My NEW Rant

Once again, I have not been posting due to computer problems, so here goes my newest rant. Some good, some bad.

First: To the people who said Miguel Cabrera should not have been an All-Star: You, my friends, are idiots. That is all.

Second: Hee Seop Choi should not be batting third, nor should Jeff Conine. Some of your little minds don't comprehend that the fifth batter usually gets more opprotunities to drive in runs than any other spot in the order, and the only reason he has 33 RBI is the no lefties thing, and because the guy walks and K's all the freakin' time.

Third: it's sad to see no Luis in Houston. In my mind Luis Castillo will always be a top three major league second baseman, considering all he contributes to the success of this team.

Fourth: Mike Lowell is a monster. And he will be for the last three years of his tiny economical contract. I love that man to death.

Fifth: Not that we need him in 2005, but Carl Pavano is going to be an extremely effective pitcher for years. He's one of those guys who probably won't get into arm troubles, and who's pitching philosophy (a harder throwing, lighter David Wells) makes him a great candidate to succeed into his later years.

Sixth: This kind of ties into the Carl Pavano situation. I honestly believe that Jeffrey Loria is going to do whatever it takes to put the Marlins back in the World Series in 2005 (hopefully this year, too). I believe he will KILL to keep our rotation together and the rest of our teams' key cogs.

End Rant. Discuss.

Sixth: This kind of ties into the Carl Pavano situation. I honestly believe that Jeffrey Loria is going to do whatever it takes to put the Marlins back in the World Series in 2005 (hopefully this year, too). I believe he will KILL to keep our rotation together and the rest of our teams' key cogs.

:confused i really hope that he doesnt kill the marlins rotation

Second: Hee Seop Choi should not be batting third, nor should Jeff Conine. Some of your little minds don't comprehend that the fifth batter usually gets more opprotunities to drive in runs than any other spot in the order, and the only reason he has 33 RBI is the no lefties thing, and because the guy walks and K's all the freakin' time.

441190[/snapback]

That's exactly why Choi should be batting third, to create more rbi opportunities for Cabrera and Lowell. His walks are being wasted batting 5th and 6th.

You have a lot of great points, Wildcard.

1) Cabrera was voted by the players to be in the ASG.

2) Correct. Although I like Choi, he had 9 HR and 24 RBIs in April and

has not driven in but 9 since. Sure, his OBP is around .400 but

we need guys to drive in runs. AGON has same amount of RBIs in

7/8th hole. We need an RBI guy in the 3 hole

3) Castillo needs to rest. As a favorite of McKeons, I would have thought he had a chance.

4) Like last year, Lowell is the man

5) Pavano is a pitcher for sure and maturing every time out. Our other

starters should take notice

6) The Marlins will find a bat for the 3 hole, prolly LH with power.

First: To the people who said Miguel Cabrera should not have been an All-Star: You, my friends, are idiots. That is all.

I guess I'm an idiot for thinking stats are important but here we go.

Cabrera: 55 runs 18 Doubles 20 HRs 55 RBI's 32 BB 82 SO 2 SB .361 OBP .550 Slug .294 Avg

Abreu: 66 Runs 22 Doubles 17 HR's 56 RBI's 69 BB 60 SO 17 SB .444 OBP .576 Slug .304 Avg

Abreu has been a top defensive outfielder this year and Cabrera well yeah

Cabrera is not the most deserving

The point is though that the players chose Cabrera not Abreau. Sosa does not deserve it either but was voted on by the fans. Like it or not, these are the rules set out by MLB.

Fans choose starters

Each player chooses one player that they think deserves it

Commissioner/Manager choose remaining 7 guys

The point is though that the players chose Cabrera not Abreau. Sosa does not deserve it either but was voted on by the fans. Like it or not, these are the rules set out by MLB.

Fans choose starters

Each player chooses one player that they think deserves it

Commissioner/Manager choose remaining 7 guys

441323[/snapback]

No that's not the point because Clinton said that any person who felt he does not deserve to be an all star is an idiot.

He called me an idiot and I being the idiot showed him why Abreu deserves it over Cabrera.

Like most all star games, the game is somewhat political. NBA picked Kobe ( ayoung star) to follow Jordan. Similar things happen in MLB I am sure. Cabrera is a star-in the -future replacing likes of Bonds, SOsa and Griffey.

Have you also thought you would you rather face if you were pitching. Abreau with Thome on deck or Cabera with Conine on Deck. Wonder why his "STATS" look better

1. I'm thrilled to see Cabs on the All-Star team, but if I were voting Adam Dunn would have had his spot. Does that mean I want Dunn on my everyday team over Cabrera, certainly not. But if you wish to have your opinions respected you have to show some sort of common sense. In Cabrera's situation that simply means to be open to someone else's thinking that he should not be there.

2. People are reccomending Choi as the third hitter because the team has not been hitting and it seemed like such a move was worth trying. Here is a typical situation where a kid thinks baseball consists of players that are cemented into toles. IE: Choi bats low in the lineup and Willis is a starter. These are baseball players...not # 3 hitters, not starters, not thirdbasemen. They are ballplayers. Ask Cabrera...he was a SS...and a 3B...now a RF.

3. Castillo himself says he does not belong. This year he is # 4. Kent, Loretta and Vuidro all having better seasons. Gotta mature a little bit and stop whining that you dont have the best player at each position. If we did, we would be more than 2 games over .500.

4. Again what is your point? We al love Lowell...but psst. We'd also rather have Scott Rolen. Even Mike Lowell would say that.

5. This would have been a great comment last season. What did you say last year, that he should be traded?

6. July will tell us if Loria builds for August and September or 2005. He can't do both in all likelyhood.

Like most all star games, the game is somewhat political. NBA picked Kobe ( ayoung star) to follow Jordan. Similar things happen in MLB I am sure. Cabrera is a star-in the -future replacing likes of Bonds, SOsa and Griffey.

Have you also thought you would you rather face if you were pitching. Abreau with Thome on deck or Cabera with Conine on Deck. Wonder why his "STATS" look better

441330[/snapback]

Don't change the subject about politics, I was questioned and I delivered

and what is with "Stats", are stats fake or something?

So under your way of think Pitchers are now trying to walk Abreu so they can get to Thome? Right? Also Pitchers are now tossing meatballs up to Abreu so they can either have him hit a homer or get on base to face Thome?

Under your way of thinking pitchers are now throwing horrible pitches to avoid striking out Abreu so they can get to Thome?

Also the fact that Abreu is leading Cabrera in RBI's proves everything, Abreu had to deal with an ineffective 1 - 2 punch for april and most of may when Byrd and Rollins were horrible. It's only started to get better for him yet he leads in RBI's.

Your Thome theory has little effect on any of those stats.

STATS are not the answer for all, only guys who look at numbers and dont necessarily understand the game. Put Cabrera in the Philly line up and see what the results would be. Yes, pitchers, to avoid walking him, would rather pitch to him (70% chance to get an out) than to pitch to Thome.

Meatballs - you said that

Walking - why walk bobby to face Thome (leads league in HR)

On the contrary, when Bobby batted lead off and second last year, he did not do much. Moving to third, put him in front of Thome and the result (his STATS) look better.

Cabrera is .224 with runners in scoring position with a OBP of .310. He's come up clutch in a number of late inning situations, but he's been killing rallies with his Ks and double plays. Yeah, he's young, but we are counting on him to perform.

I hope he's invited to participate in the Home Run Derby so he can concentrate on putting the ball in the air and stop hitting into so many damn groundballs.

Well Cabs might not be the most deserving but he wasn't picked by Mckeon. Abreu will more than likely make the team through the last man vote Dunn or Overbay will be in with injury to Sean Casey. This year's snubs are not nearly as bad. For the record I didn't think Cabs would be on the team.

Well Cabs might not be the most deserving but he wasn't picked by Mckeon. Abreu will more than likely make the team through the last man vote Dunn or Overbay will be in with injury to Sean Casey. This year's snubs are not nearly as bad. For the record I didn't think Cabs would be on the team.

441386[/snapback]

Yeah, I was surprised Cabs made it....but no homerism here as it was fellow players and coaches who voted him in....Cabs has earned respect where it matters most.

Cabrera deserves to be an All-Star. And so does Abreu. Unfortunately, there were some undeserving All-Stars voted in.

Oh, and to argue Rune (for the sake of arguing), All-Star doesn't necessarily mean best player. So to say that Abreu should be an All-Star over Cabrera doesn't necessarily hold up with stats. If you want to say that Abreu is playing better than Cabrera this season, that's fine...but...

All Star is to best players as WS championship is to best team.

STATS are not the answer for all, only guys who look at numbers and dont necessarily understand the game. Put Cabrera in the Philly line up and see what the results would be. Yes, pitchers, to avoid walking him, would rather pitch to him (70% chance to get an out) than to pitch to Thome.

For a person who's saying I don't understand the game you make little sense. You said they pitch to him and yet that's supposed to prove Cabrera is better when Abreu has more walks than Cabrera and a higher avergage therefore a higher OPB but to you this is just a product of where he hits in the lineup. Yet under your theory because Thome's behind him it would only pad his stats which makes no sense whatsever. Pitchers want him out more so than they would want somone hitting in front of Conine out and Abreu still beats Cabrera and yet it means in your world that Cabrera is superior

Walking - why walk bobby to face Thome (leads league in HR)[/qupte] --

:banghead , Do you need to be directly told? That's the whole point and you just made it! It's much more Dangerous to put face Abreu than Cabrera and Abreu delivers and has delivered way past Cabrera yet in your world this means nothing.

[quote On the contrary, when Bobby batted lead off and second last year, he did not do much. Moving to third, put him in front of Thome and the result (his STATS) look better.

441353[/snapback]

Yes because Pat Burrell was a big player last year therefore he was always hitting between those two because he was so good. What games were you watching, Abreu and Thome hit next to each other in almost all games.

Cabrera deserves to be an All-Star. And so does Abreu. Unfortunately, there were some undeserving All-Stars voted in.

Oh, and to argue Rune (for the sake of arguing), All-Star doesn't necessarily mean best player. So to say that Abreu should be an All-Star over Cabrera doesn't necessarily hold up with stats. If you want to say that Abreu is playing better than Cabrera this season, that's fine...but...

All Star is to best players as WS championship is to best team.

441417[/snapback]

I see your point but Abreu's been a bigger threat at offense and defense. Without him the phils are not in first period because he was producing when they had no threat at 1 - 2. He also even struggled early on in the season but he's kept that team afloat through everything. He really deserves just as much credit as Thome.

Don't get me wrong Alou's the one who mostly deserves to be left out but I started this arguement because I didn't like Clinton's comment.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid the all star system is. Sneezeroids sosa gets in after missing most of the season to date because he hurt his back while sneezing. Are you F***ing kidding me? It is sosa who abreau deserves to be in over. NOt cabrera. IMO fans shouldn't have anything to do with the voting. It becomes a popularity contest.

how are new stars supposed to get any recognition until the "stars" of today retire? It sucks. It also sucks because teams like the Yankees and Cardinals and Cubs always pack ballots with their team.

The NBA is the same way, although it seems the best players are also the most popular...its pretty sad though when Grant Hill can't even play b/c of his ankle but is an All-Star.