Sergio Mitre : Remain or Trade??

Bret Hart

Mitre will come back soon.

So, Here are some choices.

#1. Mitre remains in Marlins as a starter (replaced Moehler or Sanches or Pinto)

#2. Mitre remains in Marlins as a reliever (e.g. emergency starter in doubleheader or 2+ innings reliever)

#3. Marlins option Mitre to AAA (Sanches, Pinto is better than Mitre)

#4. Marlins trade Mitre (will get another CF) ((if necessary, packaged other players))

What do you think about it??

I'd like to see him get a shot as a reliever, although I realise that would mean we're following the same path as the Cubs.

His fastball does have decent movement, and the stuff is there. If you look at the way Logan Kensing has been coached and changed to be a more effective reliever I think its wrong to quit on Mitre at this stage.

But since you been gone

I can breathe for the first time

I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah

Thanks to you, now I get what I want

Since you been gone

Get rid of the worthless turd. He, along with every other talentless player, doesnt belong on an MLB team.

Just not having him on the team is a significant upgrade.

Damn, everyone here seem to have forgotten that Mitre WASN'T THE ONLY GUY STRUGGLING!!!!

Remember this is still a recontruction year, so this should be the year of experiment. If Nolasco and Olsen made a huge comeback from that monsterous road trip from ATL/TB, then Mitre can too. Beside Mitre was the only SP to have a strong start this year.

Mitre wasnt brought in as a long term replacement. He was brought in as a stop gap until young guys were ready. He is no different than Moehler in that regard.

Discard both, it wont matter, since neither are worth a crap.

:rolleyes:

Just like Olivo sucks.

hey Hermida Rules it seems like every f***in marlin is not good enough to be in mlb. DUDE U DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL UR TALKING ABOUT. OHH YEAH AND I FORGOT HOW BAD OLIVO IS AT DEFENSE.. HAVE U EVEN BEEN WATCHING

Before Mitre's last start he "struggled" with a 3.82era

thank u ramp

I like Moehler.

A strong arm doesnt make you good defensively, that's Olivo's problems.

Mitre really doesnt belong in MLB. He was a Cubs cast off most likely forced on us as part of the Pierre trade.

It's cool you mention the start before last with the 3.82 ERA...when the start before the start with a 3.82 ERA he had a 4.56 ERA.

Just face it, Mitre is not good. He has no future here. Why keep him?

I just said Olivo sucks defensively, which he does.

Neither Moehler or Mitre are good pitchers. Why keep them?

:blink: tell that to the Red Sox pplayers trying to steal on him he also really hasent had any problems blocking the ball and calling a good game

I have no dog in the fight, or have any clue how Olivo is defensively, but he was throwing out Trot Nixon and Manny Ramirez.

The problem with you Hermida Rules27 is that you have preconceived opinions of both Olivo, and Mitre from when they were with other teams. Not because you have seen them play but because you only look at stats. You haven't paid attention to their play in a Marlins uniform. Olivo has been very good both offensively, and defensively. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Marlins sign him to a 2 or 3 year contract considering the lack of depth in the catching department we have in the minors. Mitre has alot of talent and is still relatively young. I think he is 25. Most pitchers don't peak until they are 28 or 29 years of age. To say he is crap is very ignorant.

Isn't the logical thing to do regarding Mitre is assess him when he comes back, goes and does a few rehab starts and make a determination based on our needs at the moment whether he's needed as a starter, a reliever or tradebait?

Why the need to even discuss this now? It's like starting a thread on whether Jacob Marceaux should be slotted to start or relieve. These things play themselves out.