I think the spark is back...

Wild Card

Beating Oswalt was a huge spark for us tonight. Lowell homering twice was a big spark tonight. Beckett with a fantasitc outing was a big spark tonight. Armando Benitez continuing to be the best reliver in baseball (that's right, THE best) was a big spark for us tonight.

Juan Pierre caught that ball in center kinda like he did in Yankee stadium. Jumping with anticipation to greet his teamates after being victorious. It just seemed like tonight sparked SOMETHING.

Guest Juanky

Well, yesterday I said in Ed's thread that we needed the starting pitching to return to dominance, the rest of the team fueled itself from that. Josh sat down the first ten, and by the time the Stros got on base for the first time Mikey and Co had hung a nice big three on the scoreboard next to the Houston 0. We didn't really get a look at a part of the pen that has been shaky, but Big Poppa walked right in to get Beckett out of a jam.

The rest of the team loves it when the starters put up great performances, and tonight was no exception. They don't want to let those starters down, and the results were right in front of you today.

Let's keep it up.

The Good

*Nice to see the old Beckett back in teal. Hopefully he could carry that on the road.

*Castillo woke up :D Will Jack leave him in the lead off spot, so he gets more confidence back in his swing.

*Choi had some good swing tonight.

*AB is such a different player than he was with the Mets, its amazing how well you can play when your loved and wanted.

* Lowell was awesome, but.............

The Bad

* Lenny is not the answer

* Lowell can't carry the team every night

I'll leave it right there, a good win tonight, but are problems are still there. An RBI guy is need on this team so bad :confused

The Good

*Nice to see the old Beckett back in teal. Hopefully he could carry that on the road.

*Castillo woke up :D Will Jack leave him in the lead off spot, so he gets more confidence back in his swing.

*AB is such a different player than he was with the Mets, its amazing how well you can play when your loved and wanted.

The Bad

I'll leave it right there, a good win tonight, but are problems are still there. An RBI guy is need on this team so bad :confused

I don't htink you've noticed that not everyone is performing the way they should and can. Not Louie, Cabs, Choi, or Conine. Wait 'til all the bats get hot and you won't even be remembering this post. Our team is good enough, they just need to get it going.

The Good

The Bad

I don't htink you've noticed that not everyone is performing the way they should and can. Not Louie, Cabs, Choi, or Conine. Wait 'til all the bats get hot and you won't even be remembering this post. Our team is good enough, they just need to get it going. An RBI guy?? what are you smoking dude???? see lowell, Cabs. I can't get tired enough of saying that we have one of the best lineups in the NL, and as others have said, once they get HOT, there will be NO stopping the fish!

I haven't seen many comments about it......

But I believe Lenny Harris' single in the 5th was the biggest contribution to creating a spark for us.

Sure Lowell two solo HRs were nice, but Lenny salvaged a bases loaded, no out situation to get some runs home. Had he not hit, it would have been another big letdown for us, and the momentum would have definitely shifted back to the Astros

The Good

*Castillo woke up :D ? Will Jack leave him in the lead off spot, so he gets more confidence back in his swing.

The Bad

I don't htink you've noticed that not everyone is performing the way they should and can. Not Louie, Cabs, Choi, or Conine. Wait 'til all the bats get hot and you won't even be remembering this post. Our team is good enough, they just need to get it going. An RBI guy?? what are you smoking dude???? see lowell, Cabs. I can't get tired enough of saying that we have one of the best lineups in the NL, and as others have said, once they get HOT, there will be NO stopping the fish! Listen pal your the one smoking something to think we have one of the best line-up in the NL. Its good but one of the best... I don't think so. The top of our order(top 4 hitter) match up with the best of them, but overall no way.

...AND Yes we need another big bat in the line-up

Also what makes you so sure this isn't the real Marlins? Niner isn't getting any younger and there'll come a point in time when he won't be an everyday player. Castro hasn't proven anything other than being a good pinch hitter(basically a good fastball hitter). Gonzo is Gonzo. Choi and Miggy are really rookies learning the NL. So please show me this great team you speak of? Look I'm not trying to put a downer on everything, but alot question are still unanswered. Can they afford to wait for those answers?

The Good

The Bad

I don't htink you've noticed that not everyone is performing the way they should and can. Not Louie, Cabs, Choi, or Conine. Wait 'til all the bats get hot and you won't even be remembering this post. Our team is good enough, they just need to get it going. An RBI guy?? what are you smoking dude???? see lowell, Cabs. I can't get tired enough of saying that we have one of the best lineups in the NL, and as others have said, once they get HOT, there will be NO stopping the fish! Listen pal your the one smoking something to think we have one of the best line-up in the NL. Its good but one of the best... I don't think so. The top of our order(top 4 hitter) match up with the best of them, but overall no way.

...AND Yes we need another big bat in the line-up

Also what makes you so sure this isn't the real Marlins? Niner isn't getting any younger and there'll come a point in time when he won't be an everyday player. Castro hasn't proven anything other than being a good pinch hitter(basically a good fastball hitter). Gonzo is Gonzo. Choi and Miggy are really rookies learning the NL. So please show me this great team you speak of? Look I'm not trying to put a downer on everything, but alot question are still unanswered If Choi pans out, theres your answer. But I believe we need something from Short so I am officially taking my prediction out of the sig to see if AGon starts to get hot.

Catcher is more of a priority than anything at the moment IMHO. AGon will get his hits, and hopefully, start driving the runs in.