Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would you be in favor of Bonds in Teal?

Featured Replies

Personally I would only show up to boo him. I'm not a fan of his and wouldn't want him, not because I believed he cheated but for his being a jerk on and off the field.

as great as a player he, he would probally be a very bad influence on the players i.e. Miguel Cabrera. I would only accept him if he changed his ways in the locker room like Frank Thomas has.

When I read Shaq type signing all I could picture was Shaq?s big splash arrival stepping out of that diesel truck shooting water at fans while flashing that mega-watt smile. Then I thought of Barry.

 

Sorry, I know that?s not what you meant but the contrasting image was hard to shake.

 

In any case, I'd rather not. I don't see him holding up health-wise. Also, do we really need an even bigger negative circus in town?

Hell yeah I'd want Bonds... but I dont think it would be possible with the money issue. He would bring sooooo many fans to the park while chasing Hank. Miguel would put up freakin crazy numbers hitting in front of him too.

I can almost guarantee he will be with the Giants next season. He had made it pretty clear that he wants to stay in San Francisco and doesn't have the desire to play anywhere else. And the Giants realize that the fans in San Francisco love him. If he's going to break the record, he's doing it in a Giants uni.

 

 

Peter Magowan disagrees:

 

As I said... I can't guarantee that he'll be a Giant next season... :p

Hello no! But i'd be in favor of him in an orange jumpsuit cuz that

f@#$%@ belongs in jail.

 

 

 

 

Dont believe the hype about Barry. Innocent until proven guilty.

 

 

 

And by the way, You are quickly climbing the ladder of the most annoying posters.

 

 

 

I'll let you know when you reach the top.

 

:thumbup

Even though I hate Barry, i'd love to see him in a Marlins uniform, that would be awesome.

He's obviously still a major impact player despite the injuries but it seems to be taking it's toll. I think if he doesn't stay with the Giants he would prefer the AL at this point.

Hello no! But i'd be in favor of him in an orange jumpsuit cuz that

f@#$%@ belongs in jail.

 

 

 

 

Dont believe the hype about Barry. Innocent until proven guilty.

 

 

 

And by the way, You are quickly climbing the ladder of the most annoying posters.

 

 

 

I'll let you know when you reach the top.

 

:thumbup

 

Listen, "the dork" you would never say something like that to my face so stop trying to act all

hard behind your computer little girl.

I'm pretty sure TheDon is a 40 something year old man.

 

 

 

But peace, gentlemen.

I'm pretty sure TheDon is a 40 something year old man.

 

 

 

But peace, gentlemen.

 

I hear he's a looker

I'm pretty sure TheDon is a 40 something year old man.

 

 

 

But peace, gentlemen.

 

 

 

Well he whines like an 80 year old woman who just

wet her depends diaper.

I wasnt harsh enough earlier. Bonds shouldnt even be playing baseball. He is the biggest cheater in the history of the game, a racist, a wife beater, and a tax evasionist. He belongs in jail with all the other miserable excuses for human beings out there.

 

So no...no Florida Marlins for one of the biggest pieces of crap that has ever existed in professional sports. Or life for that matter.

I'm pretty sure TheDon is a 40 something year old man.

 

 

 

But peace, gentlemen.

 

I hear he's a looker

He's 41 to be precise and he has an idustrial engineering degree.

From Northwestern, right? :mischief

Pass on Bonds, first that would never happen for the marlins, and secondly it would defeat what this team is going for and that my fellow marlins fans is a youth movement.

I wasnt harsh enough earlier. Bonds shouldnt even be playing baseball. He is the biggest cheater in the history of the game, a racist, a wife beater, and a tax evasionist. He belongs in jail with all the other miserable excuses for human beings out there.

 

So no...no Florida Marlins for one of the biggest pieces of crap that has ever existed in professional sports. Or life for that matter.

Does Bonds go out of his way to be nice? No. Is he grumpy and curt? Yes.

 

Is he really the biggest cheater? Can you really differentiate between levels of cheating? It's like being pregnant: either you are you aren't. Why has Barry Bonds been singled out as the lone culprit when so many others have done the same thing?

 

Are his behaviors really so unique in the world of sports? No.

 

Why does Bobby Cox have immunity from beating his wife? Why does Mark McGuire get a free pass for cheating? Why do football players get away with murder? And why does Barry Bonds carry the onus of every misdeed and transgression when no one else does? Are you really such a sucker for a smile? If Barry grinned while cheating would you sleep better at night?

 

Put him in teal. Let him sulk, but let him swing. Christ, buy him a tripod to prop up his enormous head, but let all the fans come rolling in as he marches towards 756.

Why are we talking about this? I'd say there's a higher chance of putting Alex Penelas in center field than getting Barry in a Marlins uniform.

CHEATER OR NOT, BAD OR GOOD. It is good for business and baseball. When you can have a player who can fill the seats, let alone PRODUCE! YUP it worth the money. DO IT IF POSSIBLE.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.