Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most "Absurd" Signing

Featured Replies

Couldn't find Speier's but I know it was quite a bit.....

 

It's gotta be Juan Pierre. Yeah Matthews hasn't strung together a consistent career, but his capabilities are much higher than Juan's.

Gary matthews Jr hands down up until last season we really hadn't seen anything to be excited abot him. he was a 4th outfielder with an oustanding glove...Is he a 1 year wonder? The Angels will find out very soon...HUGE GAMBLE

1) Matthews

2) Garciaparre

3) Pierre

4) Soriano

5) De Rosa

 

And I HATE the Soriano deal.

 

The West sucks.

Nomar for 2 years at $19 million when Loney's a ready and capable 1st baseman.

 

 

 

 

Isnt Loney's sample size very small though? I know he had like 9 RBI's in one game but........

why is catalanotto on there? with the way the market is going, 4.5 million for a guy with a .376 OBP and a good enough slugging percentage is a steal

why is catalanotto on there? with the way the market is going, 4.5 million for a guy with a .376 OBP and a good enough slugging percentage is a steal

yep, Frank should fire his agent

Nomar for 2 years at $19 million when Loney's a ready and capable 1st baseman.

 

 

 

 

Isnt Loney's sample size very small though? I know he had like 9 RBI's in one game but........

 

He flat out obliterated AAA at 22 this season. .380/.426/.546/.972 and it translated to a .901 OPS in his 100 AB's with the Dodgers.

 

I'll tell you what, if the Dodgers decide to make Loney available now, even with Jacobs, I'd pounce.

Nomar for 2 years at $19 million when Loney's a ready and capable 1st baseman.

 

 

 

 

Isnt Loney's sample size very small though? I know he had like 9 RBI's in one game but........

 

He flat out obliterated AAA at 22 this season. .380/.426/.546/.972 and it translated to a .901 OPS in his 100 AB's with the Dodgers.

 

I'll tell you what, if the Dodgers decide to make Loney available now, even with Jacobs, I'd pounce.

 

JD Drew opted out of his contract..Loney will start in RF

Sorinao's and Pierre's seemed to be the highest. I picked Alfonso's because last year was a career year for him, you don't know if he can keep that production since he is usually that .260 hitter that will hit about 35 or more home runs.

Nomar for 2 years at $19 million when Loney's a ready and capable 1st baseman.

 

 

 

 

Isnt Loney's sample size very small though? I know he had like 9 RBI's in one game but........

 

He flat out obliterated AAA at 22 this season. .380/.426/.546/.972 and it translated to a .901 OPS in his 100 AB's with the Dodgers.

 

I'll tell you what, if the Dodgers decide to make Loney available now, even with Jacobs, I'd pounce.

 

JD Drew opted out of his contract..Loney will start in RF

They have JP, Ethier and Kemp so if Loney plays RF what happens to Kemp or Ethier? I guess they would rather overpay for veterans than play their cheap young hot-shot prospects. Idiotic.

Nomar for 2 years at $19 million when Loney's a ready and capable 1st baseman.

 

 

 

 

Isnt Loney's sample size very small though? I know he had like 9 RBI's in one game but........

 

He flat out obliterated AAA at 22 this season. .380/.426/.546/.972 and it translated to a .901 OPS in his 100 AB's with the Dodgers.

 

I'll tell you what, if the Dodgers decide to make Loney available now, even with Jacobs, I'd pounce.

 

JD Drew opted out of his contract..Loney will start in RF

 

With Pierre in the fold, and Ethier showing he belongs and Kemp probably the highest ceilinged player in their outfield, I don't see how Loney starts in right-field.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.