Cabrera wants to play for Alou

San Francisco Chronicle - Miguel Cabrera has been the subject of trade speculation and said on Monday that he would prefer to play for a manager that speaks Spanish. He was then asked about Felipe Alou, skipper of the Giants.

"I'd like to play for Felipe, but I don't know if I'll get the chance," said Cabrera, who's from Venezuela. "He's one of the great managers in the big leagues. I've talked to him, and he's a great man."

THIS DOES NOT SOUND VERY GOOD AT ALL!!!!!

He has also said he loves playing with the Marlins and has asked not to be traded.

He didn't just come out and say "I want to go play for Felipe", he said he's a great manager who if he ever had the chance to play for he wouldnt mind.

This isn't even newsworthy.

San Francisco Chronicle - Miguel Cabrera has been the subject of trade speculation and said on Monday that he would prefer to play for a manager that speaks Spanish. He was then asked about Felipe Alou, skipper of the Giants.

"I'd like to play for Felipe, but I don't know if I'll get the chance," said Cabrera, who's from Venezuela. "He's one of the great managers in the big leagues. I've talked to him, and he's a great man."

Cabs didn't just come out and say this, reporters probed him and kept asking questions to get him to say something controversial.

Reporter: "Would you like to play for a manager who speaks spanish, like Felipe Alou?"

Of course that's what Cabs' response will be.

Do you ever post anything that has positive spin on it or are you depressed 24/7?

It's not like the Marlins will give him 80-100 million dollars in the future anyway. I always thought we should have hired Fredi Gonzalez as manager but Girardi has done a good job.

Why?

Can't you put that to rest? Fredi wasn't hired because the team obviously felt that Joe Girardi was their best bet to start anew.

Who knows if the Marlins will or won't give Miguel 80-100 Million Dollars? If they get their stadium, the skies the limit IMHO.

It's not like the Marlins will give him 80-100 million dollars in the future anyway. I always thought we should have hired Fredi Gonzalez as manager but Girardi has done a good job.

Whats with this obsession with Fredi Gonzalez? If he is such a great coach why is he still coaching 3rd base?

If the Marlins get a new stadium its almost a LOCK that they will give Cabs 10/100 MIL

I'm glad he said it.

The lack of any latin presence in the coaching staff is glaring.

Cabs can hardly speak English, and if you've listened to any of his interviews, you'd notice that his comprehension is even worse. When I see clips of his recent 'chat' with Girardi, I keep wondering how much of that chat Cabs actually understood. And I'm sure Cabs isn't the only player on our team who has trouble with English.

Maybe we'll hire somebody next year.