LASTINGS MILLEDGE

I've followed many of the top rookies and it seems to me that the best young player to build our future around is Lastings Milledge. By next year, Dontrelle Willis will be priced off our team. I say strike now and send him north for Milledge. Imagine him, Danny Uggla, Cabrera, Jacobs and Hermida in the middle of the order for the next ten years? Milledge not only has the "five tools" we always hear about, but it looks he has that killer instinct and tenacity that makes good players great. Once the Mets call him back up, they will be much less inclined to deal him. Now is the time to bring him here and lets watch his star rise.

The only way you get him is by trading Willis. You don't do this for two reasons:

• Never trade your ace to a division rival
  • Milledge is awful in comparison to Carl Crawford. If you trade Willis, you need to aim high

I saw Milledge the entire time he was up - it's either that or watching Bubba Crosby and Andy Phillips for the Yankees. He really did nothing spectacular and seems overhyped. I could be eating crow in a few years, but my guess is that he amounts to another Jay Payton for the Mets.

I am sorry, I am normally nice to everyone.

But that has to the dumbest thing I have heard in months.

You ont do that the face of the franchise.

Besides which you can get alot more then Milledge for willis and we have been offered a heck of alot more already.

Sorry but that is just foolish, Are you sure you arent a mets fan?

Milledge/Cabrera/Uggla/Jacobs/Hermidia would dominate the NL East for the next ten years.

Can't win with just an offense, and you can't give away the one player who actually resembles an ace in the entire system (forget the fact that he actually wants to stay here long term even after all that went on this past offseason).

Milledge/Cabrera/Uggla/Jacobs/Hermidia would dominate the NL East for the next ten years.

out of all the overrated prospects out there, you want lastings milledge in particular--and you decided to have this epiphany now?

oh, and who the heck is hermidia?

hehe...these mutts trolls are way lame.

Milledge showed all the skills when he was up for them and projects to be a far better player than Carl Crawford. Milledge will be a 30-30 player with ease within 3 years and is a local product.

Milledge hit .233 with 3 HR and 12 RBI in 87 at bats over the course of a month. A .706 OPS is nothing spectacular and he walked a grand total of four times. Stole one base, got caught once. He gunned down a few baserunners, but also made some goofy defensive plays. I'm not ready to christen him the next Carlos Beltran right now.

Oh and Carl Crawford already has 32 steals and is just about halfway to 30 HR. Not too bad for a 24 year old playing in a lopsided dome on a team nobody cares about. Don't even start comparing Milledge to Crawford. He's closer to Reggie Abercrombie right now (I know I probably shouldn't have said that).

I've followed many of the top rookies and it seems to me that the best young player to build our future around is Lastings Milledge. By next year, Dontrelle Willis will be priced off our team. I say strike now and send him north for Milledge. Imagine him, Danny Uggla, Cabrera, Jacobs and Hermida in the middle of the order for the next ten years? Milledge not only has the "five tools" we always hear about, but it looks he has that killer instinct and tenacity that makes good players great. Once the Mets call him back up, they will be much less inclined to deal him. Now is the time to bring him here and lets watch his star rise.

:ban

The only deal I'd make with the Mets for Willis are two deals that they wouldn't do:

David Wright straight up or Pelfry Bannister and Milledge.

Remember, Dontrelle's guaranteed to be yours through 2009, and if he were a free agent this offseason, he'd easily get 5 years $75 million, that's bang-for-the-buck.

TSwift for the most part I agree with you, but would Loria pay for D-Train

's contact?

If so I'm more skeptical about the deal - I'd still probably accept Lastings + Pelfrey + prospect for D-Train, but that's definitely just me. I'd also be willing to listen to some packages the D-Backs, Angels, and Dodgers, among others, could put togther. But then again I'm trying to look ahead a few years into the future so it might be different.

If Loria is willing to pay for both Dontrelle and Cabs through arbitration then I have zero problem with your position.

out of all the overrated prospects out there, you want lastings milledge in particular--and you decided to have this epiphany now?

oh, and who the heck is hermidia?

hehe...these mutts trolls are way lame.

My thoughts exactly, thanks for the post.

TSwift for the most part I agree with you, but would Loria pay for D-Train

's contact?

If so I'm more skeptical about the deal - I'd still probably accept Lastings + Pelfrey + prospect for D-Train, but that's definitely just me. I'd also be willing to listen to some packages the D-Backs, Angels, and Dodgers, among others, could put togther. But then again I'm trying to look ahead a few years into the future so it might be different.

If Loria is willing to pay for both Dontrelle and Cabs through arbitration then I have zero problem with your position.

If Loria isn't willing to pay the two for at least the next two years, he has no business owning a major league team.

That's the mind set I'm using.

Beyond 2008, it's anyone's guess, but through then (when we should have a stadium, somewhere) I'm assuming they won't price themselves out of our budget, no matter what the Daily News wants you to believe.

Edwin Encarnacion>LASTINGS MILLEDGE

No way I would give uo 26(?) year old ace, for an outfield prospect.

24*

Even better. That would make trading Willis for Milledge that more retarded. How old is Milledge like 22 or 23?

Milledge is 21. And as much as I like him, I would trade him straight up for Willis in half a heart beat.