Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fauowls44

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fauowls44

  1. fauowls44 replied to Libelula's topic in Sports
    No way he deals Doleac. That would mean that without Shaq, our 2nd Center off the bench is Earl Barron. I loved watching him last night but he's not ready. It's like his hands were covered in butter or something. With the rumors about Posey and Walker getting dealt, I see one of them going since Wright and Kapono (Both Small Forwards) have looked real good. The obvious preference would be to trade Walker, but given his contract it would be difficult to trade him for just a back up PG. He could be used in a larger trade, but we'd have to take on another team's bad contract. Posey would be a lot more attractive for other teams given his defense and expiring contract, but I can't see the Heat moving him for a back up PG. I personally wouldn't trade him given his 3 point accuracy unless it was for someone like Maggette. I'm thinking that if a trade is made it will be something small like Anderson for Gerald Fitch last year. Jason Hart isn't getting any playing time in Sacramento and Steve Blake is getting limited minutes with the Bucks. I believe those are two guys that the Riley has liked in the past. So maybe something small can be worked out there. Given Payton's age and the constant uncertainty with JWill's knee, i'm willing to try anything at PG, so long as it isn't Anthony Carter. One other thing that could be interesting could be the Iverson trade. I'm not suggesting that the Heat trade for AI, but perhaps if another team needs a 3rd part to make a deal work, maybe we can get involved. Perhaps the Heat could dump Walker on someone to help match salaries for another team in return for an upgrade at PG or another area. Probably won't happen, but if Philly really is desperate to move AI, it could be something for the Heat to look into.
  2. fauowls44 replied to Libelula's topic in Sports
    this is really bad...like watching Hite and Quinn get minutes though. At least Riley admitted that it is time to address the PG situation. He says that they will look to add a point guard in the coming week. This will be interesting to see what happens. There is not much in the way of free agent options. I guess the top free agent PGs available are Milt Palacio, Howard Eisley, and Anthony Carter. There might be some trade options out there(Steve Blake, Jason Hart, Dan Dickau, Earl Watson, etc.) but i'm not sure what we'd have to give up. I think i'd be willing to move Doleac or Simien, but not Kapono.
  3. Would have loved to take a flier on Hamilton, especially with him being Dan Jennings' boy and all He may have been who the Marlins were targeting. On the MLB Radio coverage of the draft, they said afterward that there were rumors that the Marlins were going to do something "outside-the-box".
  4. From the Baseball America Rule 5 Blog: "The Orioles once had high hopes for Lorenzo Scott, whose name was announced incorrectly during the third round of the Triple-A phase as Scott Lorenzo by the Marlins when they selected him. They corrected themselves and get to keep the pick. Scott was a football player as well as baseball player at Ball State but hasn't translated his athletic ability to production with the Orioles, hence his availability. Even though he's listed at 6-foot-3, 210 pounds, Scott has hit just 10 homers in 866 professional at-bats. The 24-year-old did have his best season since his Rookie-level debut, hitting .258/.367/.353 in 2006 at low Class A Delmarva. He also stole 29 bases in 39 attempts. The Marlins always have liked athletes who need polish, and with the graduation of so many rookies to their big league roster last year, their farm system had holes to fill and room for a raw, toolsy player such as Scott. He might bear watching."
  5. Cristhian Martinez, rhp, Tigers BIO Thanks :thumbup I missed the pick when happened (on the phone) and from then all I heard was his last name. Good thing we picked up another pitcher. lol. Actually, not knowing a thing about him, at first glance his stats look pretty good. I really wonder which one of the picks that were already taken by their turn came around was their original choice? Maybe Ramp will know. My guess is the catcher from the Mets that the Nationals selected since he was mentioned in the article on the Marlins web site. AAA Josh LaBandeira, another middle infielder, to the marlins LaBandeira hit .276 last season with New Orleans (AAA) in the PCL; had 17 2Bs, 3 HRs, 44 RBI; 37-52 BB-K ratio; Graduate of Fresno State; 27 years old.... BIO I actually remember him playing against the Marlins. He was a Sept. call up by the Expos a few years ago. I don't know if that makes me sad that this is the information that I retain or if it just means I have a good memory.
  6. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-120...la-sports-front Panthers' Nieuwendyk announces retirement By Steve Gorten South Florida Sun-Sentinel Posted December 6 2006, 1:54 PM EST Panthers center Joe Nieuwendyk announced his retirement Wednesday, saying that he had no choice but to follow doctor's recommendations to stop playing because of back problems. Nieuwendyk, 40, in his twentieth NHL season, played in just 15 of the team's first 29 games, because of injuries. He visited a back specialist in Cleveland last Friday. "I have the reached the stage where structurally my back isn't going to get any better. It's not the way I intended it, but I have to be realistic as well, " Nieuwendyk said. Nieuwendyk informed his teammates of his decision in what he described as a "pretty emotional meeting" before practice Wednesday.
  7. From sources like Ken Rosenthal and MLB.com, here are some possible transactions the Marlins may make. 1. Marlins Get: CF Rocco Baldelli Devil Rays Get: SP Ricky Nolasco and SP Sergio Mitre The Devil Rays have long been scouting these starters and now is their chance to get two much needed, developing starters. The Marlins need a centerfielder with a friendly contract and Baldelli serves that role and much more. DO THE DEAL! 2. Marlins sign RP Dan Kolb to a 1 year contract worth $500,000. Dan Kolb has reportedly (foxsports.com) shown strong interest in resurrecting his career in pitcher-friendly Dolphin Stadium and would take a cheap contract to sign with the Marlins. 3. Marlins trade OF Joe Borchard to the Braves for OF Ryan Langerhans. He fits the description of what the Marlins are about. Langerhans is a very good outfielder who will provide us with a backup to Hermida. Why would the Braves want Joe Borchard?
  8. The last two seasons Kolb has 12 saves and 9 blown saves with a WHIP of 1.70. This is NOT the closer we want. A soft-tosser with bad control. How have our division rivals done against Kolb the past three seasons? vs. Braves: .364 average against vs. Mets .342 vs. Phillies .225 vs. Nats .321 Kolb's history @ Dolphins Stadium .320 Despite those numbers, i'd still take a chance on him. Joe Borowski's numbers were pretty ugly the two previous seasons prior to his time here too. If he comes cheap enough, why not?
  9. Can someone with a subscription to Baseball America post the Rule 5 preview that they have on their site? Thanks!
  10. I was at the hockey game (why? I don't know....I'm coming to grips with the fact that the Panthers organization is so screwed up they will not win until major changes take place. But that is besides the point) and was watching the score on my phone. The Heat were up 22 at one point. Memphis didn't really have any right to be in that game, but to their credit hung around and made it close. I heard the Posey three on the radio and just saw the replay. Awesome shot, hopefully this will be a spark. Could be on a five game winning streak if they had gotten wins in close games against Orlando and Detroit. Oh well....Let's get this season turned around.
  11. The Hawk deserves to get in, but it probably won't happen this year.
  12. fauowls44 replied to The Fan's topic in Sports
    I just hope they don't do anything drastic. Wade has his help but they're all hurt. Starting PG, starting C, and 6th man are all injured. Let's just wait a while. What do you mean by drastic? I agree with you that you can't really read too much into this losing streak with the team missing so many key components, but I think even when healthy, they do need to do something to address the PG position. Right now, they can't depend on Williams being able to play every night and Payton is looking like he's no more than a 10 minute per game player. I'm not sure what it would take, but they need to get a younger, more reliable PG on the roster. Earl Watson fits that description, and there was interest in him by Riley in the past, but i'm not sure what we'd need to give up to get him.
  13. fauowls44 replied to The Fan's topic in Sports
    I thought the Heat played a ton better tonight than they'd been playing, but they are just so, so bad when Dwyane is not on the floor. Dwyane played 42 minutes tonight, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Heat lost by 15 or so in the 6 minutes that he was not on the floor. You can take the 2 minutes he sat out to open the 4th quarter where the Magic went on a 9-0 run, and you're already more than halfway there. In general, the starting 5 worked pretty well together. Antoine Walker continues to be absolutely abominable. The score with Wade not on the court was 19-2. Absolutely awful. To start the 4th, the Heat went with a lineup of Walker, Barron, Payton, Doleac, and I want to say Kapono. Not suprisingly, the Magic went on a 9-0 run. Payton and Walker are KILLING the Heat right now. When Posey returns, I wouldn't be shocked if Walker barely gets off the bench for a while. As for Payton, at least Riley has acknowledged that he is actively looking for another PG. The biggest mistake this team made was to not sure up the PG position in the offseason, especially knowing that Williams would be coming off of knee surgery and an already old Payton another year older. Wade can play the point, but they are already relying on him entirely too much right now. As for the positives, I did think the Heat showed improvement tonight playing short-handed against a good Magic team, and the young players played well. Dorrell is going to be awesome when his shot becomes a little more consistant. He has a good stroke, but sometimes he looks like he thinks too much before he shoots. When he just lets it go, like on the last second 3 that didn't count, he's a lot more successful. Still he played good D and was very active. He's reminding me a lot of Tayshaun Prince. Kapono can be very useful if he can continue to knock down open shots. Once Posey is healthy, he should be very dangerous off of the bench.
  14. fauowls44 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Missed the show tonight....anything funny? It was probably the funniest episode of the show I have ever seen. Watch it online at cbs.com.
  15. I know absolutely nothing about any of the relievers the Marlins are getting in return, but I do like that we are at least attempting to fill a glaring need. Vargas just looked completely lost last year and even if he figures it out, he wasn't making this rotation. Resop, while still young, was given several chances at the Major League level and could not stick. Gregg at least has proven he can pitch effectively in the Majors. I also like his K-rate a lot. Plus, Beinfest has earned the benefit of the doubt on these trades...he did alright identifying talent last offseason. :thumbup Hopefully, a CF is coming soon.
  16. They'll get him a win before the seasons end.. two more games They better. Go Golden Panthers! Sorry, but the Owls are out for revenge! GO OWLS!
  17. Randy Shannon is the SHIAT!!!! Mr. Stork, dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you! and YES, i said STORK, not STROCK! Why is the term Stork an insult???
  18. The Foo Fighters was one of the best concerts I have even been to, so i'm sure the album is great.
  19. fauowls44 replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    It's got to be AJ Burnett. In the history of the Marlins, he might have been the most talented pitcher, but he seemed to contribute so little towards winning. Others listed like Beckett, Lowell, Conine, CJ, all had a hand in winning a championship. I would also say Lo Duca is a good second choice.
  20. I haven't heard that anywhere, but he could fill the Wes Helms role if Wes heads elsewhere.
  21. On the Az Republic website, they asked for fan reaction and the large majority of the Diamond Back fans hate the new look. Although overall, it just seems that they don't like the new management team in place and are against anything they do. I really like the sleeve patch with the "db" snake head. They should use that on their hats.
  22. http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp...sp&c_id=ari The purple and teal are gone in favor of "sedona red", sand, and black. I like the colors a lot better, but am not a fan of the text on the front. The road unis are pretty nice, though.
  23. :loser Tom Lee Haha...I've never been happier voting against someone.
  24. I voted early. Gov. -- Charlie Crist Sen. -- Bill Nelson Rep. -- Mark Foley (Joe Negron) Florida CFO -- Alex Sink Amendment 1 -- NO Amendment 3 -- NO Amendment 4 -- NO Amendment 6 -- YES Amendment 7 -- YES Amendment 8 -- NO How good did it feel voting against Tom Lee? I enjoyed that so much, I want to go vote again!
  25. Any of those CFs mentioned would be a huge upgrade from our current situation. Dangling Jacobs would be an interesting move. It would create a hole at 1st, although i'm not totally against trying to lure Helms back with the guarantee of a starting job.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.