POLANCO-URBINA TRADE

CyggyMarlin

I'm still a little shocked, seeing as I felt the Tigers could get more. Polanco is a great player and the infield will be better off with him there than Omar Infante. Fernando Rodney is coming off the DL soon as well, so they needed to make the move now to clear up bullpen space I guess.

Trammell probably told Ugie he was not going to be closing with the return of Percival...Ugie probably got mad, thus triggering todays trade. It was bound to happen sometime.

I sure hope there is a PTBNL.

"The price was high, but to be able to get a proven bullpen arm who has pitched at a championship level, it was too good to pass up," Phillies general manager Ed Wade said, adding that Tigers president Dave Dombrowski told him he was close to moving Urbina to another team in the NL East.

:mischief2

Braves?

Mets?

"The price was high, but to be able to get a proven bullpen arm who has pitched at a championship level, it was too good to pass up," Phillies general manager Ed Wade said, adding that Tigers president Dave Dombrowski told him he was close to moving Urbina to another team in the NL East.

:mischief2

Braves?

Mets?

801019[/snapback]

Probably the Mets -- there were tons of Urbina - for - Cameron rumors not too long ago.