For our Fish

DolphinStadiumCrazie

I know we didn't make the playoffs, and the season is not yet over, i just have to say how thankful I am for this team, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that this team has made this year a loottttttt more fun, so for Girardi,Loria,and the team....

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

After last year... we were mad, during the offseason..we were mad, during the 1st 42 games...we were mad. But somehow, everything came together, and I just dont wanna see this end like the rest of yall.

Been one of the most enjoyable seasons ever. This team is so much fun to watch day in and day out and I'm going to miss them when the season ends.

I'm putting a countdown up on top the minute this season ends, I can't wait for Spring Traning to start so we have another full season to look forward to.

Been one of the most enjoyable seasons ever. This team is so much fun to watch day in and day out and I'm going to miss them when the season ends.

I'm putting a countdown up on top the minute this season ends, I can't wait for Spring Traning to start so we have another full season to look forward to.

Yeah, im gonna go to like all the ST games, Ill be desperate.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I don't think that I've enjoyed watching any team as much as this one. From top to bottom there isn't an unlikeable player on this squad. They've just been so much fun to watch.

As fun a season as 2003 and that team remains my all time favorite team in any sport. One day we will look back and realize how this year's team struck gold at practically every position. 4 stud rookie SP in one year? Unprecedented. Hanley- future all star. Uggla-one of the best rookie finds in the last 10 years. Jacobs- very solid start to what should be a solid career. Willingham-maybe not the upside of some but looks like an established hitter already. Olivio- another Uggla-type find off the scrap heap.

To have the heat and this Marins team in one year? We are spoiled and I love it!

The things I remember most wre things said in the stands.

My section has alot of regs, people who have been there since at least 2003 and as April became May and the team started win, there was buzz about this team before the press jumped ever so carefully and begrudgingly on the bandwagon. People started becoming attached to team in a way they never did in 2005, especially down the stretch when the guys just hung up their jocks and waite for their paychecks.

Then there was that moment inmid- July, looking out to left center and realizing I was scoreboard watching. Scoreboard watching? WTF?, OMG we're six games out in the wildcard !!!

It's been that way all summer as more people returned to our section to watch this team in action. The band of teachers from Broward, the single parent russian stripper who drove down from north of PBC so her baseball obsessed 10 year old, his brain filled with every conceivable stat could see his first mlb game. The oldcuban women who knew more about baseball than two-thirds of the people here (and that's not meant disrespectfully). All in all it's been great fun.

Now we're watching another drama unfold and I for one don't yet believe Girardi is 100% gone. Maybe 99% but not all the way. I'd almost bet he doesn't leave, that somehow Loria brings Beinfest and Girardi together and brings about peace in our time. Stranger things have happened.

Girardi seems humbled by the turn of events, Loria is being silent as is Beinfest, there's a fine line to be walked here by everyone involved, Loria have to make sure above all Beinfest is satisfied and without a malignering grudge that leads to him counting the days until his contract is up, Girardi realizing you really can't try to bar the owner from coming in his clubhouse or let a subordinate dress him down in public as Tuck did (possible fallguy in the making) if truly wants to stay. Perhaps Joe learns to take a little advice now and again and understand everyone plays a role in achieving a common goal.

Tonight's game was the culmination of a glorious season, nothing really can top this victory. Sanchez gets 10, Ramirez has an inside the parker, Alfredo afer an early costly mistake, makes three or four great plays to save as many runs, including a jumping wall-banging catch, all from a utility infielder playing with Vlad Guerrero's spare glove, Helms, Pinto become a major league pitcher, Tank doing his thing.

Hell of a season.

Russian stripper.

:mischief

Yes, I believe that's what I said.

I wasn't questioning what you wrote. It was a very well written post. It does put into words how special this season was. I just thought there might have been something here that made it extra special.

Actually it was watching another generation (her son) fall in love with the game that made it meaningful. He was sitting right behind me when the game started and every play he'd explain to is mom this or that and had a wizard-like command of stats. After about three innings I finally had to turn around and say "You're kid is very special".

And he was.

For those of us that are true fans of this team and had no idea what to expect out of them this season, this has truly been one of the most unexpected, historical, magical and any other word you want to describe this wonderful magic carpet ride that this team has been on all season. We literally watched this team grow up in front of our eyes as 7 months ago, we had no idea what to expect out of guys like Dan Uggla, Josh Johnson, Josh Willingham, nor know that a team could be 20 games below .500 and come all the way back to go past .500 for only the second time in recorded history!

We got to experience things as fans that no other fan of a team might ever get to experience and we can walk away from this season knowing that the future is looking very bright and another Championship parade may only be a few short years away. This is only the beginning, the best is yet to come!