he was simply asking a question.
  9. What about trying to make a move for him? I dont know about his contract situation so this might sound stupid but hes has 21 HR and has 54 RBI with 13 sb. yes hes batting .268 but hes still a solid 3rd basemen. just a thought what do you guys think? That could possibly be the most retarded suggestion I have ever heard. Reynolds has the most strikeouts in the National League. We don't need any more strikeouts. At least recently Bonifacio is making contact. Also Bonifacio has scored 10 runs in the last 8 games. He has hit in 8 straight. Reynolds is no better defensively as they each have made 13 errors. Plus. Bonifacio is much faster and we have enough power already. In the last couple of games you can't say in anyway that Bonifacio has hurt our team. Also, I don;t see you complaining for Uggla to be traded. Boni is hitting 26 points higher than Uggla. (.224 compared to .250) Bonifacio scored two runs (that one against Baltimore and the one tonight) that possibly nobody else in the league can score. LOL what? Perhaps if this thread were about Dan Uggla someone would be complaining about Uggla's lackluster season but this thread is about whether or not acquiring Mark Reynolds is a good investment on behalf of the Marlins. So unless you are suggesting Mark Reynolds play 2nd base, I don't see what Uggla has to do with this thread.
  10. hmmmmmm.......seems like not that long ago I was vilified for saying Hermida sucks and carroll should be starting.......Lets fast forward about 3 weeks or so and what do you know, they are now platooning (which by the way indicates the fact that Hermida sucks) and Caroll is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outplaying that scrub Hermida. Gonna have to say I look like the early winner on that one. Score: jerus9703 and the rest of the Hermida realists- 1 All of you bias marlin fans who cant objectively analyze marlins players (Hermida supporters)- 0 There are no winners here except the Marlins. We are all vying for our team to succeed so calling yourself the "winner" in an online argument only makes you seem like a tool. Just because Fredi is platooning Hermida with Carroll against LHP pitchers doesn't mean that Hermida sucks. That is a horrid argument. Fredi is trying to maximize his offensive production by getting the best out of a left/righty match up. Like when he puts Paulino in for Baker.
  11. Hanley for sure. I just heard on MLBNetwork that Hanley is the first SS to have a nine game RBI streak since Arky Vaughan in 1940. Hopefully he can get some more tomorrow and keep it going!
  12. I don't even know what this question is asking, can we win games? The pennant? The wild card? The WS? I'm going to assume you are referring to winning games and seeing as they've won 40 games with Boni playing most of them, I'll say yes. The Marlins can win with Bonifacio but I'm sure they could win more games with a better 3rd baseman.
  13. Hanley and Mezzy bromance. I wish I knew what they were doing.
  14. Walking Navarro was another one of the many questionable calls by Fredi Gonzalez. Today would have been a great game to win since it would've put us at first with the Phillies loss and the Mets currently losing.
  15. What are the chances the Marlins give him a long term deal and, assuming JJ remains consistent the rest of the season, what would be his estimated salary for next season? My guess is he could pull-off $7.5 million next year. I don't like the chances of a long-term deal. A few of my friends have told me that other teams have expressed interest in JJ... =/
  16. What are the chances the Marlins give him a long term deal and, assuming JJ remains consistent the rest of the season, what would be his estimated salary for next season?
  17. I voted 100 times but its ridiculous that they only let you vote 25 times.
  18. Well if you read Clark spencers article in the hearld " where will josh Johnson be in 2012" his agent believes josh should get a contract some where between what aj just got and cc. I sure all hell don't see the marlins shelling out that dough. I don't see the Marlins doing that but I'm kind of hoping for a long term contract, although I believe heard Samson say somewhere that the Marlins don't believe in giving long term contracts to pitchers.
  19. What happened to the 3 run bomb we always seems to get last year? I got distracted a lot watching this game but from what I saw miller was doing well just some unlucky breaks. miller was fine. a few unlucky breaks and a horrible ump are what hurt him. and our inability to provide run support. I'm sure the 0-15 with RISP didn't help him either.
  20. So our best player is upset and the fans turn on him? Hanley is about the only thing we have close to a superstar, plus he basically called out Fredi, who is hated on here. You'd think he'd get a little support. So we should automatically agree with Hanley's actions because he called out Fredi? I'm sure most here get annoyed with Fredi regarding some of his managerial decisions such as bull pen or lineup. Most people don't agree with Hanley and therefore it doesn't matter whether or not he called out Fredi.
  21. It really doesn't matter whether or not the reporters were baiting him. Hanley needs a lesson in public relations. If he had any issues with his teammate or his manager in regards to how his HBP was handled, it would've been best for him to address JJ and Fredi in person as opposed to the media. He simply could've said "No comment" and just spoken to Fredi afterwards. This isn't his first instance in utilizing the media to serve his own agenda as he did it during the offseason after throwing a tantrum about cutting his hair. JJ also had to cut his hair under the very same Marlins rule and yet he didn't wear a juvenile shirt graffitied with sharpie and profanity or demand to be traded.
  22. As of today, Hanley is still 2nd in the All-Star voting.
  23. jeremy Hermida is freaking amazing!
  24. we are barley going to make Not to mention corn, oats, soybeans and wheat. LOLOLOL I literally lol'd in real life. To the OP, for you and for the Marlins, I hope you win the 1,000.
  25. I'm doing the Marlins contest thing again this year...and so far have around 12,000 ballots filled out. And haven't turned them in yet, so that'll give Hanley a nice boost. Yay! I voted online!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.