Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

canefandynasty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by canefandynasty

  1. miggy is 2-3 with an RBI and threw out a runner.
  2. stanton sits out yet again
  3. per b-ref. Congrats Jose http://www.baseball-reference.com/
  4. Robert Jacob Brantly will be a household name in this league.
  5. Rob Brantly... dats all I gots to say
  6. Rob "Miggy" Brantly
  7. Not saying he will become that type of hitter, but his stance reminds me of a young Cabrera from the left side.
  8. Uh, yeah, he's not getting 20 million per at this stage of his career. I think 8/100-120 is fair-ish. So 15M a year is fairish by you, but 20M is too much. Plus we'd get an extra 2 years. Just give the man a contract befitting his ability. He deserves something over the norm. Well, he's absolutely not getting 20 million. I'm sorry, but he's too much of an "injury" risk to give him 20 million a year. 8 years/ 100 million is about 12.5 a year, and I'm sure it'll be back-loaded slightly. I hope you have no influence into the front office. The difference makes no sense. If you're going to offer 15M a year and make that commitment, then why not offer 20M, and again, just pray that he accepts. Well, that was rude. He's 22 years old. He's not getting 20 million a year. And I adjusted to 12 million a year, so 8 million difference really. And seriously? The difference between 15 million and 20 million to this FO is a big factor, let alone 12 million. That's an extra 80-100 million you want to give this guy for 2 years. He isn't the healthiest Marlins player we've ever seen either. Him and Reyes could conceivably be near 50% of our payroll. Stanton is a fantastic talent, but not worth 200 million dollars at such a young age. Would you offer Trout 200 million right now?
  9. 494 on Stanton's homer. uh oh, that means we should expect another day off.
  10. Austin Barnes needs some more love. I just hope he doesn't turn out like (dare I say) Coghlan. Look at their trajectory and age at different stages. It's eerily similar
  11. Stanton has a .400 wOBA and 151 wRC+. Miguel Cabrera had a .399 wOBA and 147 wRC+ at the same age.
  12. He was never in trade discussions. Never said he was
  13. Stanton is definitely a keeper. LMAO about Stanton being considered in trade discussions just 2 weeks ago. FO must've lost it.
  14. He is the only reason to watch the Marlins this season. I think José also is worth it, at least right now. I feel the same way for Ruggiano as I feel for Reyes. I think they can both be positive contributors to the team in the future. Only thing I'm scared for Reyes is that his UZR has been falling off over the years and he might be regressiing defensively.
  15. Yelich should be at least promoted to AA by now. Why is he still in Jupiter? Harper has been called up, Machado has now been called up, Profar has already been in AA, so why is Yelich still in Jupiter, esp. when he's raking there? His real test is Jacksonville. That is the seperator league.
  16. He is the only reason to watch the Marlins this season.
  17. LET'S GO BABY!
  18. Smolinski doing his thing
  19. Smolinski has certainly impressed tonight: 2-2 | HR | 3 R | 2 RBI | 3 BB 3B Zach Cox debut with the fish: 2-5 | 3 RBI | 2 K
  20. Let Stanton say in Jupiter. I want that #1. (jk for those w/o a sense of humor)
  21. Looking at the stats, I really love his BB to K numbers. Doesn't seem to have much speed, but maybe he could be a real nice #2 hitter in the future if those stats hold up. Or a #3/#5 if his power increases. He has a lot of doubles, I'd say the home run numbers could go up a little. Just went yard again tonight. He is on fire right now.
  22. Austin Barnes second half splits: 33 G | .362 AVG | .422 OBP | .645 SLG | 1.067 OPS Nice K/BB rate to go along w/ great defense at C/2B. Craig Biggio like. Seems to be he's more a second baseman than a catcher, but appears to have a really good arm nabbing almost 40% of runners in small sample sizes. Why doesn't he catch more...? Well he backstopped just yesterday right after the short delay. I think he can play both. But we have plenty of C prospects already as it is (Brantly, Realmuto, etc.)
  23. Austin Barnes second half splits: 33 G | .362 AVG | .422 OBP | .645 SLG | 1.067 OPS Nice K/BB rate to go along w/ great defense at C/2B.
  24. Stantons leading off tonight
  25. Who are the Marlins looking at in next years draft?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.