December 15, 200619 yr CF Alex Sanchez -- The 30-year-old is off to a torrid start for the Tiburones. Sanchez is batting .394 with three home runs, 18 RBIs, 17 runs scored and two stolen bases in 23 games. hey we all know he has major potential even though he is 30 and even when he was suspended he was hitting .324. major speed and a perfect top of the order man.. i think that if we dont aquire someone of a higher profile he could be the guy
December 15, 200619 yr I dont want any steriod user on the team honestly but whatever it is better then nothing I guess
December 15, 200619 yr I dont want any steriod user on the team honestly but whatever it is better then nothing I guess Hilarious considering the number of players that are most likely using something.
December 15, 200619 yr the guy didnt take steroids... he took an illegal substance... and I remember a thread where a lot of people wanted Barry "beacon of roids" bonds I say canseco play CF and McGwire inject him in the field :batman
December 15, 200619 yr most folks wanted bonds just so he could fill the stadium up. Still like I said if he plays well so be it overall rather not have any roiders on the team.
December 15, 200619 yr So you're willing to compromise your morals as long as they do well, but if they don't then roiders are bad? Just checking.
December 15, 200619 yr Most of the winter leagues are the equivalent of AA pitching (at best). Pitchers there are either amateurs or professionals with serious mechanical or effectiveness problems, often experimenting more with new pitches than their bread and butter. Let's see what he does in the spring, and even then he'd have to hit above .350 to make me a believer. He doesn't walk, he doesn't run a whole lot and his defense is terrible.
December 16, 200619 yr So you're willing to compromise your morals as long as they do well, but if they don't then roiders are bad? Just checking. I would not of cheered for him or honestly liked him here either. But, filling the park and the survival of the marlins for the future. A signing that could of brought a spotlight and seen the marlins become a feature story would be good for the team. To put it simply Marlins long term survival >>>>>>>>>> My personal feelings.
December 16, 200619 yr He must be the man because this is the third or fourth thread on the guy this week.
December 16, 200619 yr So you're willing to compromise your morals as long as they do well, but if they don't then roiders are bad? Just checking. I would not of cheered for him or honestly liked him here either. But, filling the park and the survival of the marlins for the future. A signing that could of brought a spotlight and seen the marlins become a feature story would be good for the team. To put it simply Marlins long term survival >>>>>>>>>> My personal feelings.The end justifies the means then, above all costs?
December 16, 200619 yr Alex Sanchez couldn't hit in the minors for the Reds last year. Don't count on anything from him. Reggie, Ross, and Amezega are all better players.
December 16, 200619 yr How do you consider a guy with a better career avg as worse than the collection of utility players the marlins currently boast as a starting CFer? Alex Sanchez may not be good... but Abercrombie? Reed? Borchard (can he play CF anyways in DS?) :batman
December 16, 200619 yr So you're willing to compromise your morals as long as they do well, but if they don't then roiders are bad? Just checking. I would not of cheered for him or honestly liked him here either. But, filling the park and the survival of the marlins for the future. A signing that could of brought a spotlight and seen the marlins become a feature story would be good for the team. To put it simply Marlins long term survival >>>>>>>>>> My personal feelings.The end justifies the means then, above all costs? In the eyes of loria and sampson, have you seen differently honestly?
December 16, 200619 yr I, for one, have nothing against the guy, but I hope he doesn't make the team, just for Anibal Sanchez's sake. If there's another A. Sanchez on the team, it means Anibal will have to go to the dreaded second letter of first name on the back of the jersey. "AN. SANCHEZ" .. terrible. Beinfest if better than this.
December 16, 200619 yr thrilling. its winter ball. its great for him, but really what does it prove? It's all nice and everything...We all know he is a good contact hitter but can he really play CF in DS? He is more like a modern version of Lonnie Smith, who was a career LF. I wish him the best, he is a local cuban therefore he will be given more than a fair chance to start and I really believe Alex Sanchez is a lock to make the team unless he bombs in ST
December 16, 200619 yr As for the whole steriod thing - the guy was taking some over-the-counter stuff while it was allowed, and he wasn't aware when it became a banned substance until he tested "positive". That's why he didn't end up contesting it. Assuming that's true (and I have no reason not to) it really shouldn't be a knock against the guy. The drug testing policies in pro-sports are a joke. They suspend a guy like Sanchez in those circumstances or even Mota and can never quite catch the roid-monster HR hitters. Anyways, at this point, he's our best option unless/until someone better is acquired. But one thing's for certain - he can hit better than any other CF candidate we have, and it's not even close (and that's not based on his numbers right now, I'm talking about his career MLB numbers).
December 16, 200619 yr Sanchez's team uses the DH and while he DHed last night, for the most part he's been used as their centerfielder. I think it was a great signing, it may or may not work out, but going into spring training it gives the team some options it didn't have before, and since he's signed to a minor league deal, even if someone beats him out, or we acquire a better player, there's a good chance he'll be an airline ticket away in Albuquerque.
December 16, 200619 yr Sanchez's team uses the DH and while he DHed last night, for the most part he's been used as their centerfielder. I think it was a great signing, it may or may not work out, but going into spring training it gives the team some options it didn't have before, and since he's signed to a minor league deal, even if someone beats him out, or we acquire a better player, there's a good chance he'll be an airline ticket away in Albuquerque. Good point! Like I said he is plan C
December 17, 200619 yr Good point! Like I said he is plan C Who is plan A & B at this point? Plan A is some type of trade scenario (still in the works) Plan B was Josh Hamilton in the Rule V Draft but The Reds turned that plan into dust
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.