Who do you think will be better in the long run...

El Guapo

Beckett - Has been nothing special except for the W.S.

Pavano - Keeps getting hurt and only one solid season

Penny - Finally getting how to be a pitcher

Burnett - nothing special except no a ugly no-hitter

Willis - Up's and Down's

vs.

Johnson - Rookie 10 - 6 with a 2.69 era

Nolasco - Rookie 10-7 with a 4.15 era

Olsen - Rookie 9-6 with a 4.19 era

Sanchez - Rookie 4-2 with a 4.13 era

Willis - Vet 7-9 with a 4.08 era

I think our new 5 will be better but my brother says these guys will not be better than our old 5......

Choose and explain

Willis - Up's and Down's

Redman - Pitch for Fish in 03 and had an great year even as the 5th starter

This 5 were pretty tough when they were in our team.

Our 5 right now has alot of potential, Burnett and Beckett were always banged up so it was hard to keep them in the rotation together for long periods of time. Pavano had a great years with us but once he got hurt wit the Yankees he just hasnt been able to pitch much.

Penny has been consistent pretty much always to me, now wit the Dodgers everyone is seeing that and he will continue to blossom if he stays healthy.

Once our guys iron out their little kinks here and there, they could be a dominating force for years to come.

Beckett / Olson

Pavano / Johnson

Penny / Nolasco

Burnett / Sanchez

I know Beckett has not become an elite pitcher but he can dominate a game, a big game. Olsen has yet to show that and that is not something easily done. Until he wins that HUGE game, it's Josh Beckett.

Pavano had a couple of solid seasons....one must wonder if that was totally skill or if he had some sort of boost considering his post-contract injuries. Johnson is a smart pitcher like Pavano. Not a dominator but always keeps ya in the game. I think his size and ability to master the strike zone so early in his career puts him ahead of Pavano.

Penny always had talent and threw the ball all over the place. Nolasco seems very similar. Penny right now is one tough pitcher....I go with Penny until we see more.

AJ / Sanchez - still think we have yet to see enough of Sanchez. I am not an AJ fan...he does not have the mindset to win big games are to deal with pressures of the game in away way.

You know, it's funny...you look at that Old 5, and you think of them as the Marlins 2003-04 rotation. But you know what? I can't remember any time when those 5 pitched on 5 consecutive nights. AJ and Beckett were hurt in 2003....Pavano and Penny left in 2004. The best it ever got for us was when Beckett got healthy at the end of 2003 and we had Beckett\Pavano\Willis\Penny\Redman, but even THEN, Willis lost it at the end of the year and was removed from the rotation in the playoffs!

Therefore, I think the New 5 is better, because the "Old 5" never really ever existed as a real rotation. It's imaginary....we never had access to all 5 of those guys at any one time. And I'd rather have these 5 than any 3 of those guys, which is really the most we ever had at one time.

i dont thin k beckett ws garage at all. if it wasent for him we wouldnt have won the WS or the Cubs series either. and he had injuries but still put up good numbers every year. i wish we could have kept him since he is still young and is a power pitcher plus has nasty curve. penny i really never like he was an a**hole and hard to handle. pavano wanted to much money for 1 good year then he gets injured, redman suckd and sucks now. and burnett has nasty stuff put cant put it together and he is in the "prime" of his career so he better start shaping up

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Just remember who originally posted that.

Oh, you were serious?

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

anyways, it's too hard to tell.

Just remember who originally posted that.

Willis - Up's and Down's

vs.

Johnson - Rookie 10 - 6 with a 2.69 era

Nolasco - Rookie 10-7 with a 4.15 era

Olsen - Rookie 9-6 with a 4.19 era

Sanchez - Rookie 4-2 with a 4.13 era

Willis - Vet 7-9 with a 4.08 era

I think our new 5 will be better but my brother says these guys will not be better than our old 5......

Choose and explain

Beckett is special! he may have some down but he is very special

Everyone is ignoring the realty here. Beckett, burnett, and penny were not as good as johnson, nolasco, and olsen in their rookie seasons. The previous three all had problems with egos, with adjustments, and injury. So far the latter three with the exception of olsen have been more mature, the new three have been more consistent and more willing to listen to advice to develop into better players and as of yet have been healthier.