November 28, 200619 yr Moronic? Well certainly your expetise in that area is something I'll have to defer to. No one takes a backseat to you in that department.
November 28, 200619 yr Moronic? Well certainly your expetise in that area is something I'll have to defer to. No one takes a backseat to you in that department. I love it. When you've been backed into a corner you just result to mudslinging. Sad, really, but oh so predictable..
November 28, 200619 yr Moronic? Well certainly your expetise in that area is something I'll have to defer to. No one takes a backseat to you in that department. I love it. When you've been backed into a corner you just result to mudslinging. Sad, really, but oh so predictable.. Did Jacobs not sign a baseball for you or something.
November 28, 200619 yr Moronic? Well certainly your expetise in that area is something I'll have to defer to. No one takes a backseat to you in that department. I love it. When you've been backed into a corner you just result to mudslinging. Sad, really, but oh so predictable.. Your paranoia is showing again Swifty. tsk tsk
November 29, 200619 yr let's summarize: JACOBS IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE! only 3 people we can say arent going anywhere Hanley, Uggla, Cabrera
November 29, 200619 yr Author For anyone not liking or seeing the Dontrelle Willis/Steve Avery comparison... Steve Avery 1990-1994 IP: 918 W: 58 L: 39 ERA: 3.57 BB: 279 K: 588 Hits: 869 WHIP: 1.25 K/BB: 2.11-1 Dontrelle Willis 2003-2006 IP: 817 W: 58 L: 39 ERA: 3.43 BB: 257 K: 611 Hits 805 WHIP: 1.30 K/BB: 2.38-1 Avery at this age had 100 extra innings but as you can see ERA/WHIP and K/BB ratio are all very similar. Steve Avery for those that may be too young to remember was a highly touted Braves prospect. Being compared to him at this time stats wise does not bring Willis down, it just shows that Avery was that good. What happened to Avery? (1991 210IP) (1992 233IP) (1993 223IP) followed by arm problems And where is Willis? (2004 190IP) (2005 236IP) (2006 223IP) ????
November 29, 200619 yr Their numbers might be similiar.. but nobody is similiar to DTrain. Its all chance.. but it is fun to look at player comparison numbers.
November 29, 200619 yr From today's flamarlins.com website: Lineup comes of age: When the Winter Meetings begin next week in Orlando, the Marlins will be hoping to upgrade in center field. While the team is weighing trade and modest free-agency options, general manager Admin Beinfest said recently that the lineup should remain pretty much the same as 2006. "We're always looking to improve and we won't shy away from anything," Beinfest said. "But [the lineup in general] is not an area that we're concentrating on. "We have to evaluate what we have, what our options are and our allocation to our payroll, and spend in the right areas. We were happy with our lineup." Beinfest points out that first baseman Mike Jacobs, who hit 20 home runs as a rookie, should show improvement next season, especially now that his right ankle has healed. "Jacobs hit 20 home runs and played on one leg half the season," Beinfest said. "A lot of good things happened there. It's not an area we are [looking to improve]." The entire piece includes comments on Hermida, Gonzalez and miscellaneous stuff http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...sp&c_id=fla
November 29, 200619 yr If we keep him we better get a Helms type to platoon with him and/or start there in case he hurts himself again. If he can be packaged for a good CF (Baldelli)...do it. If we're thinking of trading him for a Duffy type...do not...unless we're getting a reliever as well. I don't see Mike getting much better, but with a platoon partner like Helms our 1B situation isn't a weakness.
November 29, 200619 yr If we keep him we better get a Helms type to platoon with him and/or start there in case he hurts himself again. If he can be packaged for a good CF (Baldelli)...do it. If we're thinking of trading him for a Duffy type...do not...unless we're getting a reliever as well. I don't see Mike getting much better, but with a platoon partner like Helms our 1B situation isn't a weakness.
November 29, 200619 yr Author If we keep him we better get a Helms type to platoon with him and/or start there in case he hurts himself again. If he can be packaged for a good CF (Baldelli)...do it. If we're thinking of trading him for a Duffy type...do not...unless we're getting a reliever as well. I don't see Mike getting much better, but with a platoon partner like Helms our 1B situation isn't a weakness. Someone that can play 1B and some RF against tough lefties and is good off the bench? Someone like, Jeff Conine?
November 29, 200619 yr If we keep him we better get a Helms type to platoon with him and/or start there in case he hurts himself again. If he can be packaged for a good CF (Baldelli)...do it. If we're thinking of trading him for a Duffy type...do not...unless we're getting a reliever as well. I don't see Mike getting much better, but with a platoon partner like Helms our 1B situation isn't a weakness. Someone that can play 1B and some RF against tough lefties and is good off the bench? Someone like, Jeff Conine? Im not sure if 9ner ever really had much of a split...wouldnt mind him back either as a spot-man. We need someone more like Craig Wilson. Im not as concerned about RF because Hermida will be given plenty of time to show he can hit against LHP.
November 29, 200619 yr If people really believe in Willingham as a 1B, he could platoon at 1B vs LHP and Cody could play LF. That said, it all depends on how CF is handled next season, and to a lesser extent, how often they feel a need to sit Hermida vs LHP.
November 29, 200619 yr If we keep him we better get a Helms type to platoon with him and/or start there in case he hurts himself again. If he can be packaged for a good CF (Baldelli)...do it. If we're thinking of trading him for a Duffy type...do not...unless we're getting a reliever as well. I don't see Mike getting much better, but with a platoon partner like Helms our 1B situation isn't a weakness. :whistle my bad still I dont want a plantoon at 1B
November 29, 200619 yr If we keep him we better get a Helms type to platoon with him and/or start there in case he hurts himself again. If he can be packaged for a good CF (Baldelli)...do it. If we're thinking of trading him for a Duffy type...do not...unless we're getting a reliever as well. I don't see Mike getting much better, but with a platoon partner like Helms our 1B situation isn't a weakness. :whistle my bad still I dont want a plantoon at 1B What about a plantain? j/k For low-budget clubs like ours a platoon at a position so low on the defensive spectrum is something to think about and even pursue. If Jake could bang out a 900 OPS against RHP (also keeping him healthier) and another guy could put up something between 800-900 that's looking nice.
November 29, 200619 yr Wild, not to disagree or anything just curious. Why do you think he will have a high OPS? He had a nice on a year ago but then this past year he rather was horrible with SLG and his K/BB ratio was the pits. Just curious why you feel he could become a high OPS guy or high OBP guy to hit lead off I do love his speed, not sure of his arm. Perhaps swift or another can give us his Baseball America write up to go off of . Well, I was considering his past minor league numbers which show a pretty good OPS. I guess you're right though, minors and majors are 2 different levels. The potential is there....Willingham and Uggla did well in the minors and majors. I think Duffy could do the same.
November 29, 200619 yr Wild, not to disagree or anything just curious. Why do you think he will have a high OPS? He had a nice on a year ago but then this past year he rather was horrible with SLG and his K/BB ratio was the pits. Just curious why you feel he could become a high OPS guy or high OBP guy to hit lead off I do love his speed, not sure of his arm. Perhaps swift or another can give us his Baseball America write up to go off of . Well, I was considering his past minor league numbers which show a pretty good OPS. I guess you're right though, minors and majors are 2 different levels. The potential is there....Willingham and Uggla did well in the minors and majors. I think Duffy could do the same. I would be happy to see it indeed, if we did get him. At least it is another option without breaking up the pitching staff.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.