Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plane crashes into high-rise in New York City

Featured Replies

They just reported Lidle died in the crash.

Unbelievable. We have the news on in our sales room on the plasma on the wall. I saw Lidle's picture pop up and I just figured he was being interviewed b/c we have the TV on mute. This is shocking news. Prayers go out to his family.

Whoever it was, it appears to be a suicide to me.

3 earned runs in 1.1 innings pitched in the playoffs is REALLY bad, but I don't know if I would KILL myself over it...

 

I wonder what happened.

They found Lidle's passport on the street below. It would appear that Lidle was the pilot, and he was alone, but it has not been 100% confirmed.

Pretty sublime sight I saw walking home.

 

6th avenue (which goes uptown), as far as the eye could see there were sirens and lights.

 

Terrible news about Lidle, terrible.

If I recall correctly, some dude killed himself the same way in Tampa a few years ago. My prayers are with his family, but not with Lidle. Suicide is a selfish thing in itself, but if other people were killed along with him, then that's just horrible.

  • Author

If I recall correctly, some dude killed himself the same way in Tampa a few years ago. My prayers are with his family, but not with Lidle. Suicide is a selfish thing in itself, but if other people were killed along with him, then that's just horrible.

 

 

where are the reports that says this is a suicide...people shouldn't assume anything...damn early reports show the plane was having issues....how can anyone assume that Mr. Lidle killed himself.

 

Anyhow thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family in this time of need

RIP

 

Never thought that it would have been a Yankee player on board. Makes you wonder how things would have been different if the yanks continued in the playoffs.

They found Lidle's passport on the street below. It would appear that Lidle was the pilot, and he was alone, but it has not been 100% confirmed.

 

Reports say he owned the plane and was piloting it.

If I recall correctly, some dude killed himself the same way in Tampa a few years ago. My prayers are with his family, but not with Lidle. Suicide is a selfish thing in itself, but if other people were killed along with him, then that's just horrible.

 

wow way to make an insensitive comment that has no evidence behind it during this horrible event....

If I recall correctly, some dude killed himself the same way in Tampa a few years ago. My prayers are with his family, but not with Lidle. Suicide is a selfish thing in itself, but if other people were killed along with him, then that's just horrible.

 

Who said it was suicide? According to the news, it was a mechanical failure of the plane.

 

R.I.P Cory Lidle :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.