Hurricane Katrina

RossInfoMan

Should I put up my hurricane shutters? I like in Miami Lakes, basically northern Dade County. What do you guys think?

913441[/snapback]

I don't think I would, but it is a personal call. Do you live in an apartment or a townhouse? If so, then I definitely wouldn't.

I live in a small(er) single family unit type house.

And shouldnt you be in school right now? :p

913458[/snapback]

Cape's head functions as a laptop i hear

913483[/snapback]

While that may be true, I was at school but left after third period with a fever of 100.4

WFOR ready to go wall-to-wall on the drop of a pin. WPLG and WTVJ almost ready to go. WSVN has the reporters, but their studio is being re-done and some space is not there for them to work with.

913431[/snapback]

Why is it that you always know what's going on at the local networks? I'm sure I missed something over the years...I'm just curious.

WFOR ready to go wall-to-wall on the drop of a pin. WPLG and WTVJ almost ready to go. WSVN has the reporters, but their studio is being re-done and some space is not there for them to work with.

913431[/snapback]

Why is it that you always know what's going on at the local networks? I'm sure I missed something over the years...I'm just curious.

913511[/snapback]

:cool :mischief :shifty

On a topic eveyone cares about...the school districts will be announcing their moves in the coming hours...

Stay up-to-date with http://hurricanewarning.blogspot.com/2005/...rm-katrina.html

From BrowardSchools official site

As of noon Wednesday, August 24, 2005, Broward County Public Schools, along with Broward County Emergency Management officials, are closely monitoring Tropical Storm Katrina.

There has been NO decision on the closing of schools in Broward County at this point. Schools are running on their normal schedules and will continue to do so.

From BrowardSchools official site

As of noon Wednesday, August 24, 2005, Broward County Public Schools, along with Broward County Emergency Management officials, are closely monitoring Tropical Storm Katrina.

There has been NO decision on the closing of schools in Broward County at this point. Schools are running on their normal schedules and will continue to do so.

913612[/snapback]

heard it on Local 10...

BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. -- In anticipation of a hit from Tropical Storm Katrina, Broward County school officials announced that they are closing all public schools in that county on Thursday and Friday.

Miami-Dade County school officials are still discussing the situation, but they said that schools will open as scheduled Thursday with the possibility that students may be dismissed early.

Local 10

Eh... :thumbdown

Due to Tropical Storm Katrina, Broward County Public Schools will be CLOSED Thursday, August 25th and Friday, August 26th.

ALL SCHOOLS AND ADMINISTRATIVE SITES WILL BE CLOSED. All extracurricular activities (i.e. sporting events, etc.) scheduled for those two days (Thursday & Friday) are also canceled.

All non-emergency employees ARE NOT TO report to work ? only essential personnel (previously identified) are to report.

For those events scheduled for the weekend (Saturday or Sunday,) no decision has yet been made ? we have to wait and see what the storm brings to South Florida before addressing weekend events.

For more information, please check the District?s Web site (browardschools.com) or the Rumor Control Hotline (754-321-0321) for updates on the status of the District.

http://www.browardschools.com/press/breaking.htm

Get updates from the source: http://hurricanewarning.blogspot.com/

BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. -- In anticipation of a hit from Tropical Storm Katrina, Broward County school officials announced that they are closing all public schools in that county on Thursday and Friday.

Miami-Dade County school officials are still discussing the situation, but they said that schools will open as scheduled Thursday with the possibility that students may be dismissed early.

Local 10

Eh... :thumbdown

913619[/snapback]

meeh :confused at least we might get out early

meeh? :confused at least we might get out early

913626[/snapback]

Yeah, but lets say they do. We arent exactly going to care what our teachers telling us...we'll just be excited about leaving early. So why bother? It's so stupid.

913657[/snapback]

yea, i agree with that but at least its better than to stay all day...hopefully they'll change their minds though, dade county school administrators suck :thumbdown