Hurricane Katrina

RossInfoMan

Any word yet on Miami Dade College?

914179[/snapback]

"Miami Dade College officials continue monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Katrina. At the present time, classes, operations and work shifts will go on as regularly scheduled for Wednesday evening and Thursday. However, please check the MDC hotline at 305-237-7500 and the college web site at www.mdc.edu for any changes or updates. The College?s emergency planning team will meet on Thursday morning to discuss operations for Thursday evening and Friday. However, at the present time, the College remains under normal operations."

"AT 11 PM EDT...0300Z...A HURRICANE WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE

SOUTHEAST FLORIDA COAST FROM VERO BEACH SOUTHWARD TO FLORIDA

CITY...INCLUDING LAKE OKEECHOBEE. A HURRICANE WARNING MEANS THAT

HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED WITHIN THE WARNING AREA WITHIN

THE NEXT 24 HOURS. PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY

SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION."

Ok, so I'm safe now....but is there a chance that this thing could curve up into the panhandle and hit Tallahasse?

The future track shows that it's projected to go less than 50 miles to the west of Tallahasse sometime late Sunday, early Monday...

Cape?

Ok, so I'm safe now....but is there a chance that this thing could curve up into the panhandle and hit Tallahasse?

The future track shows that it's projected to go less than 50 miles to the west of Tallahasse sometime late Sunday, early Monday...

Cape?

914537[/snapback]

it does that crazy little turn thing

according to that, it's gonna hit the panhandle late sunday as a hurricane

i'm no expert or anything though, that's just what ive seen

Cape?

914537[/snapback]

it does that crazy little turn thing

according to that, it's gonna hit the panhandle late sunday as a hurricane

i'm no expert or anything though, that's just what ive seen

914538[/snapback]

Yeah, the Pan-Handle could actually be in bad shape considering how slow this thing is moving. It could strengthen significantly in the Gulf.

So I am going to school in a hurricane.. :plain

:lol

914528[/snapback]

I am too.... at FAU, classes are cancelled after 4 pm... my 2 classes tomorrow are at 12:30 and 2 :banghead

914548[/snapback]

That stinks.. I dont mind going to class but I have to drive 30 minutes each way and its not going to be fun in a hurricane. I am going to call my school up tomororw morning and see what is going on

that was according to my schools 6 pm update... they will have the next update tomorrow morning at 6 am, then 9 am, and noon, so now that we are under a warning especially, it may change

914551[/snapback]

The next update at my school is 10am and I have class at 9:30am :thumbdown