So let me get this straight

Iowa

Ever.

I'd say that's pretty crazy. This season has been every bit as special to watch as 2003.

i'd go as far to say that as of right now.. this season has been more special to watch than 2003..

ya know.. i was just sitting here about the notable firsts the marlins have achieved...

first team to win a world series as a wild card.. and twice at that...

and first team to rise above .500 after being at least 20 games under..

are there any others that im missing??

first team to be predicted to lose 100+ games then come back and make the playoffs? i'm sure thats a first

How do you quantify something that's purely subjective?

Anyway, what was the record the Astros had last year before they went on their run? Weren't they like 15 or so games under?

Ever.

I'd say that's pretty crazy. This season has been every bit as special to watch as 2003.

i'd go as far to say that as of right now.. this season has been more special to watch than 2003..

ya know.. i was just sitting here about the notable firsts the marlins have achieved...

I cant agree with you there. The Marlins just started getting noticed a few weeks ago. Back in 2003 they got the ball rolling in early june and were getting larger crowds, tv ratings and were in the wild card hunt for the last 3.5 months. Although what this team has done is amazing, we werent thinking wild card 2 weeks ago (realistically).

Ever.

I cant agree with you there. The Marlins just started getting noticed a few weeks ago. Back in 2003 they got the ball rolling in early june and were getting larger crowds, tv ratings and were in the wild card hunt for the last 3.5 months. Although what this team has done is amazing, we werent thinking wild card 2 weeks ago (realistically).

As early as late June the Marlins were 5.5 out of the WC and were playing better than all the teams in front of them.

first team to be predicted to lose 100+ games then come back and make the playoffs? i'm sure thats a first

How do you quantify something that's purely subjective?

Anyway, what was the record the Astros had last year before they went on their run? Weren't they like 15 or so games under?

remember the white sox in 2005, were predicted to come in 4th in the division.