Everything posted by fauowls44
-
Endy Chavez signs with Mets
I'm glad we didn't try. A terrible average and .562 OPS. No thanks.
-
Marlins hire coaching staff
Here is the press release: Link
-
Marlins hire coaching staff
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Florida Marlins - Named Gary Tuck bench coach, Jim Presley hitting coach, Rick Kranitz pitching coach, Perry Hill first base coach, Bobby Meacham third base coach, Mike Harkey bullpen coach and Pierre Arsenault bullpen coordinator. Link
-
Gathright update
I would think that the Dodgers may be out of it now that they've signed Lofton.
-
Promotion Email
Willis and Pierre were mentioned because it was announced they would represent the US in the World Baseball Classic. The two topics are seperate....there are holiday packs AND Willis and Pierre are on the world stage.
-
Down to One
If you are going to do something, you may as well go all the way. Trade Pierre and Villone and take it from there. Hopefully, some of these pitching prospects are flipped to fill some holes.
-
Marlins Notes
whoa... Arizona. You'd have to think that a deal with Arizona at least includes Chris Snyder. They have some young MLB ready infielders as well.
-
Marlins Notes
Here are the Marlins related parts of the latest Peter Gammons column on ESPN.com DEALIN' D-BACKS The White Sox said they were interested in Vazquez, but the Diamondbacks wanted to tie Glaus to him. Baltimore had interest in Glaus, but Arizona continues to ask for Eric Bedard, whom the O's feel is a future No. 1 starter. Two GMs on Saturday insisted Arizona's acquisition of Lo Duca from the Marlins is essentially done. TWIN KILLING One AL GM felt the Marlins did very well getting Travis Bowyer for Luis Castillo, whose speed (stealing 10-of-17 attempts is unacceptable) and offensive skills have declined. Bowyer can be a big-league closer with better command. They know what they're doing. Good to hear something positive about the Castillo deal.
-
Newest Lo Duca update
How do you feel, Marlins2003? :thumbup Lousy, just like everyone. The difference between you and I is that I accept what's happening. I'm not in denial. For me, I just want it to be over. The sooner it's over the sooner the team rebuilds. Like I said, if you guys want to tar and feather me because you need a fallguy, be my guest. I'm with you 2003. I don't necessarily like what the team is doing, but I can understand it. You can either give up on the team and wash your hands of the whole thing, or you can accept it and move on. I can live with the trade of any player so long as what they get in return makes sense. Get good value for Lo Duca and Pierre and i'll be OK with it. But, I agree, just get it over with already. The sooner that happens, the faster this can hopefully turn around.
-
Newest Lo Duca update
One minor leaguer? Lo Duca is the equivalent to one minor leaguer not named Lastings Milledge? This is ridiculous. According to the NY Daily News, the player would be either 2B Anderson Hernandez or OF Victor Diaz. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...5p-316059c.html Either player would be OK with me. Both would have a chance to start here.
-
Mets and Marlins in "very serious" talks regarding LoDuca
O' please anyone except the Mets. We have all their worthy prospects. I'll take Heilman. I think they also have a young 2nd baseman we may be interested in.
-
A few questions if you don't mind
OF- Hermida is going to win ROY. I think he and Francoeur will be linked together like Jeter/A-rod were for so many years, when they were both playing SS. I hope so- I think he'll do fine in the field, but, other than his two homers, he seemed just average at the plate. I'm sure he'll improve with time. You weren't impressed with Hermida?? He had 4 homers, 11 RBI and an OPS of over 1.000 albeit in a small sample size (41AB's). Pretty encouraging if you ask me.
-
Rotoworld's Take on Delgado Trade
Carlos Delgado - 1B - Mets Mets acquired 1B Carlos Delgado and cash from the Marlins for RHP Yusmeiro Petit, 1B Mike Jacobs and 3B Grant Psomas. Reports indicate the Marlins are paying $7 million of the $48 million that Delgado is still owed. Delgado is believed to be pleased with the deal, but he will have the right to demand a trade after next season. That he could forfeit $34.5 million by doing so makes it unlikely that he'd follow through with any demand. Delgado is going from one pitcher's park to another, so his fantasy value doesn't change much. He'll likely bat either third or fourth in the Mets' lineup, with David Wright occupying the other spot. It might actually be best if he hits cleanup, considering just how poor Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran were at getting on base last season. Nov. 24 - 7:43 pm et Yusmeiro Petit - S - Marlins Marlins acquired RHP Yusmeiro Petit, 1B Mike Jacobs and 3B Grant Psomas from the Mets for 1B Carlos Delgado and cash. Psomas' inclusion makes this even better for the Marlins. The 2004 15th-round pick hit .300/.403/.551 in 350 AB for low Single-A Hagerstown and .305/.383/.415 in 118 AB for Single-A St. Lucie last season. He ranked somewhere between 10th and 15th amongst Mets prospects. Petit remains the top property in the deal. He could probably use a half season in Triple-A, but the Marlins are likely to let him compete for a rotation spot in spring training. While immediate success may not come, he projects as a long-term No. 3 starter. Nov. 24 - 7:39 pm et Mike Jacobs - 1B - Marlins First baseman Mike Jacobs was traded from the Mets to the Marlins in a four-player deal. Even if the Marlins trade Paul Lo Duca, it's expected that they'll leave Jacobs at first base and give him the starting job against right-handers. Expectations may be too high after he hit .310/.375/.710 with 11 HR in 100 AB last season, but he could hit .280 with 20-25 homers in 450-500 at-bats. If he opens the year batting fourth or fifth, $12 wouldn't be too much to spend. Nov. 24 - 7:33 pm et
-
Marlins said no to Lastings Milledge....
Maybe the Marlins at the time were in talks to bring in a stud CF in another trade? The Palm Beach Post does mention that the Marlins have been talking to the D-Rays about Joey Gathright. Other than that, I did read that there is some scouts who are unsure about just how good Milledge is, although the same can be said about Petit or any prospect.
-
How YOU can help the Marlins stay in Florida
You know the only thing that fans can do that will make any sort of difference? Buy tickets and go to the games. I do not think that MLB wants to lose this market, but the fans (or lack there of) are giving them an easy out.
-
Rotoworld's take
ESPN's Peter Gammons is reporting that the Red Sox will acquire Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell from the Marlins for Hanley Ramirez, Anibal Sanchez and a player to be named. If only Beckett could be counted on to throw 200 innings, it might be worth it for the Red Sox. As is, with Lowell's salary included and two of the 50-best prospects in baseball being surrendered, it's probably too much to pay. The Red Sox should try to spin Lowell on to another team, though they'll have to eat maybe half of the $18 million he's owed over the next two years. The Twins are believed to be interested.
-
Click here if you got tried of watching the Marlins the last couple of
I agree with Shadow on this one...watching the team the last two years, I had the same feeling. Something only works so long in baseball before change is needed. Trading Peirre, if they plan on keeping Castillo makes sense. Do we really need one of the two batting seventh? How many of us will truly miss the Mike Lowell of the past year and a half? Anyone want to watch more Encarnacion, Gonzalez (although I think his defense will be missed should he not return)? I have no problem at all with major changes. While I don't want to trade away Beckett or Delgado, as long as the trade bring in players who will be ready to step in and contribute, I will be fine with it. I also think a lot of people are underestimating Hank Blalock. He had a down year last year, but is still a very good hitter. His problem was that he tried to hit everything out of the park last year instead of being the line drive hitter he is. If he can return to that form, he'd likely be a nice fit in DS.
-
Billy the Marlin's real name.....
That isn't a picture of the "Billy" John DeCicco. John used to be a Marlins sales rep, and he's a lot younger than that guy.
-
We got him
Girardi set to become next Marlins manager BY CLARK SPENCER cspencer@herald.com Joe Girardi is ''very close'' to reaching an agreement to become the Marlins' next manager, according to sources close to the negotiations. An announcement could be made later today. Sources said Girardi, 41, has made up his mind to take the job. CBS-4 also is reporting that Girardi will be the next Marlins manager. Girardi, who has no managing experience, spent the past season serving as bench coach for the New York Yankees under manager Joe Torre. He was one of more than a half-dozen candidates to interview with the Marlins. Girardi also interviewed with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who are conducting their own manager search. Girardi would replace Jack McKeon, who stepped down at the end of the season.
-
We got him
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12942732.htm
-
Tuesday's Sun-Sentinel/PBPost/Herald Managerial Updates
So Freddi is pretty much out of the running, huh? Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed in that... Where does it say that?
-
Do we really want Alex Gonzalez back?
Royce Clayton?? No thanks, unless he comes really cheap and Alex is really, really expensive. If we don't resign Alex, I'd much rather sign Easley and let him start for a year with Andino or Wilson backing him up. I do believe that Alex has a good chance of returning after his injury to end the year and his decline in power numbers. I think this lineup can sustain having a weak hitting shortstop if they add another bat elsewhere or Lowell returns and hits like he did 2 years ago (that is a HUGE if). But if A-gon does get a big offer next year, just give me Easley and the young guys instead of Clayton.
-
UM to wear throwbacks
Between the years of 1965-1967 according to the Helmet Project website . By the way, this is a great site, not sure anyone has posted it before.... http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/
-
The 5 Stages of Greif
Dontrelle winning the Cy Young would get me to 5 a lot faster.
-
Payton to sign with Heat today!
2004 Lakers Part II The Remix! Totally agree. Pat Riley is just setting this team up for a major disappointment. Yes, having a lot of good players is always such a bad thing. I'm tired of these 2004 Lakers comparisons. First of all...why is that such a negative thing? That team didn't lose to the Pistons because it had too much talent. It went to the finals and was derailed by injuries and a selfish shooting guard. And second, this Heat team is a lot deeper than that Lakers team.