Peter Gammons on Marlins

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Sutcliffe: One of the top 5 offenses in baseball.

:lol ? :lol ? :lol ? :lol ? :lol

What Marlins offense is he watching?

808129[/snapback]

Stop being so stupid...the Marlins BA is higher than any other Marlins team ever...as long as JP and Luis get on base, this offense is unstoppable.

808132[/snapback]

SHOW ME THE RUNS!!!

Sutcliffe: One of the top 5 offenses in baseball.

:lol ? :lol ? :lol ? :lol ? :lol

What Marlins offense is he watching?

808129[/snapback]

Stop being so stupid...the Marlins BA is higher than any other Marlins team ever...as long as JP and Luis get on base, this offense is unstoppable.

808132[/snapback]

He's certainly not being stupid.

The Marlins are:

Ranked 6th in average

Ranked 13 in slugging

6th in OBP

22nd in Runs

27th in HR's

23 in RBI's.

They are a middle of the road team in terms of offense up to this point. THat certainly can change but at this point they are certainly not a top 5 team.

Gammons knows a hell of a lot more than any of us here. Those that keep bringing up 2003, and how he didn't pick us that year miss the obvious. There was no way to predict that Willis and Cabrera would be so good, and continue to be good throughout the season. We caught every break in the book, and some, like Bartman, that no one would believe if it was in a book. I think I'll go with Gammons opinion over anyone's on this board.

Gammons knows a hell of a lot more than any of us here. Those that keep bringing up 2003, and how he didn't pick us that year miss the obvious. There was no way to predict that Willis and Cabrera would be so good, and continue to be good throughout the season. We caught every break in the book, and some, like Bartman, that no one would believe if it was in a book. I think I'll go with Gammons opinion over anyone's on this board.

808288[/snapback]

:lol

Guest Moneyball

Gammons knows a hell of a lot more than any of us here. Those that keep bringing up 2003, and how he didn't pick us that year miss the obvious. There was no way to predict that Willis and Cabrera would be so good, and continue to be good throughout the season. We caught every break in the book, and some, like Bartman, that no one would believe if it was in a book. I think I'll go with Gammons opinion over anyone's on this board.808288[/snapback]

Is this the same Gammons who said Mike Lowell was on his way to the Cubs? :plain

Gammons knows a hell of a lot more than any of us here. Those that keep bringing up 2003, and how he didn't pick us that year miss the obvious. There was no way to predict that Willis and Cabrera would be so good, and continue to be good throughout the season. We caught every break in the book, and some, like Bartman, that no one would believe if it was in a book. I think I'll go with Gammons opinion over anyone's on this board.808288[/snapback]

Is this the same Gammons who said Mike Lowell was on his way to the Cubs? :plain

808537[/snapback]

Yup...that's the one. He's not right 100% of the time, maybe not even 50% of the time. Heck, Ted Williams only got a hit 40% of the time. Overall, there's 4 or 5 other writers that I like reading better. I just said Gammons opinion is a lot better than anyone on this board. He may not watch the team as closely as some of us do, but he's got knowledge, age and patence on his side. I don't agree with everything he says....in fact I strogly disagree about Mota....never liked him and I'd love to see us trade him. But I think he's right about our team overall.

Guest Moneyball

808537[/snapback]

Yup...that's the one. He's not right 100% of the time, maybe not even 50% of the time. Overall, there's 4 or 5 other writers that I like reading better. I just said Gammons opinion is a lot better than anyone on this board. He may not watch the team as closely as some of us do, but he's got knowledge, age and patence on his side. I don't agree with everything he says....in fact I strogly disagree about Mota....never liked him and I'd love to see us trade him. But I think he's right about our team overall.

808636[/snapback]

Agreed there. I like the 1 hour show he does with Boog on Tuesdays especially.

808537[/snapback]

Yup...that's the one. He's not right 100% of the time, maybe not even 50% of the time. Overall, there's 4 or 5 other writers that I like reading better. I just said Gammons opinion is a lot better than anyone on this board. He may not watch the team as closely as some of us do, but he's got knowledge, age and patence on his side. I don't agree with everything he says....in fact I strogly disagree about Mota....never liked him and I'd love to see us trade him. But I think he's right about our team overall.

808636[/snapback]

Agreed there. I like the 1 hour show he does with Boog on Tuesdays especially.

808645[/snapback]

Agreed :shifty