Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

batato

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by batato

  1. 6K is too much. I wish it were less. I agree with this. Time to say NO. I will go to spring training games...rest will be on TV. Miggy, Sheffield, beckett, L.Hernandez, leiter and even lowell to a certain extent, all hurt to much. O' and lets not forget this last round including johnson : (
  2. i must say I can't dislike the team simply because Loria's still the owner. I still hope he goes at all cost. With that said... Yelich LF - WOW I am so impressed. This folks is a soon to be All Star. He even has the All Star attitude...he's very confident and knows he has the goods. His swing is real...natural hitter from what i saw. It wouldn't suprise me if he's rdy for the show by the end of Spring season. Marisnick CF - i'll pull for him Brantly C - hope he pans out...anythings better than buck Downs 2B - did nothing Mahoney 1B - 2 homers...my eyes are open Kearns DH - old timer game soon Coghlan RF - Just don't care for him...hope he's decent trade bait Green SS - 2 hits ok...but aren't you old? Joining Kearns in Old timers game soon enough (34 to me is old for a team like the Marlins going very young) Figgins 3B - total joke...This clowns error early in the game was because he tried to ham it up on the play....YEAH we need this!!! I recall a poor attitude from a guy called Hanley Ramirez . This guy needs to GO Sanabia SP - don't really know anything about him...but he no hit Mets for his couple of innings that's my 2 cents. I would love to see Yelich bat behind Staton
  3. as much as i love my fish...going to games in the extreme heat and possible rain nearly every day is a major factor.
  4. batato replied to Lefty's topic in Miami Marlins
    I didn't care for him at first, but he's growing on me. Great to have Tommy back in the booth... I hope tommy gets a 20 yr contract :notworthy
  5. I say JJ simply because he seems to be handling the game mentally better than the others...but i do agree with most that big O has great stuff.
  6. Man you can count on D-Train to put a smile on your face with his enthusiam... Amezaga is quickly becoming one of my favorites as well...kinda reminds me of Pierre's work ethics. Great Game! A treat for sure
  7. Great pics as always. Loved the "Need a stadim!" signs. Great job, TW :notworthy Instant Classic thanks for posting the pics...enjoyed viewing them
  8. He can be the next Mike (Red)...Give him a 10 yr contract for 3 mill. That'll do
  9. I've learned to never question Joe Girardi.. from pitching moves to having Cody Ross hit cleanup, it's all worked for him.. He is quickly becoming my favorite manager ever..... Agreed :thumbup
  10. Well after reading the article i like the kid even more. Always great to see a hard working kid do great. I was so frustrated with the likes of Encarnacion and Alex G last year with their "I don't care attitudes"
  11. I spoke with a buddy of mine who is handling these matters directly just this past Thursday. There is currently brewing a dispute between DCA and Miami-Dade on the proper interpretation of the Capital Improvement Element and Future Land Use Map portions of the Miami-Dade Comprehensive Plan when it comes to water use. That is the crux of the dispute. There is nothing "personal" against Miami-Dade on the part of DCA. This will wind its way, but it's going to take some considerable amount of time. I've said this here repeatedly, the amount of hurdles to cross to get this thing developed are significant. First the UDB was moved. Now there must be a land use change in order to accommodate the stadium. Next will come the actual approvals for the stadium itself and that is going to constitute a DRI (Development of Regional Impact) which will involve review by numerous local, regional, and state agencies. Lastly, as a viewer of the "big picture," I want state government to oversee what local governments are doing. Growth Management in the State of Florida is a big joke! I know most of you here are thinking with your hearts and not your brains, but there must be oversight to prevent uncontrolled sprawl in this state. Just look at the disaster that is Western Broward, Southwestern Miami-Dade, and, in the future, the western portions of Palm Beach County (not to mention Orlando, Southwest Florida, and the Bay Area). Uncontrolled growth is BAD. There must be a controlled plan to accommodate growth in conjunction with the environmental resources out there. Okay, I'm off my soap box now. Funny all these hurdles and no mention of the most important detail "MONEY"
  12. I remember when the Cards where considered a small ball team. That lasted for years. The fish for the most part (especially since Louie came aboard) where considered a small ball team with some pop in the lineup. I like pitchers park for this reason and because i'm tired of these ridiculous stadiums poping up (SD, PHILLY, Houston)...where anything over 1st base or 3rd base is a Homer. LOL whats going on with that LF wall in Houston...thats just not baseball Announcer: " pop up over 3rd base...OH wait it's GONE!!!"
  13. I'll be the first to admit that I was sooo wrong for thinking these kids couldn't win much more than 50 games this season...but this fool is an "F" as a sports writer. F = Fag just look at his photo and tell me i'm wrong about this
  14. Hey if i catch #716...just give me 10k I'll put a nice 10k down payment on a harley and be happy!
  15. yes, I love watching rookies who have hardly pitched in the majors at all get thrown into a win-lose pressure packed situation in the 9th inning....yes, that is the answer !!!!!!!!!!! Granted, i'm not sure what can really be done at this point, but throwing some of our prized prospects out there in the 9th inning of a 1 run game seems a little riskey to me, a pitchers confidence at that age is very fickle. Yep, this could be permanently damaging to the young men. At this point Logan Kensing has no confidence, you know next time he'll only be thinking of this. This BS is not making these guys hungry, its only depressing them. Kensing is going to get drunk tonight. His teamates aren't going to speak to him. Joe will play like he's pissed off at him. He losses confidence. On the bright side...the team isn't paying him a whole lot :thumbup
  16. nice friend he has. Guess he couldn't find a better way to spend 15K?
  17. Thank you Jeff Loria Loria is going to shock fans and get a real closer next week!!! :whistle
  18. at least they are showing consistency
  19. keep in mind Bernie has been with the yanks since he was a pup. Yes they wouldn't mind departing with him now that he's what 90 years old. but cabs and willis aren't even near 30 years old. That said...with the payroll cut to 15 mill...they could pay market price to keep both of them. If not what are we hoping for? That these rookies turn out to be like Cab...JUST so we can trade them? Then why hope Hanley becomes a star?
  20. TRADE WILLIS??? TRADE CABS??? what are we talking about? How is this even a consideration? Most teams have certain players that they will not trade period. Maybe we can offer Olson and Jacobs plus a few million to the Cards for Albert. The cards would just say...he's not for trade!!! Don't we think Cabs and D-Train are just as valuable to us??? What next? We should hope Hanley becomes a major star so we can trade him for other less quality rookies? ACK! Yankees- Bernie Williams, Derek Jeter, Posada Phillies - Bobby Abrue Atlanta - Chipper, Smoltz Tampa - Toby Hall, Huff Mets - Cliff Floyd (a gift from us) SD - Kahlil Green St Louis - Albert (can you imagine asking the cards for this player HA!) Mil - Jenkins Houston - Biggio, Bagwell Mariners - Ichiro
  21. Willis and Cabs go...you guys will be happy to know I won't be on these boards anymore! Cause I won't be a fish fan! I endured this raping that other teams have done to our fish...but to complete the job by taking our Cabs (YES WHO IS STILL A BABY) and D-Train (another Kid)........ What's next???? We hope Hanley turns out to be a Star only to TRADE HIM!!!!!!!!!!
  22. what gets me mad is that they could have just spent an extra $5 mil or so and build a major-league caliber bullpen and this team would have been.....gasp.....competitive. we've been in so many close games that this horrendous bullpen has blown in the late stages. starting pitching has been erratic - but at least most of the starters hold promise for the future. willis, olsen, vargas, mitre, nolasco, etc. have all been inconsistent, but you can deal with it because their future is bright. offense is also showing flashes of brilliance - especially uggla, ramirez and cabrera. willingham started off strong, although he's scuffling now. and all that is without arguably our most promising youngster aside from cabrera. with the bullpen - you have clowns like matt herpes, joe borowski, todd wellemeyer, franklyn german, who are all waiver wire fodder blowing games and that's frustrating as hell to me. if they went out there and just got one or two guys who could pitch at this level and hold the lead for the starters you'd have a much better atmosphere in the lockeroom and a much better learning experience. instead, these kids must deal with the horrendous record and constant feeling of losing. Realistically, who could have EVER believed that these kids would score more than 2 or 3 runs a game? I know I didn't. I am VERY IMPRESSED with the AB's so far. By a Long Shot! With that said...NOW that we see these kids can actually hit....YES it is worth spending a few bucks on relievers. But to say they should have done this from day one...well I don't think it would have been a very wise move.
  23. cant blame joe...Joe doesn't have Alfonzo, Benitez or anyone for that matter. Gotta make do with minors
  24. batato replied to batato's topic in Miami Marlins
    Give me some of those Cuban pitchers and I am happy as hell. The Mexicans also have very good pitching. I'll take the Entire Cuban team for that matter! But we know they are under country arrest lol. But frankly I was very impressed with a lot of the talent showcased during that series. It proved that the Majors is not the only place to find talent these days. I just wish our fish would go get some help from that pool. I'm sure some other teams have already dipped their hands in that water.
  25. batato posted a topic in Miami Marlins
    I don't know about you guys. But there seemed to be some decent pitchers in that WBC that are probably delivering mail at this time. Some of them Mexican, Canadian and even Korean arms looked quite better than what we currently have. Anyone know if most these cats are tied up in the Japan league or are avail?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.