Yankees Ensure Pennant By Signing Every Player In Baseball

I've been starting to root for the Yankees over the past few years just because I'm annoyed by all these mindless hating just because they're the best franchise in sports...the hatred is pretty much jealousy

:blink:

So a baseball team who wins more than anyone else is as bad as a group that commited genocide on various groups and was responsible for the deaths of millions?

the yankees have commited genocide on baseball and are responsible for the deaths of millions of real baseball fans souls

you're a moron...explain how...because they win a lot?

Without the Yankees, there wouldn't be Major League Baseball

:blink: baseball has been fine thats like saying there would be no football if it wasnt for the cowboys

Gotta love how everyone wants to liberalize everything now. If something is too good, powerful or better then everyone else we have to figure out ways or put in stipulations or penalties to bring them down to the mediocre so that everyone can have their turn at competing.

Everything has to be nice, fair, and even. Instead of rooting or respecting the best we villanize it.

Sad.

I've been starting to root for the Yankees over the past few years just because I'm annoyed by all these mindless hating just because they're the best franchise in sports...the hatred is pretty much jealousy

So a baseball team who wins more than anyone else is as bad as a group that commited genocide on various groups and was responsible for the deaths of millions?

the yankees have commited genocide on baseball and are responsible for the deaths of millions of real baseball fans souls

and therein lies the problem. small market clubs can in NO WAY spend the money the Yanks and Sox can. that's just a simple fact. It's like having a salary cap for only half the teams. small market clubs are FORCED to build through the farm system and if their prospects don't all develop into ***** and all at the right time, they don't have a real chance. Ask any baseball expert.

And while some teams are just better than others, sports teams having a clear-cut advantage over other sports teams spoils some fans and ****** off others. And a lot of historically winning teams have a gigantic crowd of bandwagoner fans and cocky fans who think they are just more intelligent than fans of teams who lose more often. Steinbrenner's WS Championships are watered-down. Winning with a payroll of around $200 million waters it down if the Yankees do happen to win the World Series.It becomes unimpressive.Yankees make the sport less likeable. More undecisive soon-to-be sports fans make the right decision and turn to either college sports or the NFL.

also that Luxury Tax Steinbrenner pays is just chump change and has very little impact. By the way that Luxury Tax becomes a write off .

You can 'compete' with lower payrolls

but you will not compete year in and year out and when the Yanks, Sox, etc are nearing 200million all you can do is hope to win a playoff series.

Last ten years the only "small" market teams" to win a World Series-Florida and Arizona. NY Yanks-4times, 4 in 5 years. They have choked in recent years but they do have more talent than any other team. Even with key injuries they just go out and trade for/buy new players. How would the Twins or A's be doing if two or 3 bigtime players on their team were gone for the year?

Baseballs system is messed up, how anyone can even with a straightface watch the sport get passed by the likes of Nascar and act as though its in great shape is just being silly. Baseball is a 2nd rate American sport, thats a tragedy. Most fans just dont care about it. Why should they? Their team has no shot. Bringing up two teams like the As and Twins who make solid runs only to be passed by teams with stacked payrolls isnt making a point.

Baseball sucks right now for like 80% of the league, knowing they have no legit shot.

and therein lies the problem. small market clubs can in NO WAY spend the money the Yanks and Sox can. that's just a simple fact. It's like having a salary cap for only half the teams. small market clubs are FORCED to build through the farm system and if their prospects don't all develop into ***** and all at the right time, they don't have a real chance. Ask any baseball expert.

And while some teams are just better than others, sports teams having a clear-cut advantage over other sports teams spoils some fans and ****** off others. And a lot of historically winning teams have a gigantic crowd of bandwagoner fans and cocky fans who think they are just more intelligent than fans of teams who lose more often. Steinbrenner's WS Championships are watered-down. Winning with a payroll of around $200 million waters it down if the Yankees do happen to win the World Series.It becomes unimpressive.Yankees make the sport less likeable. More undecisive soon-to-be sports fans make the right decision and turn to either college sports or the NFL.

also that Luxury Tax Steinbrenner pays is just chump change and has very little impact. By the way that Luxury Tax becomes a write off .

but you will not compete year in and year out and when the Yanks, Sox, etc are nearing 200million all you can do is hope to win a playoff series.

Last ten years the only "small" market teams" to win a World Series-Florida and Arizona. NY Yanks-4times, 4 in 5 years. They have choked in recent years but they do have more talent than any other team. Even with key injuries they just go out and trade for/buy new players. How would the Twins or A's be doing if two or 3 bigtime players on their team were gone for the year?

Baseballs system is messed up, how anyone can even with a straightface watch the sport get passed by the likes of Nascar and act as though its in great shape is just being silly. Baseball is a 2nd rate American sport, thats a tragedy. Most fans just dont care about it. Why should they? Their team has no shot. Bringing up two teams like the As and Twins who make solid runs only to be passed by teams with stacked payrolls isnt making a point.

Baseball sucks right now for like 80% of the league, knowing they have no legit shot.

:notworthy BINGO I agree with you on everything specially the fan part I live two blocks from the stadium and 99% of Yankee fan are just how you describe them to be

The Marlins are a small market club? Of the 10 teams with $90 million payrolls, half of them are in a smaller market than Miami, or it's like a smaller market because they have to split it with another team...

It's not that they can't spend money, it's that they choose not to spend money, or they haven't managed their team the right way so they can spend money

And while some teams are just better than others, sports teams having a clear-cut advantage over other sports teams spoils some fans and ****** off others. And a lot of historically winning teams have a gigantic crowd of bandwagoner fans and cocky fans who think they are just more intelligent than fans of teams who lose more often. Steinbrenner's WS Championships are watered-down. Winning with a payroll of around $200 million waters it down if the Yankees do happen to win the World Series.It becomes

unimpressive.Yankees make the sport less likeable. More undecisive soon-to-be sports fans make the right decision and turn to either college sports or the NFL.

why? the larger payroll just shows that Steinbrenner has more dedication to winning that any other owner...and college sports? there's a lot more parity in MLB than there are in college sports...look at the top 25 teams in college football every year...with the exception of a few spots, it's pretty much the same teams in there year after year...and the NFL has become a joke with the way they're trying to make it so eventually every team will go 8-8

You know why the Yankees and Sox can spend that kind of money? Because they winning...having a large payroll doesn't allow you to win...winning allows you to have a large payroll

Miami and Phoenix are hardly small markets...basically, all you're doing is blaming Steinbrenner for the Twins and A's ownerships being cheap

No legit shot? MLB has more parity than any other sport:

# of champions in last six years:

MLB: 6 (20%)

NBA: 4 (13.3%)

NFL: 4 (12.5%)

# of teams to reach the championship in the last six years:

MLB: 10 (33.3%)

NFL: 10 (31.3%)

NBA: 7 (23.3%)

Sounds like a 5 year old wrote that article. It's probably funny to 5 year olds too.

:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

lighten up. it's a joke. it's hypothetical if you haven't noticed.

Yes, we know it's a joke... but what we are trying to get at is that it's a really bad one.

You know why the Yankees and Sox can spend that kind of money? Because they winning...having a large payroll doesn't allow you to win...winning allows you to have a large payroll

Wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

do u actully think what the yankees have done to baseball is right

yeah...without them baseball isnt as interesting...besides, theyre not breaking any of the rules. doing whatever you can (within the rules) to win isnt wrong

yeah...without them baseball isnt as interesting...besides, theyre not breaking any of the rules. doing whatever you can (within the rules) to win isnt wrong

Take this from someone who lives 3 blocks away in my opinion Yankee fans are the most annoying always bragging about there 26 championships when most of them happened in the black and white era some people cant name a player from the Yankee thats not Jeter

Take this from someone who lives 3 blocks away in my opinion Yankee fans are the most annoying always bragging about there 26 championships when most of them happened in the black and white era some people cant name a player from the Yankee thats not Jeter

If my team won 26 rings, I'd brag about it too

I never knew it was wrong to be a really successful franchise

If my team won 26 rings, I'd brag about it too

I never knew it was wrong to be a really successful franchise

You my friend missed the point