NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

235 PM EDT TUE AUG 23 2005

...TWELFTH TROPICAL DEPRESSION OF THE SEASON FORMING OVER THE

SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS...

RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT DATA AND SURFACE REPORTS INDICATE A TROPICAL

DEPRESSION IS FORMING WITHIN THE DISTURBED WEATHER OVER THE

SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS. THE CENTER OF THE BROAD CIRCULATION IS

ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF LONG ISLAND IN THE

SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS...AND SURFACE WINDS ARE AROUND 35 MPH.

ADVISORIES WILL BE INITIATED ON THIS SYSTEM AT 5 PM EDT.

TROPICAL STORM WATCHES AND/OR WARNINGS WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED FOR

PORTIONS OF THE CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS.

FORECASTER STEWART

This could be headed in the direction of South Florida, but it wouldn't have too much time to strengthen being so close. The first advisory will be at 5 PM.

If you are trying to find it on a map, the center is around 23N, 75W.

This is why weathermen suck IMO. They will spend 2 weeks plus talking about a storm that never touches South Florida, now out of nowhere they say "oh, a TD developed and looks like we will have to issue a hurricane or TS watch for it since it might hit within the next day and a half". I mean I know these folks try, but WTF.

This is why weathermen suck IMO. They will spend 2 weeks plus talking about a storm that never touches South Florida, now out of nowhere they say "oh, a TD developed and looks like we will have to issue a hurricane or TS watch for it since it might hit within the next day and a half". I mean I know these folks try, but WTF.

912539[/snapback]

They have been talking about this one for about a week.

This is why weathermen suck IMO.? They will spend 2 weeks plus talking about a storm that never touches South Florida, now out of nowhere they say "oh, a TD developed and looks like we will have to issue a hurricane or TS watch for it since it might hit within the next day and a half".? I mean I know these folks try, but WTF.

912539[/snapback]

912543[/snapback]

Bleh I haven't heard it, and I guess my point moreso is it is just today designated as a Depression, and all of a sudden oh in a day in a half, maybe two it's making landfall as a Storm, maybe a Hurricane. Some warning...

912539[/snapback]

You can't exactly predict what a tropical system is going to do before it even forms.

912539[/snapback]

912543[/snapback]

Its part of the same wave that spawned TD 10. But it merged with another distrubance and thus, its TD 12 not regenerated TD 10.

Bleh I haven't heard it, and I guess my point moreso is it is just today designated as a Depression, and all of a sudden oh in a day in a half, maybe two it's making landfall as a Storm, maybe a Hurricane. Some warning...

912545[/snapback]

Takes 3 days to clear out most areas. The east coast of Florida has high ground once you pass I-95.

I wonder if my classes will be cancelled Thursday.. It wont be fun driving in that kind of weather

912616[/snapback]

Why don't you have your chauffeur take you?

:mischief

As of the 11PM advisory, a Tropical Storm Watch has been issued for Southeast Florida from west of the 7 Mile Bridge in the Keys northward to Vero Beach. This means tropical storm conditions are possible in this area within 36 hours. However, with steering currents in the atmosphere being very light and unpredictable, this system could slow down or meander one direction or another, so it warrants watching over the next day or two.

Big deal. A Tropical Storm or Cat.1 Hurricane isn't going to cause much damage, except for flooding if it carries a lot of rain. Nothing to worry too much about though.

913180[/snapback]

A Cat 1 Hurricane can be very powerful. Frances brought cat 1 strength gusts to Coral Springs and did quite a bit of damage, a tree fell on our house. Sustained winds could do plently of damage.

Big deal. A Tropical Storm or Cat.1 Hurricane isn't going to cause much damage, except for flooding if it carries a lot of rain. Nothing to worry too much about though.

913180[/snapback]

A Cat 1 Hurricane can be very powerful. Frances brought cat 1 strength gusts to Coral Springs and did quite a bit of damage, a tree fell on our house. Sustained winds could do plently of damage.

913258[/snapback]

Category One's are notorious for their rain, especially in crawlers like this one.