April 19, 200620 yr I think Olivo is doing well behind the dish, I love the cannon he has, and can hit the ball too, he may turn out league average with outstanding defence. CF is still the issue Jacobs
April 19, 200620 yr Starting pitching. Moehler is playing terribly, vargas has been wild in all 3 of his starts, and i still dont trust mitre
April 19, 200620 yr keeping the team in florida On the field problem: consistency in the lineup behind willingham.
April 19, 200620 yr centerfield's the obvious choice. olivo is an excellent defensive catcher and calls a good game. jacobs is struggling, but not nearly as much as reed/abercrombie. reggie's hit last night broke his 0-22 slump. :blink:
April 19, 200620 yr Jacobs. I told Prin he wasn't going to be stellar this year, but he's struggling to even be average. Concern #2 is the rotation, Moehler and Vargas can't just keep giving it away every start.
April 19, 200620 yr When Jacobs learns to work a count and starts his second go round with most of the pitchers he's facing for the first time and in general is more familiar with the staffs in the NL, I suspect we'll quickly forget what we're seeing right now. It's a process.
April 19, 200620 yr Do you like apples... reggie is 3 for 3... How do u like them apples? lets not give up on him yet...if he learns some disipline at the plate he will be fine :thumbup
April 19, 200620 yr our pitching. nothing else matters if we don't have a bullpen that can hold a lead. today is a perfect example.
April 19, 200620 yr Lack of defensive discpiline is killing us -- always trying to make that spectacular play, instead of playing it safe. I don't know if it's our biggest problem, but it's a problem.
April 19, 200620 yr Author Do you like apples... reggie is 3 for 3... How do u like them apples? lets not give up on him yet...if he learns some disipline at the plate he will be fine :thumbup Quoting Will Hunting is not allowed in this thread.
April 19, 200620 yr Do you like apples... reggie is 3 for 3... How do u like them apples? lets not give up on him yet...if he learns some disipline at the plate he will be fine :thumbup And if I grew 2 foot I would be taller then shaq maybe he will, but I am not ready to jump on that boat. Still missing martinez today
April 19, 200620 yr Home games in San Antonio. As for the team only worry is that some of these guys are getting rushed to the bigs before they're ready. True they may be the best players in the organization but realistically they should be in AA or AAA.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.