Hermida

he is walking alot, thats a great sign.

i like that too, but when i was hearing the game during my lunch break i heard DVH talking about him being more agressive in 3-1 counts and such. i really want to see that a little more, and when he gets something just drop the bat head on it. he knows the strike zone very well, but sometimes that can get him in trouble. Hermida has great tools and if he can repeat on his 2005 Campaign it will help us out ALOT!

Guest FlummoxedLummox

This thread isnt necessary people stop making threads like this.

Why isn't this thread necessary?

Hermida hasn't produced at the Major League level since his first at-bat. People are certainly justified in being concerned.

We start worrying at the end of this season if he's had his full healthy season and still hasn't produced. If he can't stay healthy again or can't produce after staying healthy throughout the season, perhaps it is time to push the panic button.

Then again, didn't we have to give guys like D-Lee a few years to really show off his stuff?

If he's healthy and not producing by the last week of March, then he probably needs to go down, he still has minor league options.

And start who in right field exactly?

Move Borchard to right, Sanchez in center.

Put your Hermida homerism aside for one second and look at what he's done this spring and while he played last season. He's been mediocre and he continues to disappoint. It's not just me that is disappointed with his play, trust me.

That's why this thread is necessary.

romp you r so BS you give herm all the credit in the world had a bad wheel a bad hip but say jake was a disappointment when he hit 20 hr 36 or 37 doubles and 77 rbi and he had a bad wheel O but jake sucks its so funny figure it out :banghead

what?

I wasn't disappointed with Mike Jacobs last year. Sure, I don't think he is the 1B of the future, but he is a fine player. It's even better that he put up solid numbers on a bum ankle.

If he's healthy and not producing by the last week of March, then he probably needs to go down, he still has minor league options.

Put your Hermida homerism aside for one second and look at what he's done this spring and while he played last season. He's been mediocre and he continues to disappoint. It's not just me that is disappointed with his play, trust me.

So this thread is necessary to discuss why a rookie who was hurt last season is not producing in SPRING TRAINING :| makes sense.

No. Starting Sanchez over Hermida would be beyond stupid.

So this thread is necessary to discuss why a rookie who was hurt last season is not producing in SPRING TRAINING :| makes sense.

He didn't produce last year either, when he played. It seems as though he's becoming a liability and nothing more.

I said last year before the season started that we needed to give the players 2 years before reaching any conclusions, much less push the panic button. Some that did well last year will do even better, some will regress. Others that performed poorly will improve, and some will continue the under-performance. By season's end, we can look at the entire line-up and see where we stand. The only one who gets a free ride is Cabs.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I don't think that anyone is pushing the panic button on Hermida, but his underwhelming production is certainly conversation worthy.