2005 Rotation

Fish Tank Frenzy

No way is Leiter a #2 on this staff. Not if you want him to be around all season. He barely made it to the 6th in most of his starts last season and he is 39, right? So, you have to cut down on his innings and it would behoove the Marlins to put him up against other teams 'lesser' starters. So:

Burnett

Beckett

Willis

Leiter

Valdez

Burnett is a bona fide #1 and his ego will command it. He will come out firing and will take the job in ST. Beckett will try and put up good numbers, but should be #2 because of his health concerns (not that AJ is without his, but his TJ surgery seems fully healed now).

Willis will continue to grow and his youth will best be served by pitching more innings than Leiter. I hope Leiter takes him under his wing.

Valdez is clearly #5 in terms of talent - but will give us an excellent chance to win every 5th day.

Burnett

Leiter

Beckett

Willis

Valdez

654630[/snapback]

For reasons already explained, I agree.

654969[/snapback]

That's the best. I believe Beckett will be a bit humbled, and will have something to prove if he is moved to the 3rd spot. Put him first and he will slack off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.