Looks like JP is playing better, but Lowell

Usually I side with the players, but god damnit lowell.

We should just start Easley from here on out, he may not be as good defensively, but he can't be worse offensivley.

840064[/snapback]

I think we should just move Cabs to 3rd and use Conine to feel in for Cabs. Mike Lowell is really really hurting the team.

We should just start Easley from here on out, he may not be as good defensively, but he can't be worse offensivley.

840064[/snapback]

I think we should just move Cabs to 3rd and use Conine to feel in for Cabs. Mike Lowell is really really hurting the team.

840067[/snapback]

Not a bad idea, but Cabs' arm is valuable.

840064[/snapback]

840067[/snapback]

840069[/snapback]

Cabs is a much better third basman than he is an outfielder, though.

Lowell makes Bret Boone and Jason Giambi look like All Stars.

840065[/snapback]

Its funny, because its the truth :confused

840073[/snapback]

Giambi is picking it up though he had 2 solo shots today, but on the other hand Mike Lowell tries to fool us thinking hes going to get out of the slump by taking a weak blooped opposite field hit

840064[/snapback]

840067[/snapback]

840069[/snapback]

Cabs is a much better third basman than he is an outfielder, though.

840074[/snapback]

My main concern is that eventually he's going to injure himself out there. Just look at what happened to Chipper. Cabs is much younger though, but he's not exactly fast out there.

He'd make an awesome 3rd baseman.

A normally solid veteran is almost always given a chance to play out of a slump, but there seems to be more to it than that with Lowell...he's beat before he even steps into the batter's box. I think they need to sit him until the all-star break and see if that helps...Maybe a week+ off will turn things around for him...if that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

A normally solid veteran is almost always given a chance to play out of a slump, but there seems to be more to it than that with Lowell...he's beat before he even steps into the batter's box. I think they need to sit him until the all-star break and see if that helps...Maybe a week+ off will turn things around for him...if that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

840095[/snapback]

Seriously are we willing to piss away our season on this guy? He has cost us so many games with his pathetic performance. I for one am sick of it, if he wants to play in the Big Leagues he better act like it.

I think there are a lot of factors that need to be addressed if we want to make it to the end of this season with playoff hopes. Lowell is just one of many. The other is definitely attitude. I don't think the guys ever look excited to play or win until there is some kind of clutch ending to a close game. I want to see the excitement all the time. I don't like it when people make baseball look like it is not a game and only a business.

EDIT: But then again, I rarely am able to actually watch the games without a fee so I miss the telecasts more often that most of you. Maybe someone who actually sees almost every single game can contribute to this thought.

I think there are a lot of factors that need to be addressed if we want to make it to the end of this season with playoff hopes.? Lowell is just one of many.? The other is definitely attitude.? I don't think the guys ever look excited to play or win until there is some kind of clutch ending to a close game.? I want to see the excitement all the time.? I don't like it when people make baseball look like it is not a game and only a business.

EDIT: But then again, I rarely am able to actually watch the games without a fee so I miss the telecasts more often that most of you.? Maybe someone who actually sees almost every single game can contribute to this thought.

840104[/snapback]

I don't think you can judge how the players "look" and somehow come to the conclusion that they aren't playing with heart. Obviously when they are scoring 6 or more runs they're gonna look a little more lively than if they are scoring 2 or 3. I think it's not fair that a lot of the people give up on this team after 1 close loss. I mean come on, let's be serious. This team still has heart, still has a goal and still has a lot of talent, they just made a couple key mistakes in this one, especially in the 9th. They can still win this series just like they won the Mets series. (I don't care if it's a 4 versus 3 game series.)

I think there are a lot of factors that need to be addressed if we want to make it to the end of this season with playoff hopes.? Lowell is just one of many.? The other is definitely attitude.? I don't think the guys ever look excited to play or win until there is some kind of clutch ending to a close game.? I want to see the excitement all the time.? I don't like it when people make baseball look like it is not a game and only a business.

EDIT: But then again, I rarely am able to actually watch the games without a fee so I miss the telecasts more often that most of you.? Maybe someone who actually sees almost every single game can contribute to this thought.

840104[/snapback]

I don't think you can judge how the players "look" and somehow come to the conclusion that they aren't playing with heart. Obviously when they are scoring 6 or more runs they're gonna look a little more lively than if they are scoring 2 or 3. I think it's not fair that a lot of the people give up on this team after 1 close loss. I mean come on, let's be serious. This team still has heart, still has a goal and still has a lot of talent, they just made a couple key mistakes in this one, especially in the 9th. They can still win this series just like they won the Mets series. (I don't care if it's a 4 versus 3 game series.)

840114[/snapback]

It was one game out of a four-game series...If they turn around and play well the rest of the week, nobody will remember today's game. And on the bright side, the bullpen did a great job today...

840104[/snapback]

840114[/snapback]

Well they need to win the next three to win the series, and the fact is, they blew this game. The Nats know how to win one run games. Winning is how you get to the playoffs. Close losses don't mean anything other than just that... we came close. I'm not going to disagree with you though. We can't judge entirely by looks. It is definitely easy to tell that after a big win, this team plays a lot better for a few days. They have plenty of heart, but I think they let too much of it go when they have a disappointing loss... though all losses are disappointing. I just hope they come out strong tomorrow. I am sure they will.