Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mephisto

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mephisto

  1. I agree. It could also be naturally progressing maturity for those guys, and also the influence of Al Leiter. 737173[/snapback] or the fact that they saw Pavano last year have an all-star year by being a student of the game although his stuff is no where near as good as theirs. So maybe that got them thinking: What if I did the same?
  2. You gotta be happy with Pedro. An amazing two starts. He's no Beckett, but good nonetheless 736705[/snapback] Pedro is a machine. 736726[/snapback] :lol :lol :lol :lol Funniest thing i've heard in weeks. 736736[/snapback] Who's the league leader in K's? 736747[/snapback] which starter has the best winning % in the majors, and the best era?
  3. All indications thus far are that he's going to break out this season. We don't need to base this entirely on the fact that he's hit 2 Grand Slams in the first week, but from the fact that he's been extremely patient at the plate and has gotten a fair number of walks. If you only swing at strikes you're going to live up to your talent. It's that simple. If he keeps being patient, .280-.300, 25-30hr, and 100-110 RBI are not out of the question. 736734[/snapback] I agree. I've being really impressed at how patient he has being so far. Sea bass has also improved his plate discipline.
  4. if the marlins dont get the stadium Im sure those other would give the marlins the stadium they want without asking the team for a penny.
  5. about the hit against Gagne: he got lucky even Cris Clapinski got lucky at times and managed to get an extra base hit. It happens he got lucky he got a good pitch from a pitcher who rarely makes mistakes and he got a good swing. But that one swing is not an excuse to have his fat ass on the team.
  6. Livan also got help from the ump
  7. I cant stand Lenny hes the defenition of a washed up player and its a complete wasted roster spot. Why on earth did the marlins let this team just so that he can reach his stupid milestone is beyond me.
  8. I see your point but losing these kind of games sucks. We cant afford to let good pitching go to waste. Our guys have got to start hitting with RISP
  9. IMO if Luis is not hitting second then Loduca should, but the offense woke up yesturday so it should be left alone for now. With Loduca hitting second would have a pefect hit and run combo at the top, but it could also mean more double plays.
  10. :marlins :plain :plain
  11. he said before the game, not after
  12. Mephisto replied to Michael's topic in Miami Marlins
    Sorry if this has been brought up 1 million times before but I thought I'd ask so here goes: If you think about it, this could be our line-up w/ DH: 1. Pierre CF 2. Castillo 2B 3. Cabrera 3B (he played pretty good there in the NLDS) 4. Delgado 1B 5. Lowell DH 6. Lo Duca C 7. Conine LF/Encarnacion RF 8. Encarnacion RF/Conine LF 9. Gonzalez SS Both Conine and Enc get to play, Cabs gets to play his original area.. And we don't have to worry about the pitcher getting injured while batting or being an automatic out (See Mark Redman in 2003) 730303[/snapback] Lowell is a gold glove third baseman i rather have him at 3rd. Cabs can split DH duties with Delgado, and Conine with him getting the majority of playing time as the DH. With that said I prefer the NL style of play, because its how baseball is supposed to be played.
  13. I thought he was great! He just asked Tommy too many questions but I guess thats understandable. 730229[/snapback] I agree. All those questions make it seem like he dosent know a thing about the game.
  14. Mephisto replied to Iowa's topic in Sports
    Wouldnt they have to pay the full salary no matter who he signed with?? Would the new team sign him for the minimum and Koch still gets his Blue Jays salary? 727703[/snapback] i think thats how it works.
  15. Guess we can't discount the Juan Pierre - roids rumors now. 727733[/snapback] Somehow I don't think Pierre's bunting ability is a result of steroids. 727741[/snapback] but im sure it can help his speed
  16. Mephisto replied to Skully's topic in Sports
    he remembers that day so well, he even remembers that team he was playing for....
  17. Left-handed starter Taylor Tankersley, the club's first-round pick in 2004, is out until mid- or late-May with shoulder tendinitis. Tankersley was projected to start the season at low Class A Greensboro. Credit: Flamarlins.com Hopefully this dosent become a problem in his development.
  18. I'am wondering if anyone here has had a problem like mine with their contact(s). I only need one for my left eye, but when i put it on my vision gets worse and is harder for me to read than without them. I have lazy eye by the way and my right eye is 20/20.
  19. i cant believe he gave up two years of free agency. Whos his agent?
  20. Edgar Renteria 723992[/snapback] he wasnt drafted was he? 723996[/snapback] no he wasnt
  21. I watched a couple NCAA Super Regional games last season with Vargas and Davis in it last year, and I must say Davis is a terrific defensive catcher, he just lacks power at this point, he's a pretty skinny guy, and if he puts on some muscle he could be very good. He seemed to be a good contact guy, but was basically just a singles hitter. Definitely someone I'll be keeping my eye on. 723975[/snapback] Hitters take time to mature. Im sure he hits his share of doubles because hes projected to develop above avg power. As he grows older those doubles should start becoming homers.
  22. i think the last one was kotsay
  23. Looks like Ben Howard is an Isotope this year 721530[/snapback] He'll be in good company. Bump, Wayne and Spooneybarger. 721564[/snapback] Spooney dosent belong in that group. Those guys got send down because they blew it their chance, while spooney is in there becasue he got hurt. 721570[/snapback] Yeah, Bump really blew his chance. That 0.00 ERA this spring really cost him. 721586[/snapback] omgbump he could be the next Nolan Ryan just like omgnunez last spring was to become the next Ruth

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.