This could be our man

CF Alex Sanchez -- The 30-year-old is off to a torrid start for the Tiburones. Sanchez is batting .394 with three home runs, 18 RBIs, 17 runs scored and two stolen bases in 23 games.

hey we all know he has major potential even though he is 30 and even when he was suspended he was hitting .324. major speed and a perfect top of the order man.. i think that if we dont aquire someone of a higher profile he could be the guy

Most of the winter leagues are the equivalent of AA pitching (at best).

Pitchers there are either amateurs or professionals with serious mechanical or effectiveness problems, often experimenting more with new pitches than their bread and butter.

Let's see what he does in the spring, and even then he'd have to hit above .350 to make me a believer. He doesn't walk, he doesn't run a whole lot and his defense is terrible.

So you're willing to compromise your morals as long as they do well, but if they don't then roiders are bad?

Just checking.

I would not of cheered for him or honestly liked him here either. But, filling the park and the survival of the marlins for the future. A signing that could of brought a spotlight and seen the marlins become a feature story would be good for the team. To put it simply

Marlins long term survival >>>>>>>>>> My personal feelings.

So you're willing to compromise your morals as long as they do well, but if they don't then roiders are bad?

Just checking.

I would not of cheered for him or honestly liked him here either. But, filling the park and the survival of the marlins for the future. A signing that could of brought a spotlight and seen the marlins become a feature story would be good for the team. To put it simply

Marlins long term survival >>>>>>>>>> My personal feelings.The end justifies the means then, above all costs?

Just checking.

Marlins long term survival >>>>>>>>>> My personal feelings.The end justifies the means then, above all costs?

In the eyes of loria and sampson, have you seen differently honestly?

thrilling.

its winter ball.

its great for him, but really what does it prove?

It's all nice and everything...We all know he is a good contact hitter but can he really play CF in DS? He is more like a modern version of Lonnie Smith, who was a career LF. I wish him the best, he is a local cuban therefore he will be given more than a fair chance to start and I really believe Alex Sanchez is a lock to make the team unless he bombs in ST

As for the whole steriod thing - the guy was taking some over-the-counter stuff while it was allowed, and he wasn't aware when it became a banned substance until he tested "positive". That's why he didn't end up contesting it. Assuming that's true (and I have no reason not to) it really shouldn't be a knock against the guy. The drug testing policies in pro-sports are a joke. They suspend a guy like Sanchez in those circumstances or even Mota and can never quite catch the roid-monster HR hitters.

Anyways, at this point, he's our best option unless/until someone better is acquired. But one thing's for certain - he can hit better than any other CF candidate we have, and it's not even close (and that's not based on his numbers right now, I'm talking about his career MLB numbers).

Sanchez's team uses the DH and while he DHed last night, for the most part he's been used as their centerfielder. I think it was a great signing, it may or may not work out, but going into spring training it gives the team some options it didn't have before, and since he's signed to a minor league deal, even if someone beats him out, or we acquire a better player, there's a good chance he'll be an airline ticket away in Albuquerque.

Sanchez's team uses the DH and while he DHed last night, for the most part he's been used as their centerfielder. I think it was a great signing, it may or may not work out, but going into spring training it gives the team some options it didn't have before, and since he's signed to a minor league deal, even if someone beats him out, or we acquire a better player, there's a good chance he'll be an airline ticket away in Albuquerque.

Good point! Like I said he is plan C