A swing and a drive.... Hammer goes deep

Ramp

IT is sooooo Hammer time!!!! Hell they gave Admin Sutton a chance last year why not Josh this year?

807368[/snapback]

they gave josh a chance last year too, as much as they did sutton at least

807413[/snapback]

25 at bats over 17 games... wheeee

FO has to be actively thinking Willingham.

I just pray they are not thinking of him as trade bait.

We don't need Pitching. We have four and a half starters.

And the Pen is strong enough (with a couple of quality Minors arms waiting in the wings. And Valdez and Alfonseca only a few weeks away.)

And position players are set with depth provided by Conine and Easely. In case of injury we have players ready to fly in.

And I think of Willy as a back-up catcher. Not as good as Treanor but for the once-a-week back-up start, his defense is not as significant as his offense.

I'd package Mota and Treanor for whatever "best value" we could get (maybe another quality utility IF.) And bring up Willingham as a Utility plus back-up Catcher.

And the Pen is strong enough (with a couple of quality Minors arms waiting in the wings. And Valdez and Alfonseca only a few weeks away.)

And position players are set with depth provided by Conine and Easely. In case of injury we have players ready to fly in.

And I think of Willy as a back-up catcher. Not as good as Treanor but for the once-a-week back-up start, his defense is not as significant as his offense.

I'd package Mota and Treanor for whatever "best value" we could get (maybe another quality utility IF.) And bring up Willingham as a Utility plus back-up Catcher.

807531[/snapback]

Not sure Willingham can "cut the mustard" behind the plate...also don't think there would be much value for Treanor outside of the organization.

The gutsy move would be to trade Lowell, put Cabs at third and Willy in Left. Hermida can take over for Enc in 2006.

:hat

807531[/snapback]

Your thinking is in the right direction, although I'd rather trade Enc than Mota right now. One's value is high and the other's value is a little low at this point. Plus it opens up a handy slot in RF for Willy. And we always have 9ner. I'm not a praying man, but I'm adding my prayers that he's not traded.

807531[/snapback]

Your thinking is in the right direction, although I'd rather trade Enc than Mota right now. One's value is high and the other's value is a little low at this point. Plus it opens up a handy slot in RF for Willy. And we always have 9ner. I'm not a praying man, but I'm adding my prayers that he's not traded.

807604[/snapback]

RF? I don't know, that could be a huge Defensive liability. And Miggy ain't going back to RF.

I don't know if the FO is thinking along the same lines, he is being gromed to be a catcher. Maybe the FO thinks that a catcher would land more on a trade?

Wow...looks like we can get some real help at the deadline when we trade Willingham.

807636[/snapback]

god I hate you

807740[/snapback]

Shamster my dear friend, I think he speaks the truth, as upsetting as it might be to both of us. He's just the messenger, if the Marlins were going to bring the guy up he'd be playing RF right now in Albuquerque.

Wow...looks like we can get some real help at the deadline when we trade Willingham.

807636[/snapback]

god I hate you

807740[/snapback]

Shamster my dear friend, I think he speaks the truth, as upsetting as it might be to both of us. He's just the messenger, if the Marlins were going to bring the guy up he'd be playing RF right now in Albuquerque.

807805[/snapback]

I guess.... but then they would have to put Little, Padgett or Aguila on the bench

anyway I think the FO knows what he can do in the OF, he played pretty well there in ST

and I dont think Sham is upset that Willy could be traded, it's that in every thread WildMarlinMan2003 writes "he'll be traded" or something of that sort

I think he could put up below average defense, not terrible defense with a great, great bat. Maybe even Piazza type stuff. Very comparable if you think about the defense. Willy has a stronger arm, though. At a corner position he'd put up at least league average offense if not better with potentially average defense.

When Miguel came up from the Mudcats, they were playing West Tenn in Jackson. He got his first start in left field and looked like he belonged there. He started the next night and made a couple of spectactular plays when they took him out and told him to pack for Miami. (this club seems to move a lot of kids when they are on the road) I believe both Jennings and Fleming were there both nights to watch his performance. The rest is history. My point is: simply because Hammer isn't/hasn't played RF, doesn't mean anything based on this club's previous actions. Plus, if they move Hammer up, and then back down, they use up another option. Does he have any left at that point?