Pierre headed to Rangers?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

The story simply says the Rangers are interested if they trade Mench and they need to address their outfield problems with Pierremoving to left field.

No mention of players involved.

Trade Mench to us!!! :mischief

SAVE PIERRE! How can you guys be in favor of trading pierre for ONE bad season, man stick to football yall.

i agree, we already have payroll at around 30 million god!, keep pierre and lo duca

Even if Pierre rebounds offensively, his defense is too meh...besides we could get some nice talent for him!!

What do the rangers have that we would want? More pitching?

What is wrong with pitching? The only hitting prospect they have that can make it worth trading Pierre is Jacquin Arias and him alone in a deal is not worth it. What the Marlins should do is ask for John Danks and keep on insisting. If not possible ask for Arias and Frank Francisco. If the Rangers don't like either package we look somewhere else. Simple as that. Gonzalez not needed here with Williangham, Jacobs here plus we already traded him before already. Laird overrated, not ready and at 26 years of age how big of a prospect is he? Kinsler is behind of Arias in the depth chart and had a so..so.. year. Nix and Mench have inflated due to to home ball park.

Heres a rumor that might affect the JP deal...

The rumor goes that the Cubs are close to finalizing a seven player deal with the Texas Rangers that would bring Alfonso Soriano and Kevin Mench to the Cubs in exchange for Jerome Williams , Todd Walker , and three minor leaguers, one of whom is believed to be right hander David Aardsma , and another shortstop Ronny Cedeno . According to our source the two clubs have agreed on which players would be dealt, but what is holding it up is exactly what kind of deal Soriano will want in Chicago.

Heres a rumor that might affect the JP deal...

The rumor goes that the Cubs are close to finalizing a seven player deal with the Texas Rangers that would bring Alfonso Soriano and Kevin Mench to the Cubs in exchange for Jerome Williams , Todd Walker , and three minor leaguers, one of whom is believed to be right hander David Aardsma , and another shortstop Ronny Cedeno . According to our source the two clubs have agreed on which players would be dealt, but what is holding it up is exactly what kind of deal Soriano will want in Chicago.

That trade would really back the Cubs into a corner, unless they think they already have Furcal signed sealed and delivered.

However, if it does happen, it certainly does pave Pierre's way to Texas...

SAVE PIERRE! How can you guys be in favor of trading pierre for ONE bad season, man stick to football yall.

Whats the point of keeping Pierre, I would understand if we were trying to compete again but right now we are starting all over. Did you forget he becomes a FA next year? I think Pierre is awesome which is why it hurts to see him go, but if we are going through with the FS, I rather we go all the way and see what we can get :confused

IF we trade Pierre... I want Felix Pie in return... No Exceptions....

Then prepare yourself for disappointment.

You know I've never heard Felix Pie's name said, I've only read it on the internet. Recent information brought to my attention tell me his name is pronounced "Peeyay" and there is supposed to be an accent over the "e".

I dont like him as much now

Recent information brought to my attention tell me his name is pronounced "Peeyay" and there is supposed to be an accent over the "e"

Spanish for "foot."

If the Marlins don't get footy from the Cubs in a Juan Pierre trade, then we get screwed...

There's no need to trade Pierre, given that we've shaved about $30 million off of next season's payroll, and there aren't any young position players banging down the door to replace him, nor does it seem that teams are banging down our door to get him.

A lot of this could change once Damon's status is decided, as you have to figure that one or two teams will become desperate for a player like Pierre to fill multiple holes. However, this thinking is foolish since the same could have been said for Delgado with Konerko...so don't hold me to anything, or expect Beinfest to act like a rational individual who understands the hold 'em/fold 'em relationship.

In short, Pierre will get traded for a lot less than a lot of us think he's worth, but that's if he's traded, which I would no longer call a certainty.