Amezaga

Iowa

You guys make it sound like Reggie is Willie Mays with a glove in the OF.. He's better than AA but come on, it's not worth putting that bat in the lineup.

We have the pitching to win.. we need the offense to produce to have a shot. We're dead last in runs in the majors... and nothing is worse than an automatic out in a lineup.. getting on base at the bottom of the order is very important so we can turn the lineup over and get it to the big boys.

..and the whole future thing? Our future has stepped up this year, he is not the future. He's 26. You know we have no future CFer.. we're just plugging the hole until next year.

I don't understand though.. if he thinks he is in our future, why has he not been playing everyday in AAA when he obviously can't hit MLB pitching at this point?

supposedly he is getting "one on one" help everyday up here with the big club while he wouldnt be getting the same tutoring down there

I don't understand though.. if he thinks he is in our future, why has he not been playing everyday in AAA when he obviously can't hit MLB pitching at this point?

supposedly he is getting "one on one" help everyday up here with the big club while he wouldnt be getting the same tutoring down there

yup

he's trying,he's getting alot of help which is much needed for him right now and he seems to be cooperating which is really nice

i saw this video with samson and they showed Fitch and he was in the Cages working on his swing

Which brings me one of my favorite recurring thoughts, pops up about once a year - it might worthwhile for MLB to consider a "taxi squad" ala the NFL - players not on the roster who practice with the team.

I've thought for awhile there are numerous scenarios where a guy like Reggie could be on a taxi squad and get the daily one on one coaching at the MLB level that obviously the organization thinks is in their and his best interest. Or a pitcher working on a new pitch or coming back from rehabbing, etc., but not ready to be on the active roster who wants/needs to be working with his MLB level pitching coach vs being in AA/AAA with someone who isn't as well versed or knowledgable about that player.

You have to limit it so that it doesn't just for all intents and purposes expand the roster to 28 players, or be a way for rich teams to hide talent from Rule 5 type drafts.

You pay the MLB minimum in the case of a guy like Reggie, their service time counts, MLBPA gets dues, you limit it to hypothetically three players per team. They can be activated or returned to the taxi squad without waiver processing.

Just a thought.

i really dislike amezaga... he's certainly not over and above our other outfield players to warrant an everyday spot out there. I think his stretch in center should end, and let borchard/ross/abercrombie get their own little stretch of games.

Amezaga should be kept for next year as a backup infielder.... and never set foot in center again. Cuz if he does, that means we still don't have an outfield.